Birthday gifts for the cast

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Oddball » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Pyramid Head wrote:For Hanako, a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and not taking a hint.
For Shizune a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat HIsao to death for being an idiot and "Comforting" Misha.
For Lilly a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and spending so much time being a whining asshole when she could have used his support.
For Emi a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and only showing character in the arc of the least interesting character out of the five candidates.
For Rin a baseball bat and bionic arms so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Nomiya to death for being a character even worse than Hisao.
For Yuuko a baseball bat so she's ready to make her own arc of dispelling the rumor that Kenji was her boyfriend by beating him to death for being an insufferably annoying piece of shit who never should have been in the final product.
For Misha, nothing, because fuck Misha and fuck pink hair.
So, who gets to beat the girls to death for being stubborn bitches that won't actually come out and say what's troubling them? Seems only fair since your major issue with Hisao seems to be that he can't read their minds.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Comrade » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Oddball wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:For Hanako, a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and not taking a hint.
For Shizune a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat HIsao to death for being an idiot and "Comforting" Misha.
For Lilly a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and spending so much time being a whining asshole when she could have used his support.
For Emi a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and only showing character in the arc of the least interesting character out of the five candidates.
For Rin a baseball bat and bionic arms so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Nomiya to death for being a character even worse than Hisao.
For Yuuko a baseball bat so she's ready to make her own arc of dispelling the rumor that Kenji was her boyfriend by beating him to death for being an insufferably annoying piece of shit who never should have been in the final product.
For Misha, nothing, because fuck Misha and fuck pink hair.
So, who gets to beat the girls to death for being stubborn bitches that won't actually come out and say what's troubling them? Seems only fair since your major issue with Hisao seems to be that he can't read their minds.
I do.
I feel like i should do another read through, because i can hardly remember anything from the VN
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Sea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Comrade wrote:
Oddball wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:For Hanako, a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and not taking a hint.
For Shizune a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat HIsao to death for being an idiot and "Comforting" Misha.
For Lilly a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and spending so much time being a whining asshole when she could have used his support.
For Emi a baseball bat so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Hisao to death for being an idiot and only showing character in the arc of the least interesting character out of the five candidates.
For Rin a baseball bat and bionic arms so she's ready to improve on her bad end and beat Nomiya to death for being a character even worse than Hisao.
For Yuuko a baseball bat so she's ready to make her own arc of dispelling the rumor that Kenji was her boyfriend by beating him to death for being an insufferably annoying piece of shit who never should have been in the final product.
For Misha, nothing, because fuck Misha and fuck pink hair.
So, who gets to beat the girls to death for being stubborn bitches that won't actually come out and say what's troubling them? Seems only fair since your major issue with Hisao seems to be that he can't read their minds.
I do.
I feel like i should do another read through, because i can hardly remember anything from the VN
Time to do you're fifth play through then! Or what ever number you''re on.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Xanatos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Pyramid Head wrote:I like to give practical gifts when i'm obligated by arbitrary passage of time, saving more personal gifts for personal holidays between myself and the person receiving the gift. I also am going through Katawa Shoujo again and hating Hisao.
Why is it none of the listed gifts are practical or personal in any way at all then?

Are you a feminist, by any chance? You seem to love hating Hisao for his mistakes while completely ignoring every single really stupid mistake made by the girls...Must be a feminist.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by cannedcream » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:18 pm

I bet Hanako would like a kitten... something tiny, soft, and adorable that she could take care of and would love her with unbiased affection, but still be low maintenance so she wouldn't be overwhelmed with the responsibility. Not that I don't think she couldn't handle it, of course.

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Sea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:27 pm

cannedcream wrote:I bet Hanako would like a kitten... something tiny, soft, and adorable that she could take care of and would love her with unbiased affection, but still be low maintenance so she wouldn't be overwhelmed with the responsibility. Not that I don't think she couldn't handle it, of course.
Reeeeeeealy tempted to spam with pictures of Rin with a kitten to make your heart explode but I'll restrain myself
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by cannedcream » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Sea wrote:
cannedcream wrote:I bet Hanako would like a kitten... something tiny, soft, and adorable that she could take care of and would love her with unbiased affection, but still be low maintenance so she wouldn't be overwhelmed with the responsibility. Not that I don't think she couldn't handle it, of course.
Reeeeeeealy tempted to spam with pictures of Rin with a kitten to make your heart explode but I'll restrain myself
No, no, I just finished playing Hanako's story a few minutes ago. I couldn't take the strain.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Oddball » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 pm

I suppose I should list some suggestions as well.

