Cheating and KS.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MegaMoto

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:...Emi wouldn't cheat on Hisao I mean not after everything they've been through.
That was in no time. Now imagine them dating for 3 years. If it's hard, compare yourself as you are now with who you were 3 years ago. And please, think a little more about it, a plain "No, my favorite gurl is super chaste, don't even think bad about her" answer isn't enough (Yes, I exagerrate).
I didn't say it was impossible I just personally believe it wouldn't happen and it doesn't in my head cannon but hey if you wan't to believe that the relationships in the game won't work out all the power to you.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

She totally can be confused by a charming bugger, who will think of her as of another dent on his bed's headboard.
I can't. Mostly because Hanako has a paranoid/misanthropic streak that makes her quick to distrust others intentions and assume the worst about them. (which would include suspecting them of thinking of her as nothing more than a dent on the headboard) It took Hisao a crazy amount of effort to make her open up to him and even at the end, she said she didn't think she could open up to anyone but him.
Since she will have much more confidence in the end (and absolutely no real life experience in relationships and sex), I find your statement as not really assuring. But you have a point, yes.
I remember reading about that theory since Brogurt first mentioned it in his fanfic. I've never really been able to buy it. The Hanako who kisses Hisao at the end of her route is anything but confident. She doesn't have much more confidence at the end of her route. It's just that she now has a tiny, teensy, flimsy speck of confidence while there was literally none before. It's progress, but hardly a personality change.

I always imagined the process of healing to take years for Hanako. Sure, she'd have her bouts of confidence when things went her way, but those can easily fall apart again the moment things go wrong for a bit. To build lasting confidence, she'd need to see that the upturn in her life is lasting as well. Hanako's lack of confidence is (in addition to her appearance) also directly tied to her experiences and interpersonal relationships with others. (due to her friends dropping her and kicking her while she was down) I don't believe in the claim that Hanako can build up confidence without at the same time building up experience in dealing with other people. The two are connected with her.
And she will be jealous a lot, since she finds every other girl more beautiful than her.
That's definitely true. If the question was: "Which girl would be quickest to suspect her partner of cheating?", that'd probably be Hanako. Not that she'd come out and say it. She's more likely to secretly check her partner's cell phone or email account.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

MegaMoto wrote:I didn't say it was impossible I just personally believe it wouldn't happen and it doesn't in my head cannon but hey if you wan't to believe that the relationships in the game won't work out all the power to you.
Your answer just sounded plain and flat like Emi's chest. I only wanted to see more of your thoughts, that's all.

And yes, I slipped a bit out of question, from "if she will" to "how she will", if you know what I mean. But I've seen super shy and introvert girls being manipulated easily by alphas, so my opinion isn't something I picked out of my nose.

Edit: and you all seem to be forgetting the mandatory "3 years have passed" part. People change. Just look at Hanako in Lilly's route, and imagine her after 3 years.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

One thing of note is that in Lilly's route, Hanako's deeper issues were never even addressed or worked out. So things could go either way with her. Another thing of note is the fact Hanako doesn't have a great deal of people in her life and will probably never have a large social circle. With no (parental) home or family, I don't see her running the risk of alienating the few meaningful contacts she has in her life on a whim.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hanako or Lilly would be the most reliable. Lilly's too proper for it and Hanako's too...Well, Hanako. The idea that a bit of confidence would magically turn her to infidelity has always been a dim theory and remains one today. Emi would be the most promiscuous but only if her past record counts. Most likely to cheat would be Rin because in her off-kilter little world, she wouldn't quite understand the problem.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Guest Poster wrote:One thing of note is that in Lilly's route, Hanako's deeper issues were never even addressed or worked out. So things could go either way with her.
That's good point, but, as Mutou states, ir you can't observe an object directly, observe the way it interacts with it's surroundings. And, what the hell, why not to think that Hanako just gathered all her willpower in her clenched fist and started getting her chocolate together? My headcanon for Hanako is a victory over herself that leads her forward. And yes, I know that it makes little sense in this thread, because we don't discuss Hanako, but rather if she will cheat on Hisao.
Anyway, I still see her getting "burned" once by having unwanted sex with some asshole, but overcoming even this.
My thoughts are sporadic a little.

