The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Why does everyone think Hisao is that stupid?
He can be oblivious, but he's not dense. Hell he'd probably seem to be in a slump and Mutou/Misha would pull him aside and ask him what's going on, one thing leads to another and Hisao has an epiphany.

Honestly, if Hanako hasn't killed herself after all the shit shes been through in her life, I doubt this would push her over the edge. But yes, she'd be depressed for awhile, and probably come out of it even more bitter and unreachable than before. Probably convincing herself that people suck and she doesn't need anyone else.

As for Hisao, that makes sense. Hell Misha put him on the right track when Emi broke up with him. I think someone would step again in this case case and tell him to man up.
That line of thinking is sound in theory but not entirely in practice. Depending on the person (and in Hanako's case, this seems applicable), the more shit a person's been through, the more likely something will push them over the edge. Every little thing is another push...Particularly if, like Hanako, they bottle it all in. Once that bottle bursts, nothing good's expected...

Lilly would probably be the one stepping in instead of Misha this time...But then Hanako would probably guess that Lilly did exactly that and Hisao was just doing it because she told him to...And depending on how warped her mindset became, that Lilly herself was just acting out of obligation.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Totally plausible situation, considering it's Hanako we're dealing with here.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

You know, I wonder if a more forceful approach would work with Hanako, when she's in that mode.

I've got a vision of Lilly snapping under the stress and grabbing Hanako and screaming at her in frustration. That may actually get through to Hanako, past her mistrust of everyone.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Either that or confirm her gut-feeling that everyone either hates her, looks down on her or considers her a burden.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

I couldn't see Lilly snapping at this. That rather occurs when it involves something concerning herself, especially her own weaknesses and faults.

She'd probably take a very neutral stance in this affair, even if she's disappointed in Hisao. I'd imagine she would do her best to reconcile the two and I find it hard to come up with ways where she fails doing so completely.

Since Hanako and Hisao usually feel the worst about their own shortcomings, especially Hanako, they'd probably feel quite guilty and, after talking to Lilly, realize that apologizing/making up is the right thing to do.

That said, Hanako may of course withdraw to the point where she doesn't ever talk to Lilly and Hisao may be just too depressed and disappointed in himself to actually get himself together, even after his conversation with Lilly (which I imagine he wouldn't avoid).
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

bhtooefr wrote:You know, I wonder if a more forceful approach would work with Hanako, when she's in that mode.

I've got a vision of Lilly snapping under the stress and grabbing Hanako and screaming at her in frustration. That may actually get through to Hanako, past her mistrust of everyone.

Thats a promising idea. Maybe not screaming in anger, but at least losing her temper "We're your friends! Stop pushing us away because we want to help! We do it because we love you goddamnit!" Might be enough of a shock to bring her around to having an open, and honest conversation. Remember how Hisao freaked out a little when Lilly lost her temper after runnign into Kenji?

And really, if she thought about it, she'd realize that Lilly at that moment was treating her as an equal. If she's going to go all "Oh, why is Lilly being so mean to me?" then maybe she is too fragile and needs protecting.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I'm thinking Lilly would snap, scream in anger and frustration, then break down in tears.

And maybe admit that she needs Hanako, and mention the summons.

The screaming in anger would shock Hanako into listening (any less and she'd brush it off I think, any more and she'd file it under abuse), the breaking down in tears and admitting everything would spur her into action. Hanako desperately wants to feel needed.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I just don't think Lilly as a character would lose it like that. Its just not in her nature. If she did, it would more likely scare Hanako than change her mind. So I'm holding out for simply raising her voice and speaking sternly/angrily.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Yeah that seems severely OOC for the occasion. Especially since Lilly doesn't really 'need' Hanako that much, otherwise her decision for staying in Japan instead of going to Scotland would've probably come rather early.

I can't remember many outbursts from Lilly in fanfics anyways, but one were Lilly does completely break apart and it feels really justified and perfectly executed is FluffandCrunch's 'Scar Tissue'.
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Steinherz wrote:Why does everyone think Hisao is that stupid?
I think it's sort of an ongoing joke- then again, the amount of times I facepalmed during Emi's route due to his thickness is currently, incalculable.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lianam wrote:
I think it's sort of an ongoing joke- then again, the amount of times I facepalmed during Emi's route due to his thickness is currently, incalculable.
I don't recall much thickness in Emi's route...Well, except from Emi. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hisao was never good with people, as far as I can recall. He had acquaintances, but no friends which he could share weal and woe with. Add to that his pushing away of people after the diagnosis, and you have someone who is socially awkward.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Xanatos wrote:
Lianam wrote:
I don't recall much thickness in Emi's route...Well, except from Emi. :lol:
Oh come on- if Hisao wasn't as think, he'd figured out Emi's past long, LONG before he did- right about the time everyone else did.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

His personality does seem to change depending on the route you take. He seems a lot smarter in Lilly's story.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, there are only so many ways you can lose both legs for an otherwise average Japanese teenage girl. What Hisao didn't get is that her father's death and her losing her legs is connected. Or that her father was dead in the first place, after seeing her mom alone at the sports meet.

@panda: Agreed. Hisao's intelligence seemed to match the level of the girl he's dating.
Last edited by YZQ on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.