Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
simmr001
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by simmr001 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Sea wrote:
simmr001 wrote:
Image

Seriously?
I think I'd be more appalled if my kanji didn't suck
I'd probably be more so if I hadn't learned long ago never to click on suspicious links on this fourm. Thanks a lot Xan :?[/quote]
Hey I got it twice via my life partner joining the site

User avatar
Auratus
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 am
Location: Krung Thep, Thailand

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Auratus » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Xanatos wrote:...No. And that is an ASTOUNDINGLY stupid criteria to have for the VNs you play. Seriously. Stop it. It's hurting my brain.
It's kind of surprising that many things on Internet is seemingly aimed to destroy human brain, Riiiight? Xanatos.

About the topic, Well, I have no comment.
Image
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.

kendrix
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by kendrix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 pm

*sigh*

Disgusting.

This sick idea of "purity" is just one of these things that needs to die and needlessly hurts women all over the world. We are 3D objects that don't go away when you don't look at us, and actually act idendently from you.

But fine, it's just video games, and your fantasies are none of my business, but still, if you think like this, dear OP, you should probably find another game to play alltogether. This one, unfortunately to you, kinda aims for realistic writing, which strongly opposes the idea of a girlfriend of something passive you act at when you feel like it.
It's quite possible that you will be a bit dissapointed.
There are things like girls *gasp* initiating sex on their own, or *schock* dumping you.
Well, at least poor Kenji will have a fellow conspiracy fighter in you...


If it really interests you, Emi acts very confident about it and had at least one previous boyfriend, so no hymen (and better sex scenes, perhaps the only ones with something of a "pr0n-like" feeling, except for the last one, which happens to celebrate a new level of emotional intimacy having been reached)

Misha's ambigous. No dudes, but possibly girls; Then again, she's an adolescent, so maybe there was no such serious crush before Shizune.

Shizune is probably just tsundere/trying to impress, but it could go either way, no efvidence for, no real evidence against.

As for virgins, Rin jokes about having lost her "marital purity" (and doesn't seem like a traditional dude-magnet), Lilly is explicitly noted to be one, and the H-scene with Hanako is obviously a very realistically rendered first time, including pain because fucking hymen and the girl having a hard time relaxing properly, awkward condom break, HTF do we pose/move, and the obligatory did-we-go-too-fast jitters afterwards, which is what sex with a virgin, esp an insecure one, would realistically be like.
Mine wasn't much better - at least they got it sticked in at all, and hey, she climaxed.
If you got with a girl who'd never done it before, chances are you'd have to teach her the most basic things.

Sex is like one of these things you learn through practice - wich you can, of course, also get with a single monogamous partner, if you give yourself some time to get attuned to each other, but lemme tell you, first times are overrated. Trust me, you want a partner who knows WTF they are doing, and if your partner doesn't, you'll be happy once they learn.

How is "virginity as fetish" even supposed to work? Do you like, immediately dump the girl after you're done with them?

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Steinherz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 pm

kendrix wrote:*lots and lots of words*
Holy shit, is that a sore spot for you or something?
kendrix wrote:How is "virginity as fetish" even supposed to work? Do you like, immediately dump the girl after you're done with them?
I believe it works by giving a person a sort of emotional connection to a character. You know because many people believe that there's a special connection made in an act like that
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by wazuzu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey, it doesn't matter who does the uncorking, you should be more interested in contents of the bottle.
I agree, that it's speshul for the first rime, girl will probably remember you for the rest of her life if you didn't do it puke-on-her-badly. And it's fine even in the context of you watching yourself handling the situation. And by lots of other reasons.
Since I believe in no god but Universal Karma, it's fine and equilibric as long as you uncorked at least one bottle in your life, which makes Katawa Shoujo pass.

User avatar
Markus Ramikin
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:14 am
Location: Holy Terra

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Markus Ramikin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 am

kendrix wrote:But fine, it's just video games, and your fantasies are none of my business
Make up your mind. If this is true, then I'm kinda baffled as to the purpose of the rest of your post.
Lilly=Emi=Hanako>Rin >>... ...

My stories are: here.

