I finished Katawa Shoujo and can't get my friends to play it

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: I finished Katawa Shoujo and can't get my friends to pla

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:People are people.
If everyone just danced the Carlton together, there would be no war.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
I KNOW, RIGHT?!
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I KNOW, RIGHT?!
I can't do it. It's a source of great embarrassment in my area
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

I'll think that many people still find it hard to accept that folks who can't see or hear, or are missing arms and legs, are average folks. They have many of the same concerns and emotions as the rest of us.
But here's the thing, whenever I used to look at disabled people before I would pity them. I don't do that anymore, they're just like us they don't need pity. Katawa Shoujo helped me grow as a person.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

MegaMoto wrote:
I'll think that many people still find it hard to accept that folks who can't see or hear, or are missing arms and legs, are average folks. They have many of the same concerns and emotions as the rest of us.
But here's the thing, whenever I used to look at disabled people before I would pity them. I don't do that anymore, they're just like us they don't need pity. Katawa Shoujo helped me grow as a person.
I had a similar outlook - mentally assenting to the fact that the disabled are people, just like anyone else, but not really feeling it in the heart. KS changed that.

As to the topic, I've managed to get two of my friends to try KS. Neither of them had the enthusiastic, falling-in-love reaction that I had. Though one of them suggested I'd probably like the Persona games and lent them to me, so that isn't bad. Still, I guess it makes me a little sad, just because KS meant so much to me.

Oh, well - just means I don't have to share my waifu with them. ;)
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

mysterycycle wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:
I had a similar outlook - mentally assenting to the fact that the disabled are people, just like anyone else, but not really feeling it in the heart. KS changed that.

As to the topic, I've managed to get two of my friends to try KS. Neither of them had the enthusiastic, falling-in-love reaction that I had. Though one of them suggested I'd probably like the Persona games and lent them to me, so that isn't bad. Still, I guess it makes me a little sad, just because KS meant so much to me.

Oh, well - just means I don't have to share my waifu with them. ;)
Obviously those people aren't really your friends.

Kill them.
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:Obviously those people aren't really your friends.

Kill them.
Whoa whoa, hey, whoa whoa whoa! You shouldn't kill a person, 'cause that's bad. Ehehe :mrgreen:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:Obviously those people aren't really your friends.

Kill them.
Whoa whoa, hey, whoa whoa whoa! You shouldn't kill a person, 'cause that's bad. Ehehe :mrgreen:
I'd argue otherwise but that isn't what this thread is for. :lol: At least ya got Persona, mysterycycle. Having them react so unenthusiastically must've been unbearable though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Umber

Post by Umber »

I think one of the main issues in this topic was simply getting people to play the game. Hence, why you can't kill people, but you CAN threaten to kill them. An unloaded gun, in a sense. (Of course, that's illegal, too. But still -- it might work.)

Thanks, Oddball.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:I think one of the main issues in this topic was simply getting people to play the game. Hence, why you can't kill people, but you CAN threaten to kill them. An unloaded gun, in a sense. (Of course, that's illegal, too. But still -- it might work.)
This is why I like to refer to you as, "Queen Tsundere".
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Guy's I've tried killing my friends they just haunt me... They're probably feminists ! :x (Note: I am a pacifist)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Umber wrote:I think one of the main issues in this topic was simply getting people to play the game. Hence, why you can't kill people, but you CAN threaten to kill them. An unloaded gun, in a sense. (Of course, that's illegal, too. But still -- it might work.)
This is why I like to refer to you as, "Queen Tsundere".
Because she advocates empty threats? That isn't tsundere... :lol:

@Moto: Pacifist, eh? Tell them for every route they complete, you'll punch a person of their choosing in the face.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

MegaMoto wrote:Guy's I've tried killing my friends they just haunt me... They're probably feminists ! :x (Note: I am a pacifist)
Good boy. *Pats head and gives treat*
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
@Moto: Pacifist, eh? Tell them for every route they complete, you'll punch a person of their choosing in the face.
I hold the right to change my mind on my beliefs at any moment so I might try that. Also my friend I did get to try it is almost finished his first path :cry: I'm so proud !
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MegaMoto wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I hold the right to change my mind on my beliefs at any moment so I might try that. Also my friend I did get to try it is almost finished his first path :cry: I'm so proud !
Send him to the manly picnic.