Lilly- See if there's some Great Scottish Novel that I can get a Braille copy of. If that doesn't work, A small CD player with a few CDs for her, assuming she doesn't already have a radio. I don't recall them mentioning it.

Shizune- she likes board games, so two of three of those. Maybe one of those alternate versions of Risk or something.

Emi - My mom runs and I recently bought her a watch that had both a stopwatch feature and some kind of counter that keep track of how many steps you take. I'm not sure if that sort of thing works with prosthetics, but if it does, I'd get Emi the same thing.

Rin: I'm going to go against the grain with this one. I'll get her a nice outfit. You never see her wearing anything nice during the game. Now that I think about it, I'd do something similar for Misha.

Hanako ... she's a bit different. She really has nothing, so getting a few things seems like a good choice here, unless of course she misinterprets the sentiments and throws a hissy fit over her birthday again. Anyway, I'd get her a nice walk hanging or poster or two to spruce up her room some. I'd also get her a nice colorful blanket or comforter. Again, her room needs some life in it, and the idea of her having a gift she can actually wrap around herself and go to sleep in just seems nice.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Xanatos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:11 pm

cannedcream wrote:unbiased affection
What is it with people and believing pets are unbiased? They like you because you're warm and salty. Once you go cold (die), a cat will fucking eat you given no other choice. :lol:

I'd also get Lilly a new dog since the devs murdered her last one. >.>
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
cannedcream
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by cannedcream » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Xanatos wrote:
cannedcream wrote:unbiased affection
What is it with people and believing pets are unbiased? They like you because you're warm and salty. Once you go cold (die), a cat will fucking eat you given no other choice. :lol:
Well that's.... dark.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Comrade » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:53 pm

cannedcream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
cannedcream wrote:unbiased affection
What is it with people and believing pets are unbiased? They like you because you're warm and salty. Once you go cold (die), a cat will fucking eat you given no other choice. :lol:
Well that's.... dark.
that's life.
Cats are fucking bastards
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by KeiichiO » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Comrade wrote: that's life.
Cats are fucking bastards
Cat's are my life, so you're right.

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Pyramid Head » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:I like to give practical gifts when i'm obligated by arbitrary passage of time, saving more personal gifts for personal holidays between myself and the person receiving the gift. I also am going through Katawa Shoujo again and hating Hisao.
Why is it none of the listed gifts are practical or personal in any way at all then?

Are you a feminist, by any chance? You seem to love hating Hisao for his mistakes while completely ignoring every single really stupid mistake made by the girls...Must be a feminist.

Go drown in the blood of slaughtered kittens ya fucking brony. Let me vent about Hisao in peace. I'm kind of pissed because downloading the updates to Katawa Shoujo deleted my save files and i have to watch Hisao make every single stupid fucking mistake he could have made in regards to Hanako and Rin as part of the good paths. Besides, someone else mentioned a problem about the girls not communicating either but really i never noticed that problem, i was able to tell what Hanako and Rin were thinking. Okay yeah i'm more familiar with people with more skewed thought processes but still, it should have been obvious to Hisao what to do with Lilly.
Shizune is the exception, but then again communicating with her is damn near impossible and she never had anything beyond a friends with benefit relationship with Hisao anyway. Though maybe it was a bad idea to handcuff and pseudo-rape the heart patient.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Comrade » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:32 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Comrade wrote: that's life.
Cats are fucking bastards
Cat's are my life, so you're right.
I fucking love cats
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Birthday gifts for the girls

Post by Oddball » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:35 pm

i was able to tell what Hanako and Rin were thinking.
heh heh. ... No you weren't. Stop lying. :roll:

Rin didn't even know what Rin was thinking and Hisao and Hanako's mutual mistakes were all that made the relationship really possible. If you would have known exactly what she wanted and tried to present her with it, she would have freaked out and ran.

Now if you're going to say that what you meant was that Rin was hesitant about the exhibit and Hanako liked Hisao but had poor self esteem issues, then yeah, you know what they're thinking, in the exact same way that Hisao did.
Not Dead Yet

Post Reply