I think I've grown addicted to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

I think I've grown addicted to KS

Post by CFC Kyle »

I find myself wishing that it was real so I could be a part of that world. I actually miss some of the characters when I'm not playing :/ Is that normal?
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
Steinherz

Re: I think I've grown addicted to KS

Post by Steinherz »

CFC Kyle wrote:I find myself wishing that it was real so I could be a part of that world. I actually miss some of the characters when I'm not playing :/ Is that normal?
Yes, it is very normal (at least on these boards XD).
Also, you already have a Lilly-like waifu stop being greedy (kidding, I'm kidding)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

It happens. Really, any really great story can do that. Welcome.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Play some WoW. You'll feel better.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

Last edited by Reyhan on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Welcome to the forum Kyle!
And well, you and a few others *cough* i believe. So i'd say it's quite normal, and most imporatnly, completley harmless unless it starts affecting real life :wink:

Like Xan said, the writing is just that good.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome aboard Kyle. Like everyone's already said, its perfectly normal, and just something you'll have to ride out. I was an emotional mess for about a month or so. So, read fics, collect fan art, and post here on the board. Eventually it'll begin to subside.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Yep, yep, yep. Hold fast, the intensity of those feelings will gradually calm to the point where you can focus on other things. Most of us have been there.

Welcome to the club, Kyle!
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

CFC Kyle wrote:I find myself wishing that it was real so I could be a part of that world. I actually miss some of the characters when I'm not playing :/ Is that normal?
Looks like Liam-Sama made a forum account. HAHA I know what you mean about wanting it to be real but hey what can you do except burn down a cancer ward. :D
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

This is probably just another case of The Tetris Effect upon another fan of KS. Give it some time and it will ease off on its own. At this point, you are not likely to forget about KS (can't think of anybody who would...) but it does get better. I remember that it took me about 2-3 weeks to get over the worst of it after finishing the entire thing but after that, I tried to focus on Skyrim for a while and that snapped me out of it.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I remember for the first month I was a mess. I used to cry at everything, depressed at not having anyone like the girls in my life. Thankfully six months later it's just a warm, pleasant memory.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

pandaphil wrote:I remember for the first month I was a mess. I used to cry at everything, depressed at not having anyone like the girls in my life. Thankfully six months later it's just a warp, pleasant memory.
Until you play it again.
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Well, I find it understandable and normal. I do experience similar effects from time to time.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Linkandpie

Post by Linkandpie »

I just got done with Lilly's route a few days ago and I really hope these feelings will die down soon. I like a girl in real life, but I feel guilty because I find myself thinking I'd rather have Lilly than this girl.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I was just like this a few months ago. But then I found some other things that sparked my interest, and kinda left the KS universe behind. Gone, but never forgotten, of course. It's just that there isn't much left after you've 100% the game. Just mindless babble about who'd you want to fuck, and shtuffs. Maybe some other deep conversation in there, but like I said, it's deep. You gotta dig to get to it.