What next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

zeldadungeon

What next?

Post by zeldadungeon »

I've done all of the game's routes (except Rin's. I'm putting that off for a reason), and I want to replay the game. But the fact that I know what will happen, and I have a slight tendency to be impatient, it won't......be the same, you could say. What would be the best way to (possibly, or, if anything, somewhat) resolve this problem?

I'd very well appreciate it if someone could find a possible solution.
metalangel

Re: What next?

Post by metalangel »

It has long been a problem that you never get that thrill and chemical reaction from a favourite book/movie/song/game like you did the first time, and there is no solution.

Short of leaving it for a very long time (we're talking years, and even then you might have memories triggered) I don't think there's anything to do about it.
zeldadungeon

Post by zeldadungeon »

Oh well, maybe there's another visual novel that's in English for once.

.....And possibly free...
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

There are many wonderful books to lose yourself in, don't restrict yourself to VNs. If the book is old enough, you might even find it available to read online.
Markus Ramikin

Post by Markus Ramikin »

metalangel wrote:It has long been a problem that you never get that thrill and chemical reaction from a favourite book/movie/song/game like you did the first time, and there is no solution.

Short of leaving it for a very long time (we're talking years, and even then you might have memories triggered) I don't think there's anything to do about it.
You might still be surprised how much you'll get out of reading, say, a book you know well, if you take the Zen approach and deliberately choose to not be impatient and to pay full attention. Chances are you'll feel rewarded for the effort, and notice things you hadn't before, things you would have missed if you just rushed it thinking "ok I know this already".

Of course effort is not something people usually associate with being entertained - it's not quite the same as when you are captured by a interesting book for the first time - so maybe this advice isn't for everybody.
Lilly=Emi=Hanako>Rin >>... ...

My stories are: here.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

When I'm reading something for a first time, I might be so willing to advance the plot, that I actually skip something of importance. Re-reading KS for me was a must. And even after 2 times I read KS I still had a great time re-reading KS again.
This may sound a bit weird, but on my first time I actually taste only the top of the whole story, grasping basic plot points only to pay more attention on my second time, which I enjoy the most, without any confusions that I may face for my first time. And there's the third time when I repeat my second time, but with paying close attention to all the gags and stuff like that.
It may be a bit difficult to comprehend, imagine it's like eating cake layer by layer, first comes topping, then it's time for delicious filling, and you eat the biscuit last. Yes, that's a good analogy.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Fan Fiction. That is all. Oh and play Rin's route it's great.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Do Rin's route. That's the only solution if you want something fresh from KS. :3
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Wait a while and replay it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:Wait a while and replay it.
Exactly what I was going to recommend. I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched some of my favorite movies, and yet I manage to like them more each and every time.

Also, how was your 1 year replay? Did you 100% again? If not then get out of here until you do.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Exactly what I was going to recommend. I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched some of my favorite movies, and yet I manage to like them more each and every time.

Also, how was your 1 year replay? Did you 100% again? If not then get out of here until you do.
I put off the replay in favor of finally working on this fanfic. :lol: It should've been done months ago.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Xanatos wrote:I put off the replay in favor of finally working on this fanfic. :lol: It should've been done months ago.
That is the traditional way to work on fanfic, isn't it? Months after it should have been done? Man, I hope so. :wink:
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

mysterycycle wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I put off the replay in favor of finally working on this fanfic. :lol: It should've been done months ago.
That is the traditional way to work on fanfic, isn't it? Months after it should have been done? Man, I hope so. :wink:
Sounds about right. Started mine back in October and only have 2 chapters out so far. I have like half the 3rd on a notebook but it's been collecting dust for a while...

Edit: That's it. Back to work. I've had ideas for months, I just need to figure out how to fit them together...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

mysterycycle wrote:
It better be. :lol: 'Cause it's how I do it. Hell, even my Minecraft fanfics took months.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

MegaMoto wrote:Fan Fiction.
This.
And this. I'll use those advices myself in order to avoid getting bored of KS :mrgreen:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.