Act 1, "Enter Stage Left". That guy in the background...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pumpkinbot

Act 1, "Enter Stage Left". That guy in the background...

Post by Pumpkinbot »

Once you first enter your classroom on the scene titled "Enter Stage Left", a picture is shown, panning across everyone. Back one, and one to the right (from our perspective) is a guy that looks -vastly- different from everyone else in the room. He's larger has a different facial style from the typical anime faces and his hair is much shorter than everyone else's. That, and it looks like he's having a heart attack, which is rather jarring with School Days playing. :P

If this has already been answered and I'm just going to be pointed at and laughed at, I probably deserve it. :P This is my first post here, and the appearance of this guy made me want to ask this. I've noticed him on previous playthroughs, but never got the energy to make an account here and ask.

Here is a picture of the scene in question. It's a small resolution, but he's directly behind Misha from this perspective, or one seat back and one to the right from where we're at.
Last edited by Pumpkinbot on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Umber

Re: Act 1, "Enter Stage Left". That guy in the background...

Post by Umber »

I'm assuming that this thread's going to get deleted, so:

Please specify which character you're talking about here.

And I think everyone in the picture was drawn by the same artist.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot »

Umber wrote:I'm assuming that this thread's going to get deleted, so:
Deleted? o.o What did I do wrong?
Anyway, never knew that picture existed! It's Taro Arai. He just looks...uncomfortable.

EDIT: After Googling monoplegia, it turns out that's "paralysis of a single limb". Not much help. :v Maybe he's just asleep? Still looks different, especially in the face.
Umber

Post by Umber »

It's kind of a dead thread, it wouldn't really go anywhere past a posted answer. Depends on our dictator/admin. :lol:

Welcome to the forums!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:It's kind of a dead thread, it wouldn't really go anywhere past a posted answer. Depends on our dictator/admin. :lol:
The "Ask!" thread is where questions are asked, if you wanted a coherent answer.
Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot »

KeiichiO wrote:
Umber wrote:It's kind of a dead thread, it wouldn't really go anywhere past a posted answer. Depends on our dictator/admin. :lol:
The "Ask!" thread is where questions are asked, if you wanted a coherent answer.
Oh! >.< Didn't know! Eh, if I don't get an answer before the mods swoop in from the night sky, wielding their Ban-arangs and Ban Hammers, I'll just pop in there and ask. :P
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

you know, there's a lot of cameos in that pic..
Akio Hayashi (Kyon's look-a-like from Suzumiya Haruhi series, he even joined the Literature Club), Ritsu Tainaka, Misaki Kawana, Lelouch Lamperouge, Haruhiko Suzumiya (do I have to tell you that obvious name?), Ikuno Komaki, Lezard Valeth..
wait here while I get my mind blown off..
Can you face your fears?
Pumpkinbot

Post by Pumpkinbot »

mateh1 wrote:you know, there's a lot of cameos in that pic..
First, your avatar. SHE CAN HAVE MY SOUL~ SO ADORABLE.

Anyway, cameos? Interesting. He's probably another cameo, then. :v I mean, isn't Rule #2 of anime "Nobody can be fat"? Right under Rule #1, being "One of the main characters' fathers is on an 'extended business trip'," of course.

Still, I think this satisfies my curiosity. :> Thanks for the feedback, still new here! >.<
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'll just welcome to the forum Pumpkin, before this thread gets zapped.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

... I'm not seeing anything about this topic that would get it locked or zapped. Nor do I see why he'd have to ask the devs when anybody here can answer the question.

Also, Taro is an original character. He might be based on some other character, but if he is, nobody has came out and said it yet.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:... I'm not seeing anything about this topic that would get it locked or zapped.
...And I was so hopeful, too. (dramaticsigh)
Oddball wrote:Also, Taro is an original character. He might be based on some other character, but if he is, nobody has come out and said it yet.
Well, he shares his name with a Filipino fruit, and his last name is what most Filipinos say when they get hurt (although there's a one letter difference: "Aray" = "Ouch").

That's all I could come up with.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:Well, he shares his name with a Filipino fruit,
The thought of putting that thing anywhere near my internal organs scares me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I always figured he was a kid with an eating disorder or a glandular problem ("I'm not fat, I'm big boned!") who falls asleep in class a lot.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I always figured he was a kid with an eating disorder or a glandular problem ("I'm not fat, I'm big boned!") who falls asleep in class a lot.
From TVTropes:
Taro Arai
An obese student with monoplegia.

oh.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Pumpkinbot wrote:
mateh1 wrote:you know, there's a lot of cameos in that pic..
First, your avatar. SHE CAN HAVE MY SOUL~ SO ADORABLE.

Anyway, cameos? Interesting. He's probably another cameo, then. :v I mean, isn't Rule #2 of anime "Nobody can be fat"? Right under Rule #1, being "One of the main characters' fathers is on an 'extended business trip'," of course.

Still, I think this satisfies my curiosity. :> Thanks for the feedback, still new here! >.<
As far as I know, there are no laws pertaining to anime that say that there can't be fat people. I checked.