The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lianam

Re: The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

Post by Lianam »

YZQ wrote:What Hisao didn't get is that her father's death and her losing her legs is connected. Or that her father was dead in the first place.
HOW COULD HE NOT GET THAT?!?!? Honestly, it was kinda obvious... no offense Hivemind.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

My guess that Hisao is still a bit self-absorbed with his new condition and situation.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lianam wrote:Oh come on- if Hisao wasn't as thick, he'd figured out Emi's past long, LONG before he did- right about the time everyone else did.
I don't recall him having much trouble figuring out her past. He figures she lost her legs as soon as she appears and figures out her father's gone as soon as it's hinted at by the mother. What he doesn't figure out is why Emi's so ridiculously distant and overly-defensive about it all and she doesn't exactly help him with that, what with being an avoidant bitch all the time. :P

@YZQ: Not sure "Her husband died in a horrible accident" is the first thought of anyone upon seeing a mother alone somewhere. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Ok, not the "alone" part, but the sadness whenever the father is mentioned.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Ok, not the "alone" part, but the sadness whenever the father is mentioned.
Pretty sure he figured that part out. "He died." just doesn't answer much, hence his repeated prying and questions. The details are what he kept getting after (and never getting, until the good end) because no mere death would cause all this trauma.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It's something Hisao couldn't exactly relate to, as he wasn't that close to his folks. So yeah, the possibility that Emi was very close to her dad didn't occur to him.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well if he figured it out early on, there wouldn't be as much impact at the end now would there.

And its enturely possible Emi parents could have blamed each other for the accident that took Emi's legs and seperated as a result.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Well if he figured it out early on, there wouldn't be as much impact at the end now would there.
Actually there's a very good chance he figured out the connection between Emi's legs and her father's death earlier than everyone thinks. Hisao doesn't seem to surprised when Emi takes him to a graveyard to visit her father.
Plus Hisao is only dense when it seems to come to his relationships with the girls. Anything else he's pretty damn intelligent about it.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Well if he figured it out early on, there wouldn't be as much impact at the end now would there.
Actually there's a very good chance he figured out the connection between Emi's legs and her father's death earlier than everyone thinks. Hisao doesn't seem to surprised when Emi takes him to a graveyard to visit her father.
Plus Hisao is only dense when it seems to come to his relationships with the girls. Anything else he's pretty damn intelligent about it.
Yeah, that makes sense.

And I think most guys are a little dense when it comes to women. But you gotta give him credit, he had the sex thing figured out almost right from the start.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote: But you gotta give him credit, he had the sex thing figured out almost right from the start.
He's the protagonist of an Eroge-ish Visual Novel. Being surprisingly skilled in the carnal pleasures despite being a virgin comes naturally to them. :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Steinherz wrote:
The problem is that if we assume he had figured this out relatively early, then I can't see a good justification as to why he never mentions it. After all this is from a first person perspective and Hisao's thoughts are never kept a secret from us. In fact, he's really observant about this kind of stuff and narrates it accordingly.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Blasphemy wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
The problem is that if we assume he had figured this out relatively early, then I can't see a good justification as to why he never mentions it. After all this is from a first person perspective and Hisao's thoughts are never kept a secret from us. In fact, he's really observant about this kind of stuff and narrates it accordingly.
Ah but that's the thing. His thoughts reflect himself more than those around him.
I also draw, kind of.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Another thing: Hisao is terrible with English.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I thought I remembered Hisao saying something about having an idea what happened but not wanting to say anything until he was sure.
Not Dead Yet
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

pandaphil wrote:And I think most guys are a little dense when it comes to women.
Women are like jellyfish to us. We don't understand them.

:wink:
Ce ne sont pas une signature.