How is KS similar to your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mahorfeus

Re: How is KS similar to your life?

Post by Mahorfeus »

I met my waifu girlfriend in high school. No dramatic dysfunction worth writing a story about, though.

Oh, and I avoided the Student Council like the plague.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Xanatos wrote:
1) Weird spacing at the start. What up with that? :lol:
A really poor attempt at a list. I guess I should have looked at the editing commands ... like "List".
Xanatos wrote: 3) Shizune limited her own tools by being stubborn and standoffish manner. And the good end is as realistic an end as you can get: She knows she should change, she decides to try, the future is left uncertain. End. How much realer do you get than that? :lol:
In my experience, personal change of that magnitude comes at a very high cost. Shizune has to realize that her own choices have caused a great deal of pain for many people around her. To make that change, to genuinely turn away from selfishness to a greater awareness, comes with very painful realizations. To avoid that pain is to avoid accepting responsibility for one's own actions, and without that acceptance of responsibility genuine change is impossible.

Has the experience of your life been different? If so, I'd genuinely love to know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Liminaut wrote:In my experience, personal change of that magnitude comes at a very high cost. Shizune has to realize that her own choices have caused a great deal of pain for many people around her. To make that change, to genuinely turn away from selfishness to a greater awareness, comes with very painful realizations. To avoid that pain is to avoid accepting responsibility for one's own actions, and without that acceptance of responsibility genuine change is impossible.

Has the experience of your life been different? If so, I'd genuinely love to know.
The experience of my life is an incredibly painful and depressing and potentially hopeless affair. It is not responsibility but ambition that will change it.

"I've hurt people" is hardly a painful realization though. And really, who has she hurt? Misha...Maybe Lilly and Hisao. Not so many. And what's this about selfishness? All she does is done to better those around her. The methods may suck but it's hardly selfish.

Ultimately, I'm confused as to the point of your post. I was talking about the realism in the ending. You're going on about accepting responsibility as if she somehow failed to do that despite...You know, doing that in the ending.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

IMO, the reason why most people change their destructive ways is because they want to. What others can do is to create the reasons for the fellows to want to change. If the fellows don't want to change, you can move mountains and we're still at the same position.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Alyrolm

Post by Alyrolm »

I'm in the same age group as the characters in KS, although I don't think I have a disability, I feel like Hisao when he was in the hospital, but for me it hasn't been months, it's been years, almost my entire life (if you could even call it a life) I have sat in my room with nothing to do, and now I'm finally starting to catch up on school (because of this game) and I will hopefully get my last 2 years of school, in public school, around actual people, but I'm not sure what exactly to expect of it. So in that way, I am like Hisao. And there are some other ways I am like other characters.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I find myself being pushed off of roofs by feminists with disturbing regularity.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Well, this is quite interesting. I, too, am a person with Asperger's, but I don't have Nerve Disorder, though, I do seemingly have a minor case of Dyslexia (I can read words, but sometimes a letter appears like another letter. I also have problems with people saying the letters of a certain word to quickly, as I can only pick up/catch the first letter or the first two. I also sometimes end up adding a random letter to a word when writing by hand (in some cases, more than once in the same word) (though, rarely happens when I type on a computer), and even have done "whole-word guesses"). I was surprised to read that you're also paranoid when people are around your belongings. However, unlike you, I always was taught to not care what other people thought of me (In terms of both beliefs and looks). As a result, I kinda took up a care-free nature... Though, I do feel like I do have some form of mental problem (beyond Asperger's), and could snap at any moment... which scares me a great deal, and it isn't helped when my father has PTSD.

Well, anyways, back to the topic.
Probably the first bit, and that's about it. Life changing event happens, get a disease/disorder (Yay, Diabetes) (For those that might be wondering, type 1), move to a new place shortly after. That's where the similarities ends.
Yeah, I moved to a place where there's actually some attractive women/girls, but i'm not all that interested in looks of a woman all that much. And, unlike Hisao, I'm not at all happy with where I live now.

Actually, there was one final similarity, there was a girl in my "past-life" that I was attracted to. But it didn't end like it did with Hisao and Iwanako.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

i had problems with having alot of friends so i kept only a few people close to me. and i have a friend with social issues, bullying in her past, and she doesnt like to be in public, just like hanako. hell, she just might be hanako...
no hidden message in here
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

My alarm clock plays the transition music.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Numb

Post by Numb »

Well, first off I have a disability (Congenital Insensitivity to Pain), and second, I have had an experience similar to Rin. My creative writing shocked my teacher when he saw it, and he tried to force me into writing teams, short story competitions and a bunch of other crap I was never interested in doing. He even tried to use my condition as a highlighter, saying "Look how he describes pain, even having never felt it!", so he was similar to Nomiya in a sense. We have sorted everything out now though, and he has become my favourite teacher in the school, so I didn't get the full Rin experience.
Other than that though, nothing :P
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Litt

Post by Litt »

Well... I'm rather introvert person and I constantly think about my decisions, choices or what is my life goal. Probably it makes me somewhat similiar to Hisao. But nothing more. No disabilities, no special school, no great love. In details even more differences, too much that I'm too lazy to explain all.
Probably that is a reason, why KS gave me so much feels.
Sedinus wrote:Imagine your typical harem comedy, where the main protagonist is oblivious to girls hitting on him. By the time I realised that, it was too late.
I know that feel, bro ;_;
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Me and my neighbor get drunk on the roof and rant about conspracies.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
bcmandude

Post by bcmandude »

I'm just as desperate to get people to join my high school debate club as Shizune was to get people to join student council. I believe that's called club stub.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClubStub
100% completion!
Finished Routes (in order of completion): Rin, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

bcmandude wrote:I'm just as desperate to get people to join my high school debate club as Shizune was to get people to join student council. I believe that's called club stub.

I believe that's called "a boring club". :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
bcmandude wrote:I'm just as desperate to get people to join my high school debate club as Shizune was to get people to join student council. I believe that's called club stub.

I believe that's called "a boring club". :P
Organized debating is boring sorry. It's just not as fun as telling some one they are fucking wrong, flipping them the bird and storming out of the room assuring your victory.
Edit: Then again I do that in organized debates to so...