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Steinherz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 am

Markus Ramikin wrote:
kendrix wrote:But fine, it's just video games, and your fantasies are none of my business
Make up your mind. If this is true, then I'm kinda baffled as to the purpose of the rest of your post.
Ranting and raving for ranting and raving's sake? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

Merloficus
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Merloficus » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:07 am

A bit off topic here
pandaphil wrote: Don't know about Shizune, as I still haven't played her story.
Ahw, realy Panda? :(
I highly encourage you to give her a chance. It's one of the few arcs where i felt that the herione went through such a big change herself.
Everyone sees Shizune as a mini-dictator or something of the sort :lol: Heck, i did so as well :oops:
But that sure changes. Though don't go in with a pre-set mindset. I was completely blank, and it felt like i made a friend for life. Maybe something more.
She still is, and probably always will be, my favorite :)

Back on topic
All you need to know is that none of them are sluts. They're all very respectable. And by picking on their sexual life you will be limiting your experiences a great deal in return.

However, Hanako, Rin and Shizune have probably seen the least sexual activity if any at all. I don't think Hisao ever stuck his head up their rear to check for sursies though...
Lilly probably belongs in here too, but... meh, i'm just not sure. Think we all discussed this a lot in another topic on here :lol:

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Dream » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Steinherz wrote:Holy shit, is that a sore spot for you or something?
Welp, this thread was being overall incredibly awesome (specially Aura's post) and then some of you had to be retarded man-children. Well, that was a smart post and we are connected to the chan and videogame community i guess, so entitled/stupid replies are to be expected.

Since you honestly don't seem to get the problem with it, it mostly has to do with how this virginity fetish both reveals the mindset and attitudes of the person who carries it as well as a possible translation of OP's potential attitudes towards women or reality to fiction. I know this is going to sound weird but it doesn't even have anything to do with sexuality/fetish at all. There's nothing wrong with a virginity (or any) fetish but it's clear from OP's writing and decision to dump a bunch of stories because they don't cater to his fetish that respectable/gallant he is not. There's also the matter of mysoginistic attitudes that whether of us like it or not still affect many people, but i have a hunch you wouldn't listen to any of that (at least not after the verbal barrage i threw earlier in the post). It seems that you felt offended by virtue of the bashing of the virginity fetish (which it seems to me you also have) which i have to admit is pretty understandable.

So yeah, on topic i knew this thread was going to have a somewhat terrible premise but i didn't expect the replies to be so awesome (Steinherz aside), i have to admit it did revive my faith in the forum. People might have gone a bit too far in bashing a OP that seems more childish than malicious but it is a pretty heinous mindset so it can't be helped.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Steinherz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Dream wrote:Welp, this thread was being overall incredibly awesome (specially Aura's post) and then some of you had to be retarded man-children. Well, that was a smart post and we are connected to the chan and videogame community i guess, so entitled/stupid replies are to be expected.

Since you honestly don't seem to get the problem with it, it mostly has to do with how this virginity fetish both reveals the mindset and attitudes of the person who carries it as well as a possible translation of OP's potential attitudes towards women or reality to fiction. I know this is going to sound weird but it doesn't even have anything to do with sexuality/fetish at all. There's nothing wrong with a virginity (or any) fetish but it's clear from OP's writing and decision to dump a bunch of stories because they don't cater to his fetish that respectable/gallant he is not. There's also the matter of mysoginistic attitudes that whether of us like it or not still affect many people, but i have a hunch you wouldn't listen to any of that (at least not after the verbal barrage i threw earlier in the post). It seems that you felt offended by virtue of the bashing of the virginity fetish (which it seems to me you also have) which i have to admit is pretty understandable.

So yeah, on topic i knew this thread was going to have a somewhat terrible premise but i didn't expect the replies to be so awesome (Steinherz aside), i have to admit it did revive my faith in the forum. People might have gone a bit too far in bashing a OP that seems more childish than malicious but it is a pretty heinous mindset so it can't be helped.
I have a? Okay.
One: I don't have a virginity fetish.
Two: I agree that the OP seems a little bit.... scummy?
Three: ????
Four: I'm offended that you seem to jump to a (extremely hilariously) incorrect conclusion.
Five: Why did you specifically target me for your "glorious psychiatric report"? If I wanted a psych report, I'd go to a doctor or someone who knows what they're talking about... or play Spec Ops: The Line.

