Which ending is most likely for you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Which ending is most likely for you?

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Lilly's bad ending doesn't have anything to do with the airport...
Sure it does.
Even in the bad end Hisao runs after Lilly to the airport and has his heart attack, doesn't he?
...Nope. :?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

No, it doesn't, at least not in 1.1.

The ending scenes of the VN in 1.1:

Farewell (in which Lilly and Akira leave for the Hakamichi residence)
False Cadence (which is everything from Hisao waking up after Lilly left, to his heart attack at the airport)
Under a Maudlin Sky (in which Hisao wakes up in the hospital realizing what happened)
Under a Bright Sky (in which Hisao wakes up again, he hears the music box, is reunited with Lilly, and convinces her to stay)
Forwards, with Gusto! (the post-credits scene in the good ending)

In 1.1 at least, it cuts off after Farewell, not Under a Maudlin Sky - meaning that the choices didn't affect Lilly's mindset at all from a story perspective, but rather Hisao's mindset towards her.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Xanatos wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Lilly's bad ending doesn't have anything to do with the airport...
Sure it does.
Even in the bad end Hisao runs after Lilly to the airport and has his heart attack, doesn't he?
...Nope. :?
Well, for all we know, he does. It just ends before we find out :) .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Umber

Post by Umber »

Would go for the 'Peripheral Character of the Year' ending. Stay at Yamaku, leave, and eventually die.

mutou
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

bhtooefr wrote:Spoilerstuff...
Huh, you're right. I misremembered this...
Probably because I only fast forwarded through Lilly's bad end to get the 100% completion^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Given that I have a habit of walking for an hour or so in between or after classes, I probably would not need to be roped into doing morning runs with Emi to get my exercise. And I can't imagine really getting to know her outside of being the person who hangs out with Rin a lot.

Rin could easily be someone I'd enjoy killing time with, but not much more than that. The random rambling she does makes it hard to take her seriously sometimes.

Once I found the library, I'd be spending a lot of my time there. Which would normally mean a lot of opportunities to get to know Hanako. Except... I'm not the type to get up and randomly talk to people either. So if I do end up on that route at all, it might be a late start. That said, I'm not entirely sure how it would play out. I mean, I read through her bad end and all. But if I didn't know what I know now, would I have fallen into the same trap?

Then again, it would take more than one verbal lashing for me to call a friendship permanently ended. I would try to apologize the next time she comes back to class or something, if that happened.

I would probably be too put off by Shizune's demeanor to pursue that route. Also, student council is a thing I would be very averse to, aggressive recruitment strategy or no.

Misha, on the other hand... you know, if she wasn't already into Shizune.

To be honest, I didn't pay as much attention to Lilly or her route, so I have no idea. But at the very least, I'd like to think that I would have been good friends with her. Though I dunno, she might end up being more of the big sister I never had than a romantic interest.

I do not trust Kenji. At all. No manly picnic for me, thank you.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

If I went through it in Hisao's shoes? I would end up with Shizune's good ending, just because I'm a competitive person, and that's literaly required to get to her storyline, this, aswell as the fact that mistakes are very hard to make considering how obvious it is what would and wouldn't piss of Shizune.
I'm not sure if I could do exactly what Hisao does, but I think that if I liked Shizune enough, I would learn sign language, I don't doubt that.
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Spoilerstuff...
Huh, you're right. I misremembered this...
Probably because I only fast forwarded through Lilly's bad end to get the 100% completion^^°
Interestingly enough, doing her good route complete's Lilly's route 100%
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

But you have to get all endings, too, to get the last gallery picture.

Both Lilly and Emi's routes can be completed to 100% without getting the picture, by getting the good ends.

(For Emi's, you have to get the good end through both possible paths to do it (there's scenes unique to each, IIRC), but you can miss the bad ending (which uses a scene from one of the good end paths, but with different dialogue) and get 100%.)

Hanako, Shizune, and Rin's routes are the most straightforward in this respect. You actually have to hit all ends to get 100%. (Did I actually just say that Rin's route is straightforward? And it's only barely, because Shards of Ire requires actually triggering the bad end to get it.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Kyler Thatch wrote:To be honest, I didn't pay as much attention to Lilly or her route, so I have no idea.
Did you do her route? If not, play it. ASAP.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I did play her route to both endings, it just didn't hold my attention the way some of the other routes did.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Kyler Thatch wrote:I did play her route to both endings, it just didn't hold my attention the way some of the other routes did.
How!? Lilly's route is probably the most emotional out of all of them (if you don't include certain bad endings)!
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

That's subjective. The most emotional route for me was Rin's.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Kyler Thatch wrote:That's subjective. The most emotional route for me was Rin's.
I didnt do Rin's, I don't like her as a character. Although I'm currently trying to get onto her route atm.
Antonymous

Post by Antonymous »

Most likely I wouldn't really get to a route. I'd probably go off on Shizune harder than Hisao did, I definitely wouldn't be able to do Emi's stuff, I wouldn't join the art club because I'm horrible at it and Nomiya immediately came off as a typical beatnik douche, Hanako I just wouldn't know what to do with, even if I didn't have a "date" for the fair I'd still tell Kenji to fuck off, and I'd actually be able to navigate Lily's route pretty easily but I don't think she'd find me attractive. If I had to actually go through all of their routes, though:

Shizune: Fat chance, I'd give the doll to Misha and go for her.

Lily: Good end, not only wouldn't I lie to her, but I'd give her the inverse of the Casablanca speech as soon as I knew what she was planning to do.

Hanako: I have no idea how that would turn out.

Rin: None of that art show bullshit, I guess that's an automatic good end.

Emi: Good end.