Conventions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lepi

Conventions

Post by Lepi »

I was wondering if there've been any cosplay or convention meet ups for Katawa Shoujo. I frequent Youmacon in Michigan every year, and was wondering if there are any other fans out there, maybe even close by!
You're gonna carry those feels.
Brisingr

Re: Conventions

Post by Brisingr »

I saw a group dressed up as Hanako, Emi, and Rin at Jafax, also in Michigan, a few weeks ago held out of Grand Valley State University.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Theres actually a Cosplay thread over in the Fan Art topic if you haven't found it already. Con appearances usually get posted there.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Theres actually a Cosplay thread over in the Fan Art topic if you haven't found it already. Con appearances usually get posted there.
^^^^
This
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Mint

Post by Mint »

pandaphil wrote:Theres actually a Cosplay thread over in the Fan Art topic if you haven't found it already. Con appearances usually get posted there.
I think the original intention of the thread was to ask whether there are any specialized conventions for KS fandom, as opposed to photos of people cosplaying KS characters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Mint wrote:
I think the original intention of the thread was to ask whether there are any specialized conventions for KS fandom, as opposed to photos of people cosplaying KS characters.
Ah, well that makes sense. Ah if only there were.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Mint wrote:
Ah, well that makes sense. Ah if only there were.
There should be. Call it KatawaCon.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

That's more or less what Anime Expo was for me last year; my entire reason for going was to meet weee and Suriko. Saw a few KS cosplayers there, which was a happy thing.
Mint wrote:
Oh, like this?
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

mysterycycle wrote:That's more or less what Anime Expo was for me last year; my entire reason for going was to meet weee and Suriko. Saw a few KS cosplayers there, which was a happy thing.
Mint wrote:
Oh, like this?
Seriously, why isn't that a legit thing?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Lepi

Post by Lepi »

Mint wrote:I think the original intention of the thread was to ask whether there are any specialized conventions for KS fandom, as opposed to photos of people cosplaying KS characters.
Yeah that's what I was getting at :3
Lepi

Post by Lepi »

Xanatos wrote:
mysterycycle wrote:That's more or less what Anime Expo was for me last year; my entire reason for going was to meet weee and Suriko. Saw a few KS cosplayers there, which was a happy thing.
Mint wrote:
Oh, like this?
Seriously, why isn't that a legit thing?
someday...!!
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

You forgot to turn your text green. :D
Lepi

Post by Lepi »

Brisingr wrote:You forgot to turn your text green. :D
Green is the best color! but do you guys think theyre will ever be a katawa con?
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Lepi wrote:
Brisingr wrote:You forgot to turn your text green. :D
Green is the best color! but do you guys think theyre will ever be a katawa con?
Realistically? Probably not an entire convention based solely on KS, no. That said there have been plenty of KS panels and Q&A booths and even events attended by the devs, which is a lot better than nothing. I agree that it's not as good as an entire convention, but truthfully I can't recall any major anime conventions based solely on a single show/movie/VN. Then again the only one I regularly attend is one of the biggest anime conventions on the east coast so I could be wrong.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

Well, I know fans of my favorite band put on a "con" right before one of their concerts. It was just a gathering of fans, nothing super special going on, but it was adorable. Later, the band members heard about it and walked out there to see what was going on and meet everyone. I wouldn't expect the KS creators to show up, but something like a gathering of people would be sweet, whether it's at another convention (like at AX 2012) or in the back of some building like the con for the band I spoke of was.
The only thing about AX 2012 now that I think about it was that only folks that had badges for AX were able to attend because of its location. Whoops! Sorry con ghosters if you missed out! Maybe we can do something next year.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image