If my comments seem rude, I'm sorry. I'm simply responding to comments that seem slightly rude towards me.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Dream » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Replying to a post with "Holy shit, is that a sore spot for you or something?" and dismissals like "Ranting and raving for ranting and raving's sake? :lol:" Sure as hell are rude and uncalled for comments as well, so according to your logic i am perfectly justified in treating you as scum. I don't see why you get so worked up at someone calling you on bullshit, since if you hadn't dimissed a post in such a rash manner no one would have targeted you for a psychiatrict report.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

User avatar
Hans PK
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 am
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Hans PK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Dream wrote:Replying to a post with "Holy shit, is that a sore spot for you or something?" and dismissals like "Ranting and raving for ranting and raving's sake? :lol:" Sure as hell are rude and uncalled for comments as well, so according to your logic i am perfectly justified in treating you as scum. I don't see why you get so worked up at someone calling you on bullshit, since if you hadn't dimissed a post in such a rash manner no one would have targeted you for a psychiatrict report.

In your mind, you misinterpreted his comment as being in support of/ a part of some sort of virgin fetish, so to you the logical response was your jumping on him like a man in the prison showers after a few years in solitary? Not only does it make you look like an ass, but now that you've been shown to be wildly off-target with your so-called "psychiatrict report" you go on the defensive and further insult him, as well as making outlandish assumptions about his logic that could not easily or realistically be inferred by what he has written and implying that he's the one who's getting worked up, all the while stating far worse things than he has. Not okay. Please try to avoid that in the future, and I would advise you to be not so dismissive of the power of reasoning as could be implied by your sig, as you seem to be needing more of it. I do not agree with the OP, nor do I pretend to, but tearing people apart purely for the sake of tearing people apart is just a part of what makes the world go to shit.
What is there left to say?

User avatar
Hans PK
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 am
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Hans PK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Unless, of course, you want to see the world burn, but I try not to think about that possibility too much; it engages uber-cynic mode.
What is there left to say?

User avatar
Dream
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Dream » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Actually, the proposition that he doesn't have the fetish makes his original attack even more heinous IMO. Fetish or not he still attacked another member seemingly out of nowhere, but i assumed he felt hurt/offended/etc and thus reacted in a way that wasn't necessarily representative of his common mindset. I don't care to defend myself but i can see why the second reply can be seen that. I also have to wonder why is the man-children (or whatever) snark called a psych report. I called him such because to my eyes he was certainly acting like one, although i can't say it's a rarity on the internet. Again, it does not make any fundamental difference whether or not the fetish applies to him and assumptions about his logic have no bearing on whether or not he posted uncalled for attacks. I'm not assuming or implying anything and i don't feel the need to be polite to someone who writes things like the ones i highlighted in the previous posts.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos

User avatar
Hans PK
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 am
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Katawa Shoujo Virgin heroine?

Post by Hans PK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm

So, you do not or cannot understand the concept of being surprised or offended by a massive, spiteful rant, even if it does lean closer to your own opinion than the one it attacks, which is what I see in his previous posts? Would it be accurate to guess that you are one of the people who sees all Muslims as Jihad-is, all Christians as members of the WBC, as they all believe in the same god even if loads of Muslims despise the Taliban, and as many Christians thoroughly disagree with their FOX news brethren? Or am I simply misapplying your own flawed logic?

P.S- It was not so much an attack as a reaction.

P.P.S.- The snark with the "psychiatrict report" came from the disbelief that you could really see it as such; it was not a report by any means, but simply another excuse to attack him. To me, it had no purpose to open his eyes, as they never were shut.

P.P.P.S- And, uh, calling people "man children" for seemingly no reason really serves to show them that you are not worth talking to, more than anything else, really. There is a difference between name-calling and arguing.
Last edited by Hans PK on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What is there left to say?

Post Reply