So i was on Kickstarter and found this

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: So i was on Kickstarter and found this

Post by Xanatos »

russianspy1234 wrote: it is easy to know that rin doesnt REALLY want to do the art exhibition, but who amongst us hasnt made a misstep when dealing with an awkward person irl?
Not the best example. Hisao's given no choice but to misstep in Rin's case. There is no option that doesn't push her toward the exhibition. :lol: He's not so much "superhuman" or "lucky" as he is a cosmic plaything.

Yes, every time a trope comes up in conversation, I am obligated to link to TVTropes.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Well if we're gonna keep involving the 4th wall in this discussion, then sure. Still, if the 4th wall must be invoked, then Hisao, master of romance, has in reality sex with all of the six girls for every playthrough we individually put him through, he can simultaneously be with all of the girls (sans Misha), so long as we've played through their paths and he can wind up with a good ending every time.

That sounds pretty damn superhuman to me. Or we could just drop the 4th wall of the VN's mechanics choices from his personality before we derail it all into madness. :roll:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Loonie wrote:Well if we're gonna keep involving the 4th wall in this discussion, then sure. Still, if the 4th wall must be invoked, then Hisao, master of romance, has in reality sex with all of the six girls for every playthrough we individually put him through, he can simultaneously be with all of the girls (sans Misha), so long as we've played through their paths and he can wind up with a good ending every time.

That sounds pretty damn superhuman to me. Or we could just drop the 4th wall of the VN's mechanics choices from his personality before we derail it all into madness. :roll:
I have always said that Hisao is a manipulator of time and space. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Count Crainic

Post by Count Crainic »

Awesome find! Probably Katawa Shoujo will provide further inspiration, such as like how Driftwood will soon be, to benefit from this niche that has not been exploited much, and the vast majority of the content is Japanese. Really looking forward to Driftwood and I hope it will end up being as good as Katawa Shoujo was.
Completion: Lilly-> Hanako
Best: Lilly>Hanako
sennit

Post by sennit »

Yeah this project looks sick (in the good way) I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this. Have any of you guys checked out the Facebook page for Driftwood? They're showing the potential girls to fill the fifth spot.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Xanatos wrote:
Loonie wrote:Well if we're gonna keep involving the 4th wall in this discussion, then sure. Still, if the 4th wall must be invoked, then Hisao, master of romance, has in reality sex with all of the six girls for every playthrough we individually put him through, he can simultaneously be with all of the girls (sans Misha), so long as we've played through their paths and he can wind up with a good ending every time.

I have always said that Hisao is a manipulator of time and space. :lol:
and yet, mutou was the one modeled after one of the incarnations of the doctor
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Xanatos wrote:I have always said that Hisao is a manipulator of time and space. :lol:
Fixed that for you. :wink:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Looks to me they just took KS' story, slapped some new names and locations on it and managed to get money from it too.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

gRaViJa wrote:Looks to me they just took KS' story, slapped some new names and locations on it and managed to get money from it too.
No burnt chick, no amputee, no lesbians, no school for the disabled...Sure sounds like KS' story.