P.S.: It's always good to look from both sides of a question anyway.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:I didn't say it was impossible I just personally believe it wouldn't happen and it doesn't in my head cannon but hey if you wan't to believe that the relationships in the game won't work out all the power to you.
Your answer just sounded plain and flat like Emi's chest. I only wanted to see more of your thoughts, that's all.

And yes, I slipped a bit out of question, from "if she will" to "how she will", if you know what I mean. But I've seen super shy and introvert girls being manipulated easily by alphas, so my opinion isn't something I picked out of my nose.

Edit: and you all seem to be forgetting the mandatory "3 years have passed" part. People change. Just look at Hanako in Lilly's route, and imagine her after 3 years.
I'm really not great at explaining things good. The best I can say is it's just not in her personality. Hisao however is a player. 8)
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

wazuzu wrote:Anyway, I still see her getting "burned" once by having unwanted sex with some asshole, but overcoming even this.
Lol it suddenly struck me that I quite accurately described HisaoxHanako sex scene from her route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

wazuzu wrote:
wazuzu wrote:Anyway, I still see her getting "burned" once by having unwanted sex with some asshole, but overcoming even this.
Lol it suddenly struck me that I quite accurately described HisaoxHanako sex scene from her route.
No, you really didn't. Hisao wasn't "some asshole", the sex wasn't unwanted and she wasn't "burned".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Xanatos wrote:No, you really didn't. Hisao wasn't "some asshole", the sex wasn't unwanted and she wasn't "burned".
Man, y so srs. It was a joke, Hisao was an asshole (though not "some", yes), the sex was totally unwanted (Hanako just opened to Hisao, showed him her "inner self", and mr. Iron Dick just took advantage of situation). Even "being burned" part is quite accurate, since she was stressed afterwards.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:
Xanatos wrote:No, you really didn't. Hisao wasn't "some asshole", the sex wasn't unwanted and she wasn't "burned".
Man, y so srs. It was a joke, Hisao was an asshole (though not "some", yes), the sex was totally unwanted (Hanako just opened to Hisao, showed him her "inner self", and mr. Iron Dick just took advantage of situation). Even "being burned" part is quite accurate, since she was stressed afterwards.
Got to agree with Xan here except for that last part, she was burned.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Well, GG, but at least I tried.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

wazuzu wrote:

You can't just say "He was an asshole" and magically make it true without citing reasons. That's not how it works.

Yes, she opened up to him, by opening her legs. She did not protest or push him away or do anything else that suggested it was unwanted. In fact, she orchestrated it because she wanted it. She says so in her dialogue. This idea that it was all just Hisao getting a little rapey is really getting old.

Oh, was she stressed? Boo-hoo. Her stress led to awkwardness and distance between her and Hisao which led to their meeting in the park which led to her confession which led to their happy ending. How, exactly, is this a burn? Gotta look at the bigger picture, man. :P
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Xanatos wrote:Gotta look at the bigger picture, man. :P
I always do. That's why I made this thread and tried to hold on to an unpopular and unlikely opinion I don't even support myself. But I just looked at the bigger picture and decided to fantasize a bit.
And especially about your post, the first line is for you. That one, about the joke.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

wazuzu wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Gotta look at the bigger picture, man. :P
I always do.
Evidently not always, or I wouldn't have had to point it out. :P And jokes have a punchline.

Aside from Rin, the only one I could ever see cheating is Misha and only because she's shown few qualms about initiating affairs already...

Lilly's too prim and proper. Even if it's a facade, it's one she couldn't maintain if word of infidelity ever got out.

Hanako's simply not an idiot.

Emi's suffered enough worrying over loss to become a hypocrite like that.

Shizune...Eh, she might but she seems to stick to her commitments pretty well.

Really, none of them seem to be the cheating type. If nothing else, they'd all at least have the decency to break it off before going after someone else. Only see Rin cheating because her perspective on the whole business is likely skewed. Probably no big deal to her.