Emis and Yuukos

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Emis and Yuukos

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I seem to recall other sites throwing more of a fit.

I guess we're just more mature here. :P
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
I seem to recall other sites throwing more of a fit.

I guess we're just more mature here. :P
Yup. We definitely are more mature here.

Incidentally, while browsing that thread, I noticed this and had to laugh:
TheHivemind wrote:The sex, for example, will be hilarious. Or excellent. Or both.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I wish I could delete the history in my brain...
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Oddball wrote:Original Yuuko on the other hand has a decent design. ... However, it doesn't fit her. When I first played the demo, I thought she was another student.
Old Yuuko looks less mature to you? Huh. The original Yuuko looks older to me and gives the impression of a young, new teacher. The finalized Yuuko more clearly seems like a college student to me.

The original Emi is serviceable and gets the job done, but the Emi I'm used to is definitely the better one. Proto Emi looks about 13-14 and doesn't give the same feeling of being Hisao's equal (or his senior, actually) that the finished Emi conveys. Also, wheras Old Emi is 100 percent fluffy cuteness, most of New Emi's expressions have a very subtle harshness to her features. It's fitting for someone that has a very sweet and friendly personality by nature, but is somewhat bitter, crabby, and rancid on the inside due to her emotional trauma.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Dr. Casey wrote: very subtle harshness to her features
I think that might be because the "new" Emi sprite looks a bit... rushed? Like it looks like the sprite isn't fully finished.
But that may just be me nitpicking.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
I think that might be because the "new" Emi sprite looks a bit... rushed? Like it looks like the sprite isn't fully finished.
Looks finished to me. o.o
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Looks finished to me. o.o
What I meant by finished: It looks unrefined (in certain expressions/poses) compared to the other sprites.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:What I meant by finished: It looks unrefined (in certain expressions/poses) compared to the other sprites.
Ah, well. I don't recall the poses readily enough to judge...But unrefined suits Emi. :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:What I meant by finished: It looks unrefined (in certain expressions/poses) compared to the other sprites.
Ah, well. I don't recall the poses readily enough to judge...But unrefined suits Emi. :lol:
This one:
I don't know why, but something about that sprite in particular bugs me. It looks really odd. Especially when she's got the angry facial expression.
Probably just me though.
I also draw, kind of.
neio

Post by neio »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
This one:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1087/selfcest.jpg
I don't know why, but something about that sprite in particular bugs me. It looks really odd. Especially when she's got the angry facial expression.
Probably just me though.
The borders are sketchy. See her left shoulder, right hand, chin, and eyes. When you zoom in really close, you can see that though it's not feathered as much as it might be, the border isn't strong either. It might be antialiased too much. If you look at her chin especially, it has a strong border that fades out too much and too quickly. Overall, it gives the impression that it was drawn using multiple pencil lines, like the borders on these elephants (what?). Compare to Shizune's chin and shoulders to see what I mean: Shizune's chin line is bold all the way around, making it look more polished.

Edit: I have to clarify, I'm a huge Emi fan, and the artwork is actually great. I'm just trying to help out with what makes the sprite look "really odd."
Last edited by neio on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
This one:
...Well...Uh...HNNNNNNNG

It's got some sketchy bits. Nothing too major.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

neio wrote:The borders are sketchy. See her left shoulder, right hand, chin, and eyes. When you zoom in really close, you can see that though it's not feathered as much as it might be, the border isn't strong either. It might be antialiased too much. If you look at her chin especially, it has a strong border that fades out too much and too quickly. Overall, it gives the impression that it was drawn using multiple pencil lines, like the borders on these elephants (what?). Compare to Shizune's chin and shoulders to see what I mean: Shizune's chin line is bold all the way around, making it look more polished.
That's essentially exactly what I was trying to explain. Thank you
I also draw, kind of.
neio

Post by neio »

Steinherz wrote:
neio wrote:The borders are sketchy. See her left shoulder, right hand, chin, and eyes. When you zoom in really close, you can see that though it's not feathered as much as it might be, the border isn't strong either. It might be antialiased too much. If you look at her chin especially, it has a strong border that fades out too much and too quickly. Overall, it gives the impression that it was drawn using multiple pencil lines, like the borders on these elephants (what?). Compare to Shizune's chin and shoulders to see what I mean: Shizune's chin line is bold all the way around, making it look more polished.
That's essentially exactly what I was trying to explain. Thank you
You're welcome :)
I don't actually even art. I spent a bit of time looking at Emi's sprites in fullscreen mode, but it didn't hit me what was "off" until I saw it from across the room.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.