I finished Katawa Shoujo and can't get my friends to play it

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MegaMoto

Re: I finished Katawa Shoujo and can't get my friends to pla

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
@Moto: Pacifist, eh? Tell them for every route they complete, you'll punch a person of their choosing in the face.
I hold the right to change my mind on my beliefs at any moment so I might try that. Also my friend I did get to try it is almost finished his first path :cry: I'm so proud !
Send him to the manly picnic.
He actually got it first try I made fun of him for awhile after that.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote: Send him to the manly picnic.
My theory:

The manly picnic is actually a deterrent - Kenji kills you because you've been pushing away all the girls at Yamaku, and his insanity-like appearance is to warn players that if they don't reach a girl, they'll be forced to stay with him. He wants you to find a relationship with another student, he works the ins-and-outs of all student bonds, and he's also the love-child of the Nurse and some other woman of the fifty million he's probably seduced. The anti-feminist image is to shroud his true nature as the master matchmaker of Yamaku.

Oh, what fun writing this was.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
My theory:

The manly picnic is actually a deterrent - Kenji kills you because you've been pushing away all the girls at Yamaku, and his insanity-like appearance is to warn players that if they don't reach a girl, they'll be forced to stay with him. He wants you to find a relationship with another student, he works the ins-and-outs of all student bonds, and he's also the love-child of the Nurse and some other woman of the fifty million he's probably seduced. The anti-feminist image is to shroud his true nature as the master matchmaker of Yamaku.

That is the single most nonsensical thing on this entire forum.

Approved.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
My theory:

Haven't had to break this one out in awhile but...
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Oddball wrote: Obviously those people aren't really your friends.

Kill them.
Funny, that's exactly what the Voices have been saying. You make a compelling argument.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

See y'all in the wacky shack!
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Got another friend to try it. Never thought to tell them to so it without describing it would work :D .
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:Obviously those people aren't really your friends.

Kill them.
Whoa whoa, hey, whoa whoa whoa! You shouldn't kill a person, 'cause that's bad. Ehehe :mrgreen:
I'd argue otherwise but that isn't what this thread is for. :lol: At least ya got Persona, mysterycycle. Having them react so unenthusiastically must've been unbearable though.
I could kill you for that! :arrow: :twisted:
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

rockin robin wrote:I could kill you for that! :arrow: :twisted:
Go for it. It'd be the most a woman's done to me yet. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Xanatos wrote:
argh!!! Simmr just got a new joke site. I.Hate.you. :P
He's playing p4g all I'm hearing are bear pu--- don't you dare!
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:
Much obliged man!
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

I just started playing KS a few weeks before dem final exams, I can now say it was a veery bad idea. I never thought it'd make me feel so hard. I told my best friend I'll get him to play it after the finals. Can't wait to get over this.
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Firewind wrote:I just started playing KS a few weeks before dem final exams, I can now say it was a veery bad idea. I never thought it'd make me feel so hard. I told my best friend I'll get him to play it after the finals. Can't wait to get over this.
Yeah, it definitely pays to have a relatively clear schedule before embarking upon KS heh. For results may vary.
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Firewind wrote:I just started playing KS a few weeks before dem final exams, I can now say it was a veery bad idea. I never thought it'd make me feel so hard. I told my best friend I'll get him to play it after the finals. Can't wait to get over this.
Yeah.....yeah I did the same thing. Note to future people don't do this. Just...... no. Wait until after you have done some of the most important exams of your life, then go wild.

OT : To be honest I don't know if I even want to tell my friends, It is personally something I will probably keep to myself for like ever, mostly because it was such a moving experience (so far) and I honestly don't trust my friends enough to take it seriously and not joke about it.

Anyway, any chance of an update OP, have you managed to get any more friends to try it out so far?
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Crawford wrote:
Yeah.....yeah I did the same thing. Note to future people don't do this. Just...... no. Wait until after you have done some of the most important exams of your life, then go wild.

OT : To be honest I don't know if I even want to tell my friends, It is personally something I will probably keep to myself for like ever, mostly because it was such a moving experience (so far) and I honestly don't trust my friends enough to take it seriously and not joke about it.

Anyway, any chance of an update OP, have you managed to get any more friends to try it out so far?
I did get a friend to try it. He disappeared for like two weeks and then I see him online and ask him if he liked it. He says "The music is really good" and disappeared again. I've almost got one more but they want my disappearing friend to recommend it first.