Had a "Hisao moment" over the weekend

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sennit

Re: Had a "Hisao moment" over the weekend

Post by sennit »

Ultima01 wrote:
sennit wrote:What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Make it through this and you're more badass than before.
I like the sound of that,but then why does every cold/seasonal allergy breakout hit me harder than the last?
Perhaps think about it like increasing your weight at the gym. Going through tougher things and as a result your body will be more kickass than before

maybe

I could be wrong

I don't know....
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Sounds like pretty sound advice to me chibi-emi

Btw I managed to get the avatar thing to work
sennit

Post by sennit »

simmr001 wrote:Sounds like pretty sound advice to me chibi-emi

Well I gave it an honest shot haha. And a great avatar it is :D Even when Hanako is a little angry she's adorable.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

sennit wrote:

Well I gave it an honest shot haha. And a great avatar it is :D Even when Hanako is a little angry she's adorable.
I suppose. It still makes me sad to look at it. :(

But better than her follow up expression I guess. :cry:
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
sennit

Post by sennit »

pandaphil wrote:
sennit wrote:

I suppose. It still makes me sad to look at it. :(

But better than her follow up expression I guess. :cry:
Wouldn't know, I have only seen Hanako's good ending:P I prefer to keep my heart in one piece.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Main reