Where are they now?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Xanatos »

mateh1 wrote:I think Hanako can't convince her to stay.
Based on what?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Thanks for the kind words about my writing. It's not the greatest, since I haven't done any kind of writing since the early 90's and I'm still learning. But its something I had to get out of my system. But if you like what you see I'll be happy to send you previews of the next chapter.

YZQ wrote:
Another factor is money. Hanako is very cash-strapped.

Indeed. I suspect she's basically living on government assistance at this point, getting through school on some sort of scholarship program through the orphanage.

Quite honestly in her current mental state I don't believe she could survive for long in the real world. She has no family or support system, not a lot of money, and she'd have a really difficult time interviewing for jobs. The first few rejections would absolutely wreck her self esteem. And that's not even taking her scars into account.

So yes, I think living with Lilly or Hisao or both would be for the best. Not forever of course. But at least through the first couple of years of college. Even temporarily it would provide her with a safety net while she built up her confidence, and tried to get some idea of what she'd like to do with her life.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Oddball wrote:I'd imagine Hanako tried college for a while, but probably didn't stick with it for a full four years. At this point she probably has a low key job somewhere that doesn't make a lot of money, but she's happy with it. I'm thinking something like working at a bookstore or at a radiostation (but not as the DJor anything like that.)

Lilly would have a job as an English teacher and is the one most likely to have returned and gotten a job at Yamaku.

Hisao would probably have a job at Yamaku as his end goal, but at this point he'd just be starting out in his teaching career and would be working at a normal highschool. However in Emi's route he'd probably have made a switch from teaching science to actually working as a scientist.

Misha would have gone back to her long brown hair look. She teaches sign language but probably holds down another part time job on top of that. For some reason I can't picture her returning to Yamaku.

Shizune would currently be working her way up the corporate ladder. Struggling hard to do so.

Emi I'm having a tougher time with, although I'd imagine she'd have children younger than any of the others.

Rin wouldn't make much money on her own. Although she'd still probably do some freelance design work and sell some paintings. She'd mostly live off what her husband makes. ... The idea of Rin actually working in an advertising firm does amuse me however.

Yuuko would have moved on to another job by now. No clue what she'd be doing, but I just can't picture her still at Yamaku and the Shanghai several years later.

Hideaki still lives at home.
Yuuko was studying history or something like that at a college so i would imagine she would have a job in that field
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sam wrote:Yuuko was studying history or something like that at a college so i would imagine she would have a job in that field
Assuming she didn't crack under pressure. Not the toughest of the bunch, her...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

Xanatos wrote:
Based on what?
well, her persona? she's the type of someone that always cling to others, and shy, and can't think straight when nervous.. in Lilly's Arc, Hanako didn't try to stop her by doing something, right? but I think at that time, she already joined the newspaper club.. :?
and hey, it's my thought.. it's normal if someone have other thoughts :)
Can you face your fears?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

mateh1 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Based on what?
well, her persona? she's the type of someone that always cling to others, and shy, and can't think straight when nervous.. in Lilly's Arc, Hanako didn't try to stop her by doing something, right? but I think at that time, she already joined the newspaper club.. :?
I think Hanako wouldn't need to convince her. Hisao was the catalyst for Hanako coming out of her shell. Without him, she has nobody and nothing without Lilly. In Lilly's arc, Hanako had improved quite a bit and made new friends because Hisao drove her to it (knowingly or otherwise). Remove him from the picture and Lilly'd honestly have to be a bit of a bitch to leave her all alone. :lol:
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

Xanatos wrote:
mateh1 wrote:well, her persona? she's the type of someone that always cling to others, and shy, and can't think straight when nervous.. in Lilly's Arc, Hanako didn't try to stop her by doing something, right? but I think at that time, she already joined the newspaper club.. :?
I think Hanako wouldn't need to convince her. Hisao was the catalyst for Hanako coming out of her shell. Without him, she has nobody and nothing without Lilly. In Lilly's arc, Hanako had improved quite a bit and made new friends because Hisao drove her to it (knowingly or otherwise). Remove him from the picture and Lilly'd honestly have to be a bit of a bitch to leave her all alone. :lol:
good point..
without Hisao, I think nothing will change.. (saying that, makes me remember this sentence "Nothing's changed! nothing at all! I hate Lilly! and I.. I hate you more than anyone!" that sentence hit me so hard.. :cry: )
I think it really is a good idea for a fan fiction.. I wonder if anyone ever made a fanfic like this.. :o
Can you face your fears?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think if Hisao hadn't been involved, that Lilly would have either invited Hanako to join her in Scotland, or gone to Shizune and Misha and begged them to help Hanako after she was gone.
Both of which would have made some interesting fics (I wonder how Hanako would react to Hideaki?)

Needless to say Lilly's goodbye would have been a lot more emotional if she'd taken the latter route.

And I really think it would have only taken one "Please don't go" from Hisao or Hanako to get Lilly to say. But they were both just too afraid and didn't think it was their place to say such a thing. Unfortunately Lilly took this as meaning they didn't need her anymore, and went ahead and left.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

pandaphil wrote:I think if Hisao hadn't been involved, that Lilly would have either invited Hanako to join her in Scotland, or gone to Shizune and Misha and begged them to help Hanako for her. Both of which would have made some interesting fics (I wonder how Hanako would have reacted to Hideaki?) Needless to say Lilly's goodbye would have been a lot more emotional if she'd taken the latter route.

And I really think it would have only taken on "Please don't go" from Hisao or Hanako to get Lilly to say. But they were both just too afraid and didn't think it was their place to say such a thing. Unfortunately Lilly took this as meaning they didn't need her anymore, and went ahead and continued with the move.
and boom! you have a plot for a fic! :lol:
Can you face your fears?
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Having a bit of a Rin-moment here, so bear with me...

Hanako: Freelance writer/photographer, assuming that position in the school paper ever lead anywhere. She later takes some extremely revealing photos and writes and article which ends the career of a notable japanese politician, who then proceeds to commit harakiri.

Lilly: Professional interpreter, possibly in the family company. Later a character witness in a murder trial against Jigoro, after he finally snaps and decapitates and then emasculates a man with that katana of his.

Emi: Succesful paralympian. Wins olympic gold in the paralympics, after her running opponent, who initially won the race, tests positive for steroids. Later poses topless on a nude calendar with the rest of her track team's girls, of which the proceeds go to charity to help build a hospital for sick children.

Shizune: Takes over the family business after Jigoro goes to prison for murder. At one point a crooked accountant tries to embezzle money from the company. Rather than deal with the accountant in court, Shizune requests Akira to use some of her yakuza-contacts for Shizune's benefit. Said accountant is never seen again. Later hires a group of mercenaries in a futile attempt to conquer Australia. Starts funding anti-stem cell research organizations.

Misha: Makes her dream of sign-language teaching a reality. Happily married to her wife, Miki Mikado (formerly Miura).

Rin: A starving artist, who crashes at the attic of Sae's art gallery. Rin initially only earns a meager income doing foot modeling for clothes catalogues and fetish sites. Her big breakthrough follows after she finally finds a way to express herself, and creates a successful manga about a warrior chick who roams the land flying a fire-breathing dragon, and bartering her fighting skills for money as a mercenary. The manga is subsequently adapted into a successful anime, making Rin filthy rich. She almost never touches the money.

Kenji: Dies of liver cirrhosis in his late 30's. Unemployed, alone and forgotten by everybody in a small studio apartment that has it's walls full of anti-feminism graffitis.

Hisao: Was the man whom Jigoro killed. The good news is that Hisao luckily didn't have to die of a heart attack.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lilly had to go back to Scotland right? and I think Hanako can't convince her to stay.. so maybe she will be left alone, it's pretty sad..
I wrote a fanfic where Lilly's summoning becomes a concern but that takes place after Hanako's good end. One aspect it touches is the fact that Lilly didn't really want to go to Scotland but was simply lacking a valid excuse to stay in Japan.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

