Cheating and KS.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Loonie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am

MegaMoto wrote:I think it has something to do with the fact that she seemed perfectly fine fucking off to Scotland before. This is getting back to my personal feelings of Lilly herself (I don't hate her) so I feel I should stop here.
Ara ara. :lol: (so sorry...I just couldn't resist).

User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by MegaMoto » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Loonie wrote: Emi: Well, let's see how the slut fares, shall we? :roll:
Careful man some people around here get super defensive about their Waifu's around here. I assume you're joking so I;m not gonna get mad.

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Loonie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 am

MegaMoto wrote:
Loonie wrote: Emi: Well, let's see how the slut fares, shall we? :roll:
Careful man some people around here get super defensive about their Waifu's around here. I assume you're joking so I;m not gonna get mad.
If you'd read the rest of it, you'd realize I was. Hence the :roll:

User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by MegaMoto » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:10 am

Loonie wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:
Loonie wrote: Emi: Well, let's see how the slut fares, shall we? :roll:
Careful man some people around here get super defensive about their Waifu's around here. I assume you're joking so I;m not gonna get mad.
If you'd read the rest of it, you'd realize I was. Hence the :roll:
Oh it was so long and reading is so hard. :(
Sometimes man I just see these things and react because if I don't someone might get my Pizza. You have to be careful.

User avatar
Hans PK
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 am
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Hans PK » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am

MegaMoto wrote: Sometimes man I just see these things and react because if I don't someone might get my Pizza. You have to be careful.
That's why you poison it. Nobody's stupid enough to eat pizza that they've seen you poison, so you get it all to yourself.
What is there left to say?

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by dewelar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 am

MegaMoto wrote:
dewelar wrote:WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

Final calculus: Hanako >>> Rin > Lilly >> Shizune > Emi
Gonna have to disagree with the Emi and Hisao are just friends thing. The ending scene of her route (the good end) really solidified their love for each other to me. You make some good points but I just can't see them being just friends not after what they went through together.
"Just" friends? Ahaha...no. I agree, that would be a little insulting...IF that's what I had said :) .

No matter what happens, Hisao and Emi have formed one of the deepest bonds in the game. In fact, I might even venture to say that they have the best chance of all of always being part of each other's lives in some way, because they have a trust in each other that I don't see elsewhere. It's just one that I don't feel must end up as romantic love. If it does, though, it's one that wouldn't just last three years, that's for damn sure.
MegaMoto wrote:You know who I could see just being friends Lilly. I can't say why it's just a feeling I have and as mentioned before even if I did have a good idea why I have this feeling I wouldn't be able to explain it well.
*nods* I can see that, too. With Lilly, there are multiple paths to be taken. They may remain together for their whole lives, too, and might even be likely to do so. But as I implied in my previous post, I believe their relationship is the one most prone to succumbing to being challenged, whether that challenge is distance, time, or adversity. When they did part, I believe they'd do so amicably, though.

The difference is really the three year time frame. Emi and Hisao are much more likely to know the exact nature of what their relationship will be very quickly, and settle into it very naturally. In fact, I could even see them becoming friends, and then coming back to a romantic relationship later in their lives, but that wasn't the question :) . Lilly and Hisao, on the other hand...I could very easily see them spending a lot longer hoping to revive something that drifted out of reach, and stay together longer than they should. Once they're done, though, they'd be well and truly done.

Hope that all makes sense to you.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by MegaMoto » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 pm

dewelar wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:
dewelar wrote:WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

Final calculus: Hanako >>> Rin > Lilly >> Shizune > Emi
Gonna have to disagree with the Emi and Hisao are just friends thing. The ending scene of her route (the good end) really solidified their love for each other to me. You make some good points but I just can't see them being just friends not after what they went through together.
"Just" friends? Ahaha...no. I agree, that would be a little insulting...IF that's what I had said :) .

