I think I've grown addicted to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: I think I've grown addicted to KS

Post by Xanatos »

Linkandpie wrote:I just got done with Lilly's route a few days ago and I really hope these feelings will die down soon. I like a girl in real life, but I feel guilty because I find myself thinking I'd rather have Lilly than this girl.
Go for Lilly and send me the girl.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Linkandpie wrote:I just got done with Lilly's route a few days ago and I really hope these feelings will die down soon. I like a girl in real life, but I feel guilty because I find myself thinking I'd rather have Lilly than this girl.

You should get her into it too.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Your reaction to is is to be expected. Its hard to get it out of your mind after youve played it. Just go on to other stuff for a while. After finishing it once, I went to other VNs such as Clannad, Little Busters and many others. After playing others, I would come back to KS and give it another go through. Which I am right at the time of this writing, working on Emi's path again.

Ive played more VNs than I really care to try and recall. However, none have made the impact on me that KS has. Not even close. Im certain it will always remain my favorite. Im sure Im not the only one that feels this way, and thats okay. KS for a lot of us just seems to hit a lot closer to home than other VNs. The girls just seem that much more real, at least imho.

Point is, the feelings will get easier to deal with. However, the feelings will never leave all together. It will always have a place in your heart and give you fond memories. Dont be afraid to replay it from time to time. It may not have the impact it did initially, but even after playing through it time and time again, I still find myself enjoying it just as much, just like that good old book that you always go back to.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

ArazelEternal wrote:The girls just seem that much more real
This is why I love KS so much. I never thought I'd become a sucker for this VN. Never ever.
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

ArazelEternal wrote: The girls just seem that much more real, at least imho.
You nailed it. That is the exact reason why KS kicks you right in the ''feels'', the characters are more than just paper thin stereotypes, as you play you are happy when they are happy and you feel sad when they are, and god help your feels if you through your choices made them sad.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.