This game is great!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Stratos

This game is great!

Post by Stratos »

Hello!

The game is really great, after I played looong ago May Club and some time ago Kana Little sister I wanted to play something like this, and Katawa Shoujo is just amazing. Just completed my first GO with Emi, good ending I think, at least they both reamins together. Now restarting to try to see Hanako ending. BTW is there any way I can see tne ending of Emi again somehow?

Thanks
Vigilante

Re: This game is great!

Post by Vigilante »

Glad you liked it. I'd recommend you did all routes.
From the title screen you can go to Extras; Library and from there pick up the story from where you want.
If you only want the credits, you can find that of youtube.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Welcome, although I'm kinda new here, too! ^^
Stratos wrote: Now restarting to try to see Hanako ending.
Oh it just gets better!
Stratos wrote: BTW is there any way I can see the ending of Emi again somehow?
Without saves I guess you can use the skip mode to fast forward to the end. :wink:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Stratos

Post by Stratos »

I will try to get 100% of the game. About endings, I really liked the Emi path a lot, got me a bit scared I will fail at the end but all went smooth, maybe is cause I liked Emi character?

BTW Which is the best way to skip text? Want to stop only at decisions, after all I need to restart Emi path again.

Shame there are no novels or light books with this kind of stories, will love to read them.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

But if you use skip mode the game will automatically stop at decisions for you to choose! Or at least that's how it is for me.
I believe that the books with this kind of stories won't have the same impact as KS, those drawings are just brilliant, and the music easily gets to your heart!
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Hey new blood. Welcome to the forums. Another person that got caught by Emi's puppy dog eyes.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

MegaMoto wrote:Hey new blood. Welcome to the forums. Another person that got caught by Emi's puppy dog eyes.
Hmm, new blood? Hohohoho good *hides his cleaver* Welcome to forums.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Hey welcome to the forums, I'm new here myself so we're on the same boat I guess!
Stratos wrote:Now restarting to try to see Hanako ending.
I love Hanakos route, enjoy!
Lillys route is also great in my opinion.
Zatchara

Post by Zatchara »

It is! Granted, I've only finished two routes so far, myself (those being Rin and Emi's) but I can safely say it has some of the most brilliant writing in any game I've played or experienced so far. Well, I say that but since it's a visual novel, the level of writing differs from most games, so..eh. I do think it says a lot that I can't tackle routes one after another because of the emotional toll it takes on me, so that's a thing.

Anyway, welcome!
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Zatchara wrote: I do think it says a lot that I can't tackle routes one after another because of the emotional toll it takes on me, so that's a thing.
Yeah I'm going through the same phase right now after finishing Hanakos route, and it has been nearly a week now, maybe two, I've lost count of the days :cry:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Let use know when you go on the picnic...

:twisted:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Xanatos wrote:Let use know when you go on the picnic...

:twisted:
Didn't get there yet, I heard it's pretty screwed up. :?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the board Stratos!

Like someone said previously, if you want to rewatch a previously played scene, go to the main menu, select EXTRAS, and then the LIBRARY. It'll send you to a menu that'll let you jump to any scene you want to replay.

And if you're worried about your emotional state, we've all been there. IT took me about ten days before I was ready to come back to it after finishing my dear Hanako's arc.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Stratos

Post by Stratos »

Thanks for the info guys, think I will redo the Emi path too.
Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Emi Ibarazaki »

Welcome to the forum! And yes, KS is great. And you know who's also great? Myself.
Err, I mean Emi. Regardless, enjoy the rest of the game. It's pretty swell.