No matter what happens, Hisao and Emi have formed one of the deepest bonds in the game. In fact, I might even venture to say that they have the best chance of all of always being part of each other's lives in some way, because they have a trust in each other that I don't see elsewhere. It's just one that I don't feel must end up as romantic love. If it does, though, it's one that wouldn't just last three years, that's for damn sure.
MegaMoto wrote:You know who I could see just being friends Lilly. I can't say why it's just a feeling I have and as mentioned before even if I did have a good idea why I have this feeling I wouldn't be able to explain it well.
*nods* I can see that, too. With Lilly, there are multiple paths to be taken. They may remain together for their whole lives, too, and might even be likely to do so. But as I implied in my previous post, I believe their relationship is the one most prone to succumbing to being challenged, whether that challenge is distance, time, or adversity. When they did part, I believe they'd do so amicably, though.

The difference is really the three year time frame. Emi and Hisao are much more likely to know the exact nature of what their relationship will be very quickly, and settle into it very naturally. In fact, I could even see them becoming friends, and then coming back to a romantic relationship later in their lives, but that wasn't the question :) . Lilly and Hisao, on the other hand...I could very easily see them spending a lot longer hoping to revive something that drifted out of reach, and stay together longer than they should. Once they're done, though, they'd be well and truly done.

Hope that all makes sense to you.
Yea I get it. I jump the gun sometime. Especially if they are posts as long as yours.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2848
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Oddball » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Quite possibly well above most of the girls and not just because he's a filthy man and all men think with their dicks all the time, but because his life expectancy is at 30 years of age, give or take a few depending on which arc we're talking about (Emi's for the longest lifespan, Lilly's for the shortest in my opinion).
That's actually something Hisao made up himself, most likely due to him being bitter and depressed. The doctor told him he would probably live much longer than most people with heart conditions.

I'm also going to have to disagree with Emi cheating. Emi isn't one to go behind people's backs. She doesn't tell people certain things, but she's not one to openly deceive then. If she found somebody else, she'd dump Hisao and let him know why.

Also lots of people say Rin might cheat because she doesn't understand what it means. To a degree I can see where people are coming from there, but at the same time she's very emotionally evolved with everything she does. She might not be able to put it in words or explain why, but cheating on somebody would more likely than not feel very wrong to her.

I think the most likely to cheat would be Shizune, but even then, that paints the character in a more negative light than even I tend to enjoy doing. There was very VERY little romance and actual affection shown in her route to the point where at the end it's arguable if they stayed together at all. Let's say they're together but there's really not much their emotionally. Now Shizune has a bad habit of putting everything into separate little boxes. (She says she's going to change, but nothing in the game really shows it.) Now if she found somebody that got more of a physical or emotional reaction out of her, she may go with that person but at the same time try to maintain a relationship with Hisao, justifying it as two completely separate things and wanting to maintain what she already has (comfortable stability) and still have the deeper emotional relationship and/or hotter sex.

Again though, that's being harsher on her than I like.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Broca's Area

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Liminaut » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

The three years from 18 to 21 are huge in terms of personal development and defining who we are. So, my answers are going to involve a lot of extrapolation.

Shizune - The line forms on the right, dear. Once she learns to stop alienating people (which she is doing, in both the good and the bad endings) she's going to be dangerous.

Emi - I think the healthiest relationship at the end was Emi/Hisao, despite it's admittedly tentative nature. They might break up, but I don't see a lot of cheating here. They might still be together at 75.

Rin - Goldfish. This one I can't see lasting. Either Rin suddenly deciding it's a good idea to sleep around, or Hisao getting tired of a constant diet of word salad.

Hanako - What I really think is going to happen is that after a year or so Hanako will decide she doesn't actually like this sex thing, and the relationship will morph into a strong friendship.

