What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by CFC Kyle »

Steinherz wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:True, she'd like something anything by Michael Bay in that case.
What is everyone's issue with Micheal Bay? He's not that bad.
Because if he could, he'd make a movie that was just one big explosion stretched over the period of 1-2 hours and jerk off to it.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Not a Michael Bay fan either. I'm just too old for stupid action movies. Of course, I'll still take him over that hack Roland Emmerich.
Oddball wrote: And he's hoplessly insane, blackmails, tortures, and murders people without any qualms about it, considers himself a monster, and ultimatley at the end of the movie dies alone.

I feel safe in saying that Hanako would NOT like this movie, any version of it.

I think we've had this discussion before. :)

If you've never seen the ALW play and movie, they push him pretty hard as a tragic, misunderstood hero figure. That version has a lot of female admirers.
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

pandaphil wrote:Not Michael Bay fan either. I'm just too old for stupid action movies. Of course, I'll still take him over that hack Roland Emmerich.
Oddball wrote: And he's hoplessly insane, blackmails, tortures, and murders people without any qualms about it, considers himself a monster, and ultimatley at the end of the movie dies alone.

If you've never seen the ALW play and movie, they push him pretty hard as a tragic, misunderstood hero figure. That version has a lot of female admirers.
Anything's better than *shudder* Uwe Boll...
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:True, she'd like something anything by Michael Bay in that case.
What is everyone's issue with Micheal Bay? He's not that bad.
Wrong :P Though he is less wretched than Emmerich...

I could see Akira watching The Hangover. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

I could definitely see Misha being a huge fan of Chasing Amy...

And now I need to go rewatch that for the hundredth time. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:I could definitely see Misha being a huge fan of Chasing Amy...

Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she'd enjoy a shit movie that just happens to have a lesbian character who doesn't even do anything. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:I could definitely see Misha being a huge fan of Chasing Amy...

Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she'd enjoy a shit movie that just happens to have a lesbian character who doesn't even do anything. :lol:
What? That has got to be the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard. Homosexuality in general is a major theme from the movie. :roll:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

What? That has got to be the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard. Homosexuality in general is a major theme from the movie. :roll:
Where exactly in the plotline of "Guy's friend gets jealous of guy's girlfriend, reveals she fucked a lot of guys, destroys the friendship, and then the girl is revealed to like chicks in the last scene" exists this "major theme"?

I wonder if Rin would like 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's about as bizarre as she comes off to people.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:What? That has got to be the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard. Homosexuality in general is a major theme from the movie. :roll:
Where exactly in the plotline of "Guy's friend gets jealous of guy's girlfriend, reveals she fucked a lot of guys, destroys the friendship, and then the girl is revealed to like chicks in the last scene" exists this "major theme"?

I wonder if Rin would like 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's about as bizarre as she comes off to people.
The fact that the girl is a lesbian when he falls in love with her and the majority of the cast is gay/lesbian and and so is his roommate which is why he is jealous. It was revealed in one of the first scenes that she was a lesbian, not last. Did we even watch the same movie? :lol:

And good call Panda, I was thinking Pulp Fiction for Akira as well. That or Sin City. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I bet Akira's a Tarantino fan.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
And good call Panda, I was thinking Pulp Fiction for Akira as well. That or Sin City. :lol:
Thanks! And I'm with you. I liked Chasing Amy.

Actually I almost chose Good Fellas or The Godfather for Akira. But those both seemed way too serious for her.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Thanks! And I'm with you. I liked Chasing Amy.

Actually I almost chose Good Fellas or The Godfather for Akira. But those both seemed way too serious for her.
Yea those two movies are absolutely brilliant but I'd say they're a little too serious too. And Xan I wouldn't trust anyone that said they aren't a Tarantino fan.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tarantino is Crazy Awesome. Gonna give him that, at the very least.
pandaphil wrote:Not a Michael Bay fan either. I'm just too old for stupid action movies. Of course, I'll still take him over that hack Roland Emmerich.

Phantom of the Opera should be watched as a musical, end of story. I don't think any movie version cuts it.
Last edited by YZQ on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

While I agree with the Akira suggestions so far, I could also see her liking old hardboiled detective movies. The Big Sleep, Maltese Falcon, etc. (Suzu might also enjoy The Big Sleep.)
I imagine Miki enjoys your crasser variety of comedy, the kind with a lot of sexual and scatological humor.
Hanako probably enjoyed Life Of Pi, considering she seemed to really get into the book. (Of course, sometimes really liking the book is a reason to hate the movie.) And seeing her as a Miyazaki fan, as someone suggested, isn't hard either.
Emi just might be a Chariots of Fire fan. At the very least, she's probably been known to hum the theme when she runs.
Shizune actually really enjoys sappy romantic comedies. She'd never admit it to anyone, though.
And now for the obligatory joke suggestions:
Hanako: Scarface.
Emi: Rear Window.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Pink Floyd.

The Wall.

With Rin.

And a bowl of peeled oranges.

Best night ever.