MAI WAIFU!!!
5%
Where's my Misha route?!
28%

Total votes: 65

Archangel Gabriel

Shizune's route

Post by Archangel Gabriel »

So I just finished a replay of Shizune's route. It was...nice. It wasn't a bombastic, dramatic affair like Lilly's or Hanako's, but it had its own charm all the same.

I really didn't like how Hisao kept trying to dodge Student Council work all through Act I. He just came off as a lazy dickhead, the kind who swears on a stack of Bibles and then doesn't fulfill any of his promises. Maybe that's why he's not a fan favorite or something. He definitely gets better as the route goes on, though. Looking at Act I Hisao vs. Act IV, I probably couldn't tell they were the same people at first glance.

I also liked Shizune's character. Yeah, she comes off as annoying in Act I, but she gets so much better throughout her route. Honestly, most of her interactions with Hisao come off as Belligerent Sexual Tension- I don't know why most fans classify her as a straight-up bitch. Maybe they're just terrified of strong women or something. xD

Jigoro I couldn't stand. Perhaps he cares about his daughter deep down, but he does a frankly terrible job of showing it, pissing on not just Hisao, but also Misha and one of Shizune's great passions, the Student Council. You do not constantly belittle your children about stuff they like and/or are passionate about unless it's obviously bad for them (drug abuse, etc.). (Know the hypothetical sports-obsessed dude who constantly insults his son for being an intellectual and a "nerd"? Same principle.) He just came off as an ass, especially his final scene in ACT III, where he immediately calls Hisao's book "literary dreck" even though he (apparently) knows absolutely shit about it. Really? :| The "inviting Shicchan on a trip personally" scene was a nice gesture though. Least he's not a total asshole.

Hideaki was meh. He was mostly boring throughout Act III, but I could tell he cared about Shizune more than he let on.

Misha... Misha, Misha, Misha. Hoo boy. When I started the replay I did not like her at all. Not only because I was already put off by her loud, boisterous mannerisms and had marked her as one of those people who constantly tries to shove you into friendships and socialization even if you'd rather curl up in a corner somewhere with a good book, but also because I was furious at her for going after Hisao for "comfort". I couldn't see her as anything but a corrupt spinster trying to destroy a perfectly good relationship out of jealousy and hate. Over the replay, however, I gained a new perspective- she wasn't really an evil bitch trying to hurt Shizune out of jealousy, but a hurting person who just desperately needed to feel even a little goodness and went to Hisao when she was fucking desperate. Maybe I still don't like her, but it's not the intense hatred I once had.

I liked the ending. Once again, it didn't beat you with feels like Lilly or Hanako, but it was sweet in its own way. The trio are all friends once again, Misha isn't in suicidal depression anymore, Shizune's vowing to change her ways for the better, and Hisao's going to keep pursuing Shicchan no matter what. I didn't get any sort of bitter-sweet "we'll split up again" feel like so many others. (Which reminds me, I really need to re-read Weekend at Hisao's sometime later.)

So... yeah. Not exactly a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FEELS" route, but good in its own way. I'll probably revise my girl/route rankings later this week.

Oh yeah, I also posted a poll up there^ so feel free to vote in that if you want.
Routes: Lilly=Hanako=Shizune>Emi>Rin
Girls: Shizune=Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Misha
So many people cheering on Hisao cheating with Misha....To cheat on popular people is horrendous. To cheat on unpopular people is harmless?
Xanatos

Re: Shizune's route

Post by Xanatos »

There's a reason Hisao dodges Council work in Act 1...He didn't even want to be in it. He just had to get those bitches to quit hounding him. :lol:

We don't really need a second thread discussing Shizune's route though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Archangel Gabriel

Xanatos wrote:There's a reason Hisao dodges Council work in Act 1...He didn't even want to be in it. He just had to get those bitches to quit hounding him. :lol:
Still comes of a lazy douche, though. Especially in the scene where (IIRC) he says "Yeah I'll totes do it" then backs into the room as Misha/Shizune leave. I just wanted to grab him by the scruff and yell, "YOU ARE DOING THIS SHIT ONCE AND FOR ALL, QUIT TRYING TO BACK OUT YOU LAZY FUCK!"

But maybe that's just me. :P
So many people cheering on Hisao cheating with Misha....To cheat on popular people is horrendous. To cheat on unpopular people is harmless?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Archangel Gabriel wrote:
Xanatos wrote:There's a reason Hisao dodges Council work in Act 1...He didn't even want to be in it. He just had to get those bitches to quit hounding him. :lol:
Still comes of a lazy douche, though. Especially in the scene where (IIRC) he says "Yeah I'll totes do it" then backs into the room as Misha/Shizune leave. I just wanted to grab him by the scruff and yell, "YOU ARE DOING THIS SHIT ONCE AND FOR ALL, QUIT TRYING TO BACK OUT YOU LAZY FUCK!"

