17%
Shizune
20%

Total votes: 41

Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Re: Replaying the routes

Post by Hans PK »

KeiichiO wrote:In Rin's animation,it shows her painting with her feet. This foreshadows the future scenes where she paints with her feet.
Could that mean that, after all the soul-crushing research into the possible meanings, both literal and metaphorical, that I've done on Emi's animation where she runs, the actual meaning is that she is a person who literally runs? That the answer to the question is in the question itself? That I have wasted months of my life finding meaning that has already been found? Please excuse me; I think it's raining on my face right now, as it is accustomed to doing whenever I have a life-defining revelation.
What is there left to say?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hans PK wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:In Rin's animation,it shows her painting with her feet. This foreshadows the future scenes where she paints with her feet.
Could that mean that, after all the soul-crushing research into the possible meanings, both literal and metaphorical, that I've done on Emi's animation where she runs, the actual meaning is that she is a person who literally runs? That the answer to the question is in the question itself? That I have wasted months of my life finding meaning that has already been found? Please excuse me; I think it's raining on my face right now, as it is accustomed to doing whenever I have a life-defining revelation.
Yes.

I feel sorry for you.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, it's pretty clear that Emi is running away from the issues she has to face. To her, the death of a loved one is the end of the world.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

YZQ wrote:Well, it's pretty clear that Emi is running away from the issues she has to face. To her, the death of a loved one is the end of the world.
That's the way I interpreted it, at least
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Something about playing KS again is that by looking at your previous choices you know how to get what you want. Making the tension of choices lower then the first time.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

MegaMoto wrote:Something about playing KS again is that by looking at your previous choices you know how to get what you want. Making the tension of choices lower then the first time.
It was pretty obvious the first time too. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

OtakuNinja wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:Something about playing KS again is that by looking at your previous choices you know how to get what you want. Making the tension of choices lower then the first time.
For some of them yea but others were not easy to make.
box

Post by box »

I can't wait to play KS for the second time. I will probably play it a year after I started, which would be December or something. Maybe even in another few years, I'll remember the game, and run through it again. :)
wyrda78

Post by wyrda78 »

The sad thing is, I didn't pay enough attention to the game on my first play through. I didn't know how great KS was going to be, so I sort of blew through a lot of the dialogue without paying too much attention. I wish I had of though, If I could go back I would have spent 30 seconds just observing each statement.

I'm currently replaying Hanako's route at the moment, I am enjoying it because I am picking up on a lot of details I missed. And I am going to start on that fan fic after I finish replaying the route, it will be great to continue on with it.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Strangely enough, I think I'm actually more attached to certain characters this time around.

When playing the first time, I couldn't wait to see absolutely everything the game had to offer. Now that I know what';s going to happen, I feel reluctant to abandon certain characters and play other paths.
Not Dead Yet
neio

Post by neio »

No matter how many times I play it, I still think it's impressive how well the choices are done. Rather than
[Punch her in the face]
[Give her a hug]
present in similar games/vns/dating sims/things, you've got
[Go for it!] (and quite possibly DIE (!!))
[Take it easy](and seem like a wimp)
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Well, I have to say, when you're on track to getting either Lilly or Hanako, and it gives you the choice of:

- Go for a walk into town
- Go to the library

I'd say that it's pretty obvious what you're choosing between :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
ThatWeirdOne

Post by ThatWeirdOne »

Xanatos wrote:Wait until you forget a lot of it, then replay. I'm coming up on a year since I started it and I've forgotten a ton of details. I expect it'll be just as good.
That is so true, I actually put off a replay of Katawa Shoujo by more than a year. (Maybe because I'd no time whatsoever to play KS, but that's another story. :P)

It's really nice to play a route again. :)
Actually is playing the piano/learning/running/bored/chatting with some friends/hanging out with some friends/training/doing something else right now.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Walshy12238 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Well, I have to say, when you're on track to getting either Lilly or Hanako, and it gives you the choice of:

- Go for a walk into town
- Go to the library

I'd say that it's pretty obvious what you're choosing between :P
When I first played it, I didn't see it that way. Hisao didn't know where anything in town was and he had no clue where Lilly was going.

Rather than seeing it as ...
[ ] Go hang out with Hanako
[ ] Go Hang out with Lilly

I saw it more as
[ ] Go hang out with Hanako
[ ] Wander around aimlessly and not accomplish anything
Not Dead Yet
Solistor

Re: Replaying the Game

Post by Solistor »

I've decided that I'm just going to play the routes again without erasing data. Thanks to the poll, I'll be doing Lilly's route first, then Shizune's, then Hanako's, then Emi's, then Rin's. I'll be aiming for good endings only, of course, and without using flowcharts/guides. Should I get them all done in a matter of days, or drag them out? Either way, let's begin Lilly's route.

Onward and upward, my friends. See you on the other side.