What if Iwanako transferred to Yamaku?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Comrade

Re: What if Iwanako transferred to Yamaku?

Post by Comrade »

philosophish wrote:
Sea wrote:
philosophish wrote:No effect. She arrives, gets hit by a bus, Hisao is shocked, Lilly comforts him, and they get together.

Like they should ^^
You should staph, biases shall be delt with swiftly. (We shall hit a bus with you)
In Soviet Russia, you hit bus!
Uhm
You should stop
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I've thought of this before. Couple month old thread but who cares. Iwanako at Yamaku would be like Hard Mode for Hisao. He'd constantly be facing the threat of ruining the current route with thoughts and feelings of his old flame. :lol:

No crap though, I would have gotten the message back in the hospital when she stopped visiting. So personally I'd avoid her over constant reminder of the past. I'd run into the library for some peace and quiet, and to find some good study material as I browse the isles, only to stumble upon another familiar head of dark hair poking out from among the shelves. Preferably near the beanbags. Good enough for me.
Sleverin

Post by Sleverin »

The point needs to be made though that Iwanako didn't stop coming to the hospital because she stopped liking Hisao but because Hisao was so severely depressed/angry that he couldn't even talk to her. She saw him slowly wasting away and couldn't stand to see him like that over time and finally decided to stop coming as it didn't seem like he was getting better emotionally.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I've considered that, but I couldn't help but get some feels from the letter she wrote Hisao. I'm a nice guy and all, and no matter what altercations I get into or how mad I get, I always get over it later, but still, when I read the note she sent him, I couldn't help but get a "Screw you too!" feeling. Maybe it just hit a nerve and that was my immediate reaction. Or maybe I've just been abandoned by too many girls I've cared about, so it hit a nerve that way. In any case, Hisao would be better off pursuing another girl even if Iwanako showed up at Yamaku.

I'm pondering adding her to my AA game, just to screw stuff up though. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sleverin wrote:The point needs to be made though that Iwanako didn't stop coming to the hospital because she stopped liking Hisao but because Hisao was so severely depressed/angry that he couldn't even talk to her. She saw him slowly wasting away and couldn't stand to see him like that over time and finally decided to stop coming as it didn't seem like he was getting better emotionally.
Well, it's also noted that she never really tried very hard to talk to him either. They would both try, find no words, and then she'd just sit there feeling guilty until the visit was done. And in the end, she seemed to exude a pretty big "I'm just visiting out of obligation now" vibe made all the more apparent by her talk about meeting again in the letter. No real substance, just more guilt and obligation.

No wonder he was depressed. You don't visit a depressed hospital patient just to lounge around radiating guilty obligation waves and you don't send a letter out of nowhere full of more of the same. That's just awful for everyone involved. As for the anger..."Oh woe is me, I'm so depressed that I put you in the hospital!" "Bitch, I'm the one in the hospital, taking a medication cocktail and about to have my entire life uprooted and relocated. Where do you get off being depressed?!" :lol:

Ultimately, Hisao's depression fueled her guilt and her guilt fed his depression. And each probably fed the other's resentment, realistically speaking. I know I'd be pretty resentful if someone kept popping in to rain guilt-ridden depression all over my already-pretty-fucking-depressed parade, or someone kept being all silently depressive and raining guilt all over my already-pretty-fucking-guilty parade. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^This is why I started feeling bad right at the beginning of reading KS. Cause girls like Iwanako are why I found myself in certain situations in life. I felt bad for Hisao, but if I was a bro who showed up while he was in the hospital, I'd be like don't worry about it dude, you'll find someone worth your time in this new school. Count on that, it will be exciting.
CaveRave

Post by CaveRave »

Assuming the question is really asking how Iwanako and Hiaso would react to each other if Iwanako were to transfer in the middle of a route, I think we can start by asking ourselves exactly how Iwanako would respond if Hiaso decides to reply to her letter (or Kenji does as some elaborate, delusional prank). The way Hiaso interpenetrates the letter varies so much from route to route that it's hard to really determine whether Iwanako was at the hopstial out of guilt, genuine concern or obligation and whether Hiaso had shut her out with his act one bitterness or if it were the other way around.

Simply put, we do not know who Iwanako really is in terms of personality and, as such, we can only figure a guess to how the different Hiaso routes would react to her instead. Anyways, besides that, I think all versions of Iwanako would react to all versions of Hiaso initially in the same way — avoiding him. She would move out of her way to avoid talking to him, unless Hiaso speaks first.

One notable fact to note is that Iwanako's letter varies from route to route, for example, Hanako's route has a different letter than Emi's route. What this suggests is up to speculation — it could even be possible that Iwanako had sent two different letters to Hiaso under the impression that the first one was misplaced as Hiaso receives the letter much later in the Katawa Shoujo timeline in certain routes (The track meeting in Emi's route and after Hanako's birthday party are two separate events). Of course, this is easily debunked by how the letter in Lilly's route is the same as Emi's route's one.

That, or the previous paragraph is a mistake on my part. If it were true, however, and I did not remember this detail incorrectly, it would imply that Hiaso and Iwanako's personality varies route to route, which leads to very interesting parallels between them. Perhaps she was attracted to Hiaso because of similarities in personality, in all routes?
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

CaveRave wrote: One notable fact to note is that Iwanako's letter varies from route to route, for example, Hanako's route has a different letter than Emi's route.
If i'm not mistaken, the differences are just that in some routes, we see the whole letter, while in others we just get parts of it or a description of what it contained, but it's still the same letter every time. It does arrive at different times in different routes, though, and there is no real explanation for that other than 'the writers screwed up.'
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

No the letter is the same in every route.
And in this case I'd say the different times the letter arrives are not a screw-up but rather just the most convenient times for the letter to arrive in the respective routes.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
CaveRave

Post by CaveRave »

FelOnyx wrote:
If i'm not mistaken, the differences are just that in some routes, we see the whole letter, while in others we just get parts of it or a description of what it contained, but it's still the same letter every time. It does arrive at different times in different routes, though, and there is no real explanation for that other than 'the writers screwed up.'
Yeah, that sounds about right. I was going to say that it was either that or that parts of the letter was read differently among routes.