But maybe that's just me. :P
What you just described comes off as "Well, if saying this will get these bitches off my case..." :lol: I mean, he promises to do something to shut them up and make them go away...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Note that Hisao avoiding student council work isn't anything out of the ordinary. Every other student in Yamaku is doing it too. One of the reasons the duo keeps approaching Hisao (other than the fact they want him to join) is because nobody else is helping them. And yeah, Hisao'd probably be more willing to help out if he didn't feel like his help would come across as an agreement to join...or if helping out didn't mean putting up with numerous recruitment attempts.
We don't really need a second thread discussing Shizune's route though.
That thread's been pretty much hijacked by the Jigoro-debate though.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I really didn't like how Hisao kept trying to dodge Student Council work all through Act I.
I didn't like how everytime Shizune and Misha had speaking lines they were trying to recruit him for the student council or make him do work for them, even after he says he doesn't want to or isn't interested.

Still comes of a lazy douche, though
He just came out of the hospital after a major life changing event. Not only was he extremely depressed, he wasn't even used to walking around on a regular basis anymore.

Yeah, some of his responses were basically, "I'll say anything to get you to leave me alone," but that's partially because they wouldn't leave him alone. Hell, they gave him a lecture over the way he played a board game.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Yeah, pretty much everyone is avoiding council work. It's only noticed with Hisao because they're still actively nagging him. :lol: And honestly, even if he was just being lazy...The guy's crush confessed to him, he had a heart attack that laid him out in a hospital for months, he's on a medical cocktail for the rest of his life, and he was forced to leave behind his home and friends and family. AND he has these two hounding him for work all the time, plus Kenji's ramblings to endure...

Would YOU be up for a round of tedious (and ultimately pointless - I always got the feeling that symbolic busywork made up a greater amount of council work than anything useful) paperwork?
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Shizune's route contained quite a few things that I really liked, but I think somehow they did fit together as well as in the other routes. It wasn't the route I enjoyed least while playing it though. I feel a little bad being negative about something that I still enjoyed a lot and that is better than anything I could have written.

I thought both ends work very in their own ways. I like Misha and her subplot as well and much more than I would have thought after Act 1.

On the other hand I don't get Jigoro. Yes, I have read the whole other thread, but I am not seeing it - neither as a positive nor as a negative character. Ok, I'll better stop now.
stutum

Post by stutum »

I think Shizune's route was ok, but it's my least favorite one. Won't bother to replay it.
pip25

Post by pip25 »

I miss the "Requires a replay or chances are half of it won't make sense" option from the poll. ;)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pip25 wrote:I miss the "Requires a replay or chances are half of it won't make sense" option from the poll. ;)
That option wouldn't be applicable to any route...
Archangel Gabriel

Xanatos wrote:
pip25 wrote:I miss the "Requires a replay or chances are half of it won't make sense" option from the poll. ;)
If you were spoiled beforehand. Which I was... >_>

Someone who went in blind, yeah I could see them needing a replay or two.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Archangel Gabriel wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
If you were spoiled beforehand. Which I was... >_>

Someone who went in blind, yeah I could see them needing a replay or two.
Yeah...Every route makes sense with one playthrough. What game were you playing?
pip25

Post by pip25 »

Xanatos wrote:Yeah...Every route makes sense with one playthrough. What game were you playing?
Not sure, something called Katawa Shoujo. Strange title, in retrospect I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I went near that... :P
More seriously, if everything fell into place on your first time through Rin's route, and you caught all the subtleties in Shizune's the first time around, then I shall bow before your superior wisdom, because I sure didn't. Something tells me though that you may have simply not noticed what you're missing.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pip25 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Yeah...Every route makes sense with one playthrough. What game were you playing?
Not sure, something called Katawa Shoujo. Strange title, in retrospect I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I went near that... :P
More seriously, if everything fell into place on your first time through Rin's route, and you caught all the subtleties in Shizune's the first time around, then I shall bow before your superior wisdom, because I sure didn't. Something tells me though that you may have simply not noticed what you're missing.
"You might need a replay to catch all the subtle details." is an entirely different claim than "You require a replay for the route to make sense."

One is obvious. The other is a giveaway that you weren't playing the same game. :P Which claim are you going with?