The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: The wrong reaction to a grave mistake.

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

You know, actually, when I first saw this thread title, I thought of Hanako's pissed face, not Emi's. Toasty! (Dan Forden pops out)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:You know, actually, when I first saw this thread title, I thought of Hanako's pissed face, not Emi's. Toasty! (Dan Forden pops out)

For some reason I always thought that was Ed Boon or John Tobias. Did not know it was Dan Forden :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

:lol:

For real though, Hanako's angry face can kill. And if that doesn't get you, her sad, regretful look afterwards will.

Hey phil, you up on that bad end turned good yet? I forgot to check.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote::lol:

For real though, Hanako's angry face can kill. And if that doesn't get you, her sad, regretful look afterwards will.

Hey phil, you up on that bad end turned good yet? I forgot to check.
Well if we're switching to Hanako, then yeah it was a good end for Hanako, since Hisao was being a seriously over-protective jerk in that scene. Still doesn't make it anu less upsetting. You know she had a good long cry after that encounter, and probably locked herself in her room even longer.

like to think he came back and apologized and they worked things out later. Although I suppose if they did mend fences later it wouldn't have really qualified as a bad ending would it?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:it was a good end for Hanako
In what reality is completely snapping under the pressure of mere existence and effectively torching the bridges between your only friends a good end for anyone involved?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:it was a good end for Hanako
In what reality is completely snapping under the pressure of mere existence and effectively torching the bridges between your only friends a good end for anyone involved?

See? Me mentioning Hanako's bad ending. Its like a Xan magnet.

Good in that she was able to actually say what she really felt, instead of hiding.

But it would have been better if she'd said somethign sooner instead of letting it build up til she exploded.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Good in that she was able to actually say what she really felt, instead of hiding.
You think she really hates Lilly more than anyone?
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Okay, you guys win. I misspoke earlier.
Oddball wrote:
You think she really hates Lilly more than anyone?
Not really. But its obviously something thats been eating at her for awhile. Eventually it was going to come out, but it could have been handled better. Hopefully when Lilly gets back the two of them can have a talk.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Hanako's bad end is one situation where I'd have to put myself in Hisao's shoes to make any sense of it. And since I can be soft like a melting snowball around a girl I really care for, that angry face would do it for me. I'd be crying like a little bitch. :lol:

So then I wonder how she'd react to that, even at the peak of her anger. Then again, I wouldn't be stubborn enough to keep trying to get her out of her room after she's said no. I'd be like well alright... um, happy birthday. I have one more gift for you once you're in a better mood.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

I think Hanako would get a bit confused but still be mad.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Or maybe it would lead to phil's idea of both being teary-eyed with mutual apologies? Isn't that how the fic starts?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Or maybe it would lead to phil's idea of both being teary-eyed with mutual apologies? Isn't that how the fic starts?

I vaguely recall a story like that. But not the details.

But damn, he would have to be the master of romance to get back on her good side after that. She'd hardly let him back in after throwing him out. I and would proably shun him afterwards. And its not like Lilly could risk stepping in to help.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah, that brings us to the other side of the coin, Lilly might be rather mad that he ignored her advice. I'd rather not consider it. I'm too busy being stuck back at when Hanako was drunk. I don't know about Hisao, but if that were me in that situation, I'd hold her tight. Especially as she snuggles up in my shirt. Maybe we'd share a wine-breath kiss. Hell if I'd care. If I were him, that girl would mean everything to me and I'd sure let her know. As so many of us have established before, there's a big difference between wanting to protect and "fix" her, and just loving her for who she is. I'm going for the latter.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I do think that three friendships would be destroyed (it depends on Lilly's capacity for forgiveness, and I think Lilly would also blame herself), but Hanako would grow from it, and even if she wouldn't be happy, she'd be able to function at the very least. I think Hisao would eventually grow from it too.

Hanako's worst ending is her neutral ending. In that ending, one of two things happen: either things fester and she just blows up worse later, or she internalizes that she really does need coddling and won't grow from there.

I think the endings most likely to involve a suicide are, in increasing order of likelihood (although the order is contrary to developer statements): Hanako's bad end (and it's not Hanako), Shizune's bad end (which may involve multiple suicides), Rin's bad end, Hanako's neutral end, Rin's neutral end.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^Ah, major case of feels. This is why I got Hanako's neutral ending first. My emotions were on fire at that point, and I knew that this year was different from any other year for Hanako, cause she's in love. After Falling, I was so scared that I'd go into Hanako's room only to find her hanging from a rope. Boy was I wrong.

But like, what would be the case if, instead of the neutral end, Hisao confesses to her then? I wonder what, then. It would be the same for the bad end if I were in that situation. Instead of trying to force her out of her room, I'd be too busy asking her to be my girlfriend. And since that's what she wanted all along, I can't see how I'd get a bad ending out of that. But that's just my thought process.