What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Post Reply
User avatar
CFC Kyle
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by CFC Kyle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Shizune would probably love silent movies, for obvious reasons.
I think Emi would really love Run Fatboy Run.
For Rin I'd have to say A Clockwork Orange.
Hanako is hard to say, being extremely shy I'm not sure what she'd be interested in, but I think we can safely rule out the second Hunger Games film when it's released.
Lilly wouldn't really be into movies imo, being... inhibited and all that.
What do you guys think?
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Oddball » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 pm

For some reason, I'm picturing Rin watching Yellow Submarine wide eyed and trying to make sense out of it.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by KeiichiO » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Oddball wrote:For some reason, I'm picturing Rin watching Yellow Submarine wide eyed and trying to make sense out of it.
I'll go with this.

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Hanako: Princess Mononoke
Emi: Dodgeball
Lilly: Into the Wild
Shizune: The Ocean's series
Rin: Forrest Gump
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by pandaphil » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 pm

The problem with this list is that we keep forgetting that everyone is Japanese. They'd possibly like films we'd never even heard of. :)
CFC Kyle wrote:Shizune would probably love silent movies, for obvious reasons.
I think Emi would really love Run Fatboy Run.
For Rin I'd have to say A Clockwork Orange.
Hanako is hard to say, being extremely shy I'm not sure what she'd be interested in, but I think we can safely rule out the second Hunger Games film when it's released.
Lilly wouldn't really be into movies imo, being... inhibited and all that.
What do you guys think?

I theorized that ALW's Phantom of the Opera movie might be Hanako's favorite. It has singing, and features a scarred person as the romantic lead.

To expand things a bit, I can see Akira being a Pulp Fiction fan.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Steinherz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm

pandaphil wrote:I theorized that ALW's Phantom of the Opera movie might be Hanako's favorite. It has singing, and features a scarred person as the romantic lead.

To expand things a bit, I can see Akira being a Pulp Fiction fan.
Even though the Phantom isn't really a sympathetic character :lol: he's really kind of a selfish asshole once you stop to think about it.
And I can totally see Akira enjoying Pulp Fiction. I can also see her quoting it XD


Here's a better question: Who out of the entire cast would expect to like The Nightmare Before Christmas? I'd say Hanako for one.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
MegaMoto
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by MegaMoto » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm

OtakuNinja wrote:Hanako: Princess Mononoke
Emi: Dodgeball
Lilly: Into the Wild
Shizune: The Ocean's series
Rin: Forrest Gump
Really RIN with forest Gump. You realize you missed a golden opertunity for a "RUN EMI RUN" joke.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Oddball » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm

pandaphil wrote:
I theorized that ALW's Phantom of the Opera movie might be Hanako's favorite. It has singing, and features a scarred person as the romantic lead.
And he's hoplessly insane, blackmails, tortures, and murders people without any qualms about it, considers himself a monster, and ultimatley at the end of the movie dies alone.

I feel safe in saying that Hanako would NOT like this movie, any version of it.
Here's a better question: Who out of the entire cast would expect to like The Nightmare Before Christmas? I'd say Hanako for one.
Yuuko.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:33 pm

MegaMoto wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Hanako: Princess Mononoke
Emi: Dodgeball
Lilly: Into the Wild
Shizune: The Ocean's series
Rin: Forrest Gump
Really RIN with forest Gump. You realize you missed a golden opertunity for a "RUN EMI RUN" joke.
That joke is getting old. :P Rin and Forrest are on the same level. ;)
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm

CFC Kyle wrote:Shizune would probably love silent movies, for obvious reasons.
What reasons are those? ALL movies are silent to Shizune. :lol:

Hanako: I see a Miyazaki fan.

Emi: Western horror flicks, probably. Slasher fare.

Rin: Something headed by Lynch or Kubrick. Or maybe Fantasia. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
CFC Kyle
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by CFC Kyle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Xanatos wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:Shizune would probably love silent movies, for obvious reasons.
What reasons are those? ALL movies are silent to Shizune. :lol:

Hanako: I see a Miyazaki fan.

Emi: Western horror flicks, probably. Slasher fare.

Rin: Something headed by Lynch or Kubrick. Or maybe Fantasia. :lol:
Well silent movies often have text so they'd be the only ones she could actually understand. Unless... SIGN LANGUAGE MOVIES! I could be onto the next big breakthrough here.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 pm

CFC Kyle wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:Shizune would probably love silent movies, for obvious reasons.
What reasons are those? ALL movies are silent to Shizune. :lol:

Hanako: I see a Miyazaki fan.

Emi: Western horror flicks, probably. Slasher fare.

Rin: Something headed by Lynch or Kubrick. Or maybe Fantasia. :lol:
Well silent movies often have text so they'd be the only ones she could actually understand. Unless... SIGN LANGUAGE MOVIES! I could be onto the next big breakthrough here.
Pretty much every TV in existence now has a closed captioning option, plus there's always subtitles. She can have text with basically any movie. :P That said, I think she'd enjoy something with explosions and/or world domination. XD

I can see Yuuko enjoying really goddamn awful movies that somehow still manage to be the best entertainment. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
CFC Kyle
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by CFC Kyle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Xanatos wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:
Xanatos wrote: What reasons are those? ALL movies are silent to Shizune. :lol:

Hanako: I see a Miyazaki fan.

Emi: Western horror flicks, probably. Slasher fare.

Rin: Something headed by Lynch or Kubrick. Or maybe Fantasia. :lol:
Well silent movies often have text so they'd be the only ones she could actually understand. Unless... SIGN LANGUAGE MOVIES! I could be onto the next big breakthrough here.
Pretty much every TV in existence now has a closed captioning option, plus there's always subtitles. She can have text with basically any movie. :P That said, I think she'd enjoy something with explosions and/or world domination. XD

I can see Yuuko enjoying really goddamn awful movies that somehow still manage to be the best entertainment. :lol:
True, she'd like something anything by Michael Bay in that case.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm

CFC Kyle wrote:Pretty much every TV in existence now has a closed captioning option, plus there's always subtitles. She can have text with basically any movie. :P That said, I think she'd enjoy something with explosions and/or world domination. XD

I can see Yuuko enjoying really goddamn awful movies that somehow still manage to be the best entertainment. :lol:
True, she'd like something anything by Michael Bay in that case.[/quote]

Nah, she still has a brain. I'd toss her over to The Dark Knight. Lot of explosions and Nolan's a smarter director. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: What movie do you think would be each girl's favourite?

Post by Steinherz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 pm

CFC Kyle wrote:True, she'd like something anything by Michael Bay in that case.
What is everyone's issue with Micheal Bay? He's not that bad.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

Post Reply