Are we too kind?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Stereotype

Re: Are we too kind?

Post by Stereotype »

I searched potato in urban dictionary. Here's what I got:

Potato-
Can be given to the girl you love as a way of saying "I have many ways in which I show my love for you, and it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I will still love you." Doesn't always work. Better than roses because roses are just a way of saying, "My love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance."

Sometimes acts rather strange, repeating its name over and over, hopping around on a pogo stick, and saying "Chips!" shortly after unexpectedly being turned into fries.

Though the next definition does make sense.

People get confused when sentences don't end the way they potato.

And hell yes the nice route is Kenji's. You experienced flying. Plus those feminists are going to kill you. Watch your back. TO KENJI THREAD!
Favorite: Image
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

Mirage_GSM wrote: By the way, the top result urban dictionary returns for comfort is:
"The act of deflowering a lesbian with your penis."

And of course, there's TV-Tropes.
Xanatos wrote:Urbandictionary isn't a reliable source?
UrbanDictionary wrote:1. Comfort

The act of deflowering a lesbian with your penis.
Misha: "Please comfort me, Hicchan. Just for today."
sex lesbian katawa shoujo stop.wmv
by OHGODMAHDRILLS Jun 10, 2012 add a video
Either you guys are joking or you're firm believers in circular logic. Take your pick. :?

TVTropes isn't the exactly best source either especially for sexual stuff
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Bad Apple wrote:TVTropes isn't the exactly best source either especially for sexual stuff
I'm noticing a pattern of "These sites I don't like aren't valid sources even though they are." here. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Stereotype

Post by Stereotype »

Ignore my example with the potato? It took awhile to copy & paste :(
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Either you guys are joking or you're firm believers in circular logic. Take your pick.
A bit of the former, but only a bit.
Of course this citation originates from KS itself - which is funny since I didn't expect to find it there when I checked - but that doesn't change the fact that that meaning of the word "comfort" existed long before KS. It's probably older than Television.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

If we were too kind, we'd probably have spent a lot more time with Kenji...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Xanatos wrote:If we were too kind, we'd probably have spent a lot more time with Kenji...
i now want a full kenji route, including a more prolonged manly picnic and some espionage scenes. possibly one where hisao sleeps with lilly and then quickly taps her phone to hear all conversations. 007 hisao, ready for duty.

back to topic: whether we are too nice or not, doesnt make us good or bad at relationships. if you are a white knight, or a total douchebag who mistreats women, we all can get a relationship going. i believe thats what you were getting at. im not too sure on what you were trying to get at.
no hidden message in here
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

Xanatos wrote:
Bad Apple wrote:TVTropes isn't the exactly best source either especially for sexual stuff
I'm noticing a pattern of "These sites I don't like aren't valid sources even though they are." here. :lol:
I'm just saying, if you're going to use citations for something like sexual euphemisms, a site that reads like a moe-moeblob mutant baby of Carl Jung's body of work isn't exactly the best source, and it's not like they need citations. It's more suitable for its described purpose: "a catalog of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction." And even then it's mostly animanga-laden and populist in practice.

Linking to TVTropes for sexual euphemisms is (forgive the subpar analogy) like linking to fanfiction.net for dating advice. It's not its intended purpose.

And I'm pretty sure anyone who follows FFnet dating advice is a rapist

As for that particular euphemism being older than television (literally or not), I'd say that's a generously conservative estimate to say the least. Sexual innuendos are older than dirt.

Maybe we can establish how old "Wahahahahaha~" is now? That sounds slightly more fun. Or you can get back on topic, that works too.
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Bad Apple wrote:Or you can get back on topic, that works too.
yes, that sounds better than being cooked.
no hidden message in here
Stereotype

Post by Stereotype »

Good point Apple.

Hitman, now that I think about it, I guess you are right. Whether you are a douchebag or white knight won't determine whether you have a relationship or not. The only thing that'll change is who you are in a relationship with.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Stereotype wrote:Okay, right off the bat, urban dictionary is NOT a reliable source :lol: . This is the first VN I played, and I knew it was 18+, but i didn't expect you to both have sex eith Shizune AND Misha. I guess I missed this euphanism as I grew up. Maybe I am naive xD. However, I don't agree that her previous actions made it obvious she was wanting sex. She was in a state where she needed to get her troubles out, but she needed someone else to be there for her. Assuming comforting her was a face value meaning, it would still fit in and make sense. So I guess the final ruling is that only naive/innocent people would consider it the nice route. Or, like guest said, one hell of a populated gutter xD.
KS was my first VN and I still found it pretty obvious. It's all about the context.