Is KS fandom dying?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Re: Is KS fandom dying?

Post by Umbra »

Hey, I'm not the one to judge what people should do or shouldn't do. Do whatever you like. It's a free world. What I wanted to say is that there are probably many other activities that are more useful than spending hours every day here.

And I mentioned /ksg/ because it used to be really, really good just after KS came out. Now it's utter crap. It's sad to see something change to the worst.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I honestly can't even stay an hour here anymore.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, 15 minutes at most, checking the handful of new replies we get each day.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

Ok guys, please, this wasn't directed at any of you, don't take it personally. It was just a figure of speech (if I'm using the term correctly?) sorry if I rustled anyone's jimmies, I was just trying to state my opinion.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umbra wrote:Ok guys, please, this wasn't directed at any of you...
If that were true, then even saying it would have been pointless because you're not referring to anyone that actually exists. And you can't say "I'm not the one to judge..." while judging in the same sentence.

"I'm not trying to flame..." - And yet you go out of your way to employ obviously derisive terms. "Obsessive", "meaningless", "circle jerk"...

"It wasn't directed at any of you..." - And yet you say it to us.

"I'm not one to judge..." - And yet you judge.

If you're gonna deliberately utilize flamebait terminology, direct it at other members, and judge what they do...That's cool. Have at it. Just do it with some conviction, man. :lol: No bigger pet peeve than backpedaling and pussyfoot language. But I digress (I.E. I'm bored of that line of talk and it shouldn't be pursued further)...Unrelated: Is your name a Bayonetta reference?

To the topic: /ksg/ was doomed simply by the nature of where it spawned. This place will only be doomed by a lack of new discussion, and only if nobody comes up with something new. And even if it "dies", new fans will find it and stick it full of adrenaline once the old ones are gone. As long as people continue finding and enjoying something, it cannot really die.
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Umbra wrote:Hey, I'm not the one to judge what people should do or shouldn't do. Do whatever you like. It's a free world. What I wanted to say is that there are probably many other activities that are more useful than spending hours every day here.

And I mentioned /ksg/ because it used to be really, really good just after KS came out. Now it's utter crap. It's sad to see something change to the worst.
You say you're not one to judge, and yet you criticise the choices of people in relation to how much time they spend on this forum.

Also if you think that requires spending hours on end here, then you're sorely mistaken.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Just my two cents: I agree with what has been said (in like the last page or so, I skipped a few in the middle :b) about the forum not really dying as new people discover the game and need a place to come discuss what they have been through

with that said, the only reason I come here really, is to check the fanart thread. There is only so much discussion that can be done by the same people, even in a game as deep as KS.

I go to a few MLP forums (imageboards actually, but same difference) and the only reason I really go there is for some off topic and jokey time with people who I share a common interest.

So, I have wanted to say this for a while, but didn't want people to jump all over my potato salad because I'm sure there it has been brought up before and there is a good reason there isn't one, but I would really enjoy an off topic forum on this site (like in the board index) for me it's just nice to have a chat about whatever with people who you already have something in common with, you know?
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

^I agree wholeheartedly.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I just check here to see if I can many any snarky or sardonic replies.

It's been quite a while since I've actually played KS.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

BananaPudding wrote:Just my two cents: I agree with what has been said (in like the last page or so, I skipped a few in the middle :b) about the forum not really dying as new people discover the game and need a place to come discuss what they have been through

with that said, the only reason I come here really, is to check the fanart thread. There is only so much discussion that can be done by the same people, even in a game as deep as KS.

I go to a few MLP forums (imageboards actually, but same difference) and the only reason I really go there is for some off topic and jokey time with people who I share a common interest.

So, I have wanted to say this for a while, but didn't want people to jump all over my potato salad because I'm sure there it has been brought up before and there is a good reason there isn't one, but I would really enjoy an off topic forum on this site (like in the board index) for me it's just nice to have a chat about whatever with people who you already have something in common with, you know?
I agree with this too, but like you said I'm sure there's a reason there isn't one. I do think it would help keep the community somewhat more alive than it is now, if that makes sense. If there's more reason to keep coming back than just KS, then the same fanbase is still going to be there, and I would expect it to even grow as a result.

I'm sure it won't happen though, seeing as though it hasn't after five years.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

I only come here to maintain some broken semblance of a social life, y'know, being "normal" and whatnot.
What is there left to say?
Dream

Post by Dream »

Oh, it's this thread again.

The KS forum is dead, and has been for me for many months now. It's practically impossible to have a decent conversation in here among all the shitposting and the "FEELS" dumdtardery, and god help you if you try to call some of those people on it, else you'll have to prepare yourself for whatever fallacious butthurt defensivenes they throw at you. I'm not really that attached to KS these days, at least not as much as before, probably because it has been a long time since i've played and i've been busy with other things, but it really sucks that i had to see this place (where interesting discussions could happen from time to time) gradually decay to a sort of pussified version of /b/. Many of the members that made the place great for me seem to have left, and i wouldn't be surprised if i share that fate soon, i could certainly use freeing up some of my schedule.

As for "Keeping the forum active/alive" don't quote me on this, but i'm sure i saw a post by Silentcook where he said he wasn't very interested in that, at least not if it came at the cost of being subjected to daily fucktons of internet bullshit.
Last edited by Dream on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

@Dream

Should someone who has only recently played KS be denied the luxury of sharing their feels with the world, as I'm sure many more people did with complete freedom closer to the VNs release?

Also, "fucktons of internet bullshit" is literally unavoidable as long as the place you are talking about is on said internet.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

BananaPudding wrote:@Dream

Should someone who has only recently played KS be denied the luxury of sharing their feels with the world, as I'm sure many more people did with complete freedom closer to the VNs release?
Agreed.
BananaPudding wrote:Also, "fucktons of internet bullshit" is literally unavoidable as long as the place you are talking about is on said internet.
And I love you now. You've just pointed out the flaw in almost 90% of arguments about stupid shit on the internet.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

BananaPudding wrote:@Dream

Also, "fucktons of internet bullshit" is literally unavoidable as long as the place you are talking about is on said internet.
Any recent players obviously shouldn't talk about their feelings at all or they'll be...Dumtards, I think. Whatever fucking word he just invented. :lol:

The fact is KS is a one-shot VN. There will be no expansions or sequels or spinoffs, at least not officially. That limits potential discussions which limits conversation. Even accounting for the topic drift and nonsense, how much mileage can honestly be expected of "What scene made you cry?" or "Which song did you like most?"

And not to ruffle any feathers, but all these people who rage against the lack of "decent conversation" and all that...Where's your decent conversation? It's easy enough to claim impossibility when no attempts are made. Go on. Go start a thread.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."