Guest Poster wrote:
Lilly had to go back to Scotland right? and I think Hanako can't convince her to stay.. so maybe she will be left alone, it's pretty sad..
I wrote a fanfic where Lilly's summoning becomes a concern but that takes place after Hanako's good end. One aspect it touches is the fact that Lilly didn't really want to go to Scotland but was simply lacking a valid excuse to stay in Japan.
wait, you're the writer of Sisterhood? whoa.. :o
anyway, that fic takes place after Hanako's good end, right? what IF Hisao never existed in that school? Will Lilly stay? or leave Hanako behind?
Can you face your fears?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

My assumption was that if Hisao hadn't existed and Hanako was still her shut-in self by the time Lilly had to start considering her parents' offer she might tell them she felt that her best friend was still in need of her company as a way to at least temporarily postpone the migration without feeling like a bad daughter, if not putting it off outright. Although it might still be possible that she'd make the concession of offering to come over after graduation rather than in the middle of a school year.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I've thought for a while that Hanako might have gone to Scotland with Lilly if Hisao wasn't a factor in any way.
Anyway, answering the original question does sort of depend on which route. I imagine the Hisao from Rin's route might be doing something entirely different from the Hisao from Shizune's.
I do really like the idea of Hisao and Hanako running a bakery from the Tomorrow Today artbook; I could see that happening. Maybe with both of them doing some writing on the side. Hanako writes historical romances, Hisao writes science fiction. (They once collaborated on a steampunk story.)
Other characters:
Jigoro self-published his autobiography after being unable to find a publisher. It sold extremely well. No one has the heart to tell Jigoro that its sheer over-the-topness made it so popular. (Most people refuse to believe that such a person as Jigoro Hakamichi actually exists.)
Shizune and Misha stayed friends, but Shizune never returned Misha's feelings. Eventually Misha got over it, and found herself a girl who returned her interest. (Misha's new girlfriend has short dark hair and glasses, and tends to wear thigh-high stockings... It's just a coincidence. Honest.)
Kenji wrote a book exposing the feminist conspiracy. It enjoyed similar popularity to Jigoro's, and for similar reasons. (Side note: A meeting between Jigoro and Kenji would be entertaining, in a horrifying, "Oh dear Lord, NO!" sort of way.)
Meiko and the Nurse are happily married, and Emi has an adorable little half-sister now. (Emi still doesn't know the Nurse's actual name.)
Lilly became an English teacher, and still gets love confessions on a regular basis. (From both students and her fellow staff.)
Rin ended up marrying the blind boy from the art club. (Alternately: Rin died from ODing on codeine.)
Suzu got a job as a mattress tester.
Last edited by emmjay on Sun May 26, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

emmjay wrote:I've thought for a while that Hanako might have gone to Scotland with Lilly if Hisao wasn't a factor in any way.
Anyway, answering the original question does sort of depend on which route. I imagine the Hisao from Rin's route might be doing something entirely different from the Hisao from Shizune's.
I do really like the idea of Hisao and Hanako running a bakery from the Tomorrow Today artbook; I could see that happening. Maybe with both of them doing some writing on the side. Hanako writes historical romances, Hisao writes science fiction. (They once collaborated on a steampunk story.)
Other characters:
Jigoro self-published his autobiography after being unable to find a publisher. It sold extremely well. No one has the heart to tell Jigoro that its sheer over-the-topness made it so popular. (Most people refuse to believe that such a person as Jigoro Hakamichi actually exists.)
Shizune and Misha stayed friends, but Shizune never returned Misha's feelings. Eventually Misha got over it, and found herself a girl who returned her interest. (Misha's new girlfriend has short dark hair and glasses, and tends to wear thigh-high stockings.. It's just a coincidence. Honest.)
Kenji wrote a book exposing the feminist conspiracy. It enjoyed similar popularity to Jigoro's, and for similar reasons. (Side note: A meeting between Jigoro and Kenji would be entertaining, in a horrifying, "Oh dear Lord, NO!" sort of way.)
Meiko and the Nurse are happily married, and Emi has an adorable little half-sister now. (Emi still doesn't know the Nurse's actual name.)
Lilly became an English teacher, and still gets love confessions on a regular basis. (From both students and her fellow staff.)
Rin ended up marrying the blind boy from the art club. (Alternately: Rin died from ODing on codeine.)
Suzu got a job as a mattress tester.
you floored my boyfreind with suzus
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13