Lilly - Lilly is an extremely complex character. On the one hand she's got a glacier in her heart -- look at how coldly she went to Scotland once she was summoned. You know, rather than "a galcier in her heart" I think it's better to say she is very good at burying any negative emotions. For instance -- she was basically abandoned by her parents when she was 12. Any normal person would be going nuts over this -- she has minimal emotions. On the other hand, she is very loyal; look at how long her friendship with Hanako lasts. However (speaking from personal experience here) once she starts to acknowledge her negative emotions she's going to become a volcano. There's a good chance she'll get angry at Hisao where the root cause will be something her mom said when Lilly was six. My call here is is that Hisao walks out on Lily.

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Loonie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Oddball wrote:That's actually something Hisao made up himself, most likely due to him being bitter and depressed. The doctor told him he would probably live much longer than most people with heart conditions.

I'm also going to have to disagree with Emi cheating. Emi isn't one to go behind people's backs. She doesn't tell people certain things, but she's not one to openly deceive then. If she found somebody else, she'd dump Hisao and let him know why.

Also lots of people say Rin might cheat because she doesn't understand what it means. To a degree I can see where people are coming from there, but at the same time she's very emotionally evolved with everything she does. She might not be able to put it in words or explain why, but cheating on somebody would more likely than not feel very wrong to her.

I think the most likely to cheat would be Shizune, but even then, that paints the character in a more negative light than even I tend to enjoy doing. There was very VERY little romance and actual affection shown in her route to the point where at the end it's arguable if they stayed together at all. Let's say they're together but there's really not much their emotionally. Now Shizune has a bad habit of putting everything into separate little boxes. (She says she's going to change, but nothing in the game really shows it.) Now if she found somebody that got more of a physical or emotional reaction out of her, she may go with that person but at the same time try to maintain a relationship with Hisao, justifying it as two completely separate things and wanting to maintain what she already has (comfortable stability) and still have the deeper emotional relationship and/or hotter sex.

Again though, that's being harsher on her than I like.
Hmm...yeah, technically you're right I suppose. Still, it is his frame of mind: 'I won't have as much time on this world as normal people.' so...it would still affect his fears.

With Emi...that's why I said 'slight' chance from her side. And I don't think she would consciously cheat on him, in no way did I mean it like that. It's more like - you meet a guy at a party, you really click together, he might not know you have a BF already so he makes an advance on you,...and people who are moreso extroverted tend to find it harder to resist that impulse. And if it did happen, right after it happened, she would almost undoubtebly tell Hisao about it and apologize (good ending Emi that is). But maybe this is entirely me talking. Like I said, 'slight chance'. I'm not saying she wouldn't resist the temptation, just that the temptation would be there for her IMO.

With Rin, man...you have no idea how tempting it is for me to just nod and agree with you wholeheartedly (me being a Rin fan first and foremost). But I just never really dare to predict her that much out of respect (odd as that sounds). Is she very emotionally involved in things - of course she is. But she doesn't always understand things, especially when it comes to people and unless Hisao and her got into a conversation where he managed to explain it to her in a way she'd understand...I just see her as potentially doing it and only later, when she notices something wrong with Hisao, realizing that she made a mistake and not understanding why it was one. It's very complicated. On the one hand I want to believe that she'd be faithful and so on (who doesn't want to believe that when it comes to their favorite girl?) but on the other hand I respect her as a character too much to just predict a rosy future for her that, when I think about her wholly without emotion, doesn't seem that impossible to me.

And Shizune, yeah - I can see that point you make too. Compartmentalizing, it's called, and while she may be prone to that, like I said, I take the good ending as a sign of things to come for her. Of course it is also possible that, all promise aside, she might forget that part, resume compartmentalizing her feelings and relationships with other people yet again annnnd...yap. Your scenario might happen. Still, I guess it's odd but I really do trust Shizune. She might be terrible when it comes to people, but she is hard enough on herself that she realizes there to be a problem in the first place. As long as she does that, I don't think it'd happen - she's a very stern but fair person and cheating on someone would certainly not fall under that. Of course she is also very mischevous and playful so... *shrug* who knows. I just don't think that'd outweigh her stern and fair traits.

