Oh Lilly... what's wrong with me?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Oh Lilly... what's wrong with me?

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:I wouldn't say the choices in the route were along the option of "lying to Lilly" vs. "being straight with her", but rather "lying to himself" vs. "being honest to himself". If Hisao consistently avoids facing up to his own issues, he'll lack the necessary dose of self-reflective ability to understand how things could have gone so wrong.
Exactly. Hell, if he can't be honest with himself, why should she?

And Japanese culture needs to get the stick out of its ass already. It's just going to turn into an unintentional parody as time goes on.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The world is passing them by, the population is shrinking, and Square Enix games are not as good as they used to be...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:The world is passing them by, the population is shrinking, and Square Enix games are not as good as they used to be...
Meh, as long as they keep producing the tokusatsu, I won't have to send Godzilla after them.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Xanatos wrote: Shizune just happened to have invited him to her house and just happened to have something to tie him up on the go.

Emi just happened to drag him into the shed that she was deliberately told was a good place to secretly fuck a guy and just happened to tell Hisao that's the whole reason she brought him there.

Yeah. Totally unplanned incidents. :lol: Shizune's might've been a last-minute plan but there's still definitely some premeditation there. Emi just outright plotted her way to anal. XD
Emi's first time with Hisao was rubbing her privates against Hisao's, clothes were prety much still on. But that's their first scene imo. Childish and playful, just like she is. And you know how i think about the shed scene mister smartypants :wink:

Hisao actually asked if he could come along, Shizune didn't ask him because she thought he wouldnt like it. So again, not planned :wink:
And Xan, if i wanted i'm sure i could find something in my house to tie you down with :lol:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

And i don't mind the few members, i usually find them to be the most fun to be in anyway
I wasn't talking about the forums in general but about the club of "people who dare to citicize Lilly."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Masques and mime

Post by Masques and mime »

oh hey ho

only read up to Merioficus' first massive reply but. I agree with what you're saying about her being honest although you have some personal memories which may make you more passionate about it. Personally the blindfold moment was massive for me as a moment of clarity and connection, I'm hoping to make a play which introduces people to being blind and getting them to make tea. personally the most annoying thing for me about most of the arcs was i didn't connect to Hisao it might have been that I've grown up in a disabled environment and find his attitude annoying but i just couldn't empathise with him as the protagonist especially in Rin's arc my actions would have been drastically different, but that again is very personal and also relates to personal memories so maybe I'm the minority.

as Hanako was making friends I was missing her, bad idea to do her arc first maybe
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Never cared for Lilly much the whole betrayal thing for no reason irked me. However I see why people liked it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:Never cared for Lilly much the whole betrayal thing for no reason irked me. However I see why people liked it.
What betrayal?
NotALlama

Post by NotALlama »

I find it interesting no one is pointing out how similar Lilly and Hisao are. The arc is as much about him as it is about her imo.

I mean, both basically live their lives allowing their condition and others to dictate how they live (Hisao after it happens). Lilly is sent away due to her condition, and by the will of her parents. Hisao has the exact same thing happen to him. Hisao doesn't want people to pity him for his condition, despite needing help at times, and Lilly is the same way (although she's had it long enough to accept there are things she needs help with). Both are largely independent due to not seeing their parents often, both had some sort of crush they weren't able to be with, Hisao because his condition and Lilly because her status. Lilly and Hisao's discussion about their past loves also serves as some good foreshadowing, with Lilly revealing she just sort of did nothing last time and Hisao revealing he he was going to do something but was stopped short of his condition. And as it turns out, Lilly does the same thing this time (not pursuing her love), but Hisao pursues his, in spite of his condition.

But more importantly, they never protested. Throughout there lives they just did what was asked of them. Move here, follow these instructions, etc, etc, never revealing or pursuing what they really wanted to do. I doubt Lilly wanted to move away from her parents, and we know Hisao didn't (although he never openly protested to them). They both just accepted what was happening to them.

Even with Lilly, Hisao just follows along. He always lets her take the intuitive, and never puts in to much thought behind what he actually wants to do at any given time. I don't think Lilly leaving was any sort of test, and I don't think Lilly didn't tell Hisao earlier because she was hiding it. Lilly leaving was just her going through the motions, as she had always done. Even if she "thought" it over, the truth is she was looking at it objectively, without any concern for her actual feelings. Lilly not telling Hisao was because Hisao had never once shown any interest in making any sort of decision, instead leaving it to Lilly. Naturally, Lilly's decision to move away would fall into this, so why should she expect him to input on that decision when he never had input on any others? As it turns out, she's right, as he just sort of accepts her decision without any input of his own once he is told.

The good end involves Hisao actually making a decision for himself (deciding to not let another girl go due to his condition), and it involves him actually pursuing his true feelings and emotions, in stark contrast to how he and Lilly had been for the most part. He always commented on how Lilly seemed to lack emotions, but he was much the same way when it came to anything of real importance, either shrugging things off as unimportant, or ignoring them completely/going with the flow of things.

Lilly's arc was about accepting your own emotions, and pursuing what you actually want to do, not what others tell you to. In order to get to the good end, you have to be honest with yourself (and Lilly), even if it's the harder thing to do (emotionally). By the end of the arc (good end anyway), both Hisao and Lilly have gone against simply accepting/ignoring things and instead considered their own emotions and desires, and did what they wanted to do. It may not have any big shock value or tragic event, but the message is still there.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

That is a great first post. Welcome aboard NotALlama!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:Never cared for Lilly much the whole betrayal thing for no reason irked me. However I see why people liked it.
What betrayal?
I don't know about you but not telling your loved one that you're fucking off half the world away is betrayal.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Me thinks you get hurt too easily.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

YZQ wrote:Me thinks you get hurt too easily.
No you see I didn't care because I don't like Lilly I just thought that one part was handled poorly.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Wait, you don't like Lily because of that one reason, or is it because of something else, like personal reasons?

MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

YZQ wrote:Wait, you don't like Lily because of that one reason, or is it because of something else, like personal reasons?
Personal reasons. I just didn't like her path I can't pin it down to anyone reason. I see why people like her. She's pretty, nice, "proper" (except not really I liked that part). All that jaz it's just not my thing. I liked when Lilly cut back drank and loved the sex. However it just wasn't enough for ME. Just my personal opinion.