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by dewelar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 pm

MegaMoto wrote:
dewelar wrote: Hope that all makes sense to you.
Yea I get it. I jump the gun sometime. Especially if they are posts as long as yours.
*laughs* Yeah, I do tend to ramble and post stuff that many people probably file away as TL;DR. This game inspires one in that regard, though - it really makes you think. Glad it made more sense the second time through :) .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by wazuzu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Loonie wrote:Lilly: Honestly, her personality doesn't change that much with her good ending. She still likes to get hooked on pleasurable activity (like tea or having a romp when the mood strikes her), still tends to dodge or avoid thinking too hard on her own decisions (or lack thereof), that contributed to Hisao winding up with heart attacks, and this makes her a bit moreso susceptible to cheating than most would dare admit. Because she rarely thinks on how she herself could change things about herself and rather thinks on how she could merely cope and tolerate the way things are - something that never works out in the long run when it comes to personal decisions. Coupled with Hisao having the shortest lifespan as well and...yeah, I forsee trouble here.
That part about Lilly. You have your reasoning here, but she does not have tendency to dodge or avoid thinking for her decisions (in the game it was really uncomfortable for her, compare her wth Emi who avoided talking about her sore leg until she got an infection). As I already said, I totally find her playful, but knowing her limits. Unless she resorts to alcohol too much, which can spoil even the chastiest nun. Alcohol can be restricted to home usage only, but will Hisao have the guts to forbid Lilly doing something she likes?
Loonie wrote:Emi: Well, let's see how the slut fares, shall we? :roll:
The rest of your Emi opinion mostly matches mine, but this is the part I find disturbing even knowing that this is joke. Emi is in no way a slut. She just has her view on sexual intercourses. She is less sluttier than, for example, Misha, just because she slept with a guy she was dating, but Misha (being totally confused and stuff, sorry, Misha, I love you, but it's true) threw herself on Hisao, expecting him to do something stupid, something rude or refusing her. That's not being slut too, but it's much more naughty than Emi having constant thoughts about sex with her boyfriend.
Liminaut wrote:The three years from 18 to 21 are huge in terms of personal development and defining who we are. So, my answers are going to involve a lot of extrapolation.
That was the very important part of my message, thanks for wording that out. And as you can see in this thread, extrapolating is the only thing we can resort to to avoid driving this discussion to a dead end. And another thanks for your opinion, which surprisingly happened to be your first post here. Welcome.


Edit: Oh, I completely forgot. According to Ask! thread, Emi not cheating on Hisao is considered canon.

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Loonie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Alright, I'm editing the Emi line to plain old boring because this is just ridiculous. What I posted in the hopes of coming across as mocking the 'Emi is a slut' people (which should be readily apparent if one just reads onwards as to what I really think of Emi but...apparently somehow that doesn't do it either) has turned into people believing that's what I actually think of her.

It is not. I think she might be tempted, but I doubt she'd actually do it. End of.

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by wazuzu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Loonie wrote:Alright, I'm editing the Emi line to plain old boring because this is just ridiculous. What I posted in the hopes of coming across as mocking the 'Emi is a slut' people (which should be readily apparent if one just reads onwards as to what I really think of Emi but...apparently somehow that doesn't do it either) has turned into people believing that's what I actually think of her.

It is not. I think she might be tempted, but I doubt she'd actually do it. End of.
Don't get mad. I wrote it not for you, but for those, who find her promiscuous. But yet again, I worded it so bad, lol.

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Cheating and KS.

Post by Loonie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

wazuzu wrote:Don't get mad. I wrote it not for you, but for those, who find her promiscuous. But yet again, I worded it so bad, lol.
I'm not mad. Just frustrated with communication on the internet, but that's aight - it happens. And you've clarified yourself too so...it's all good. *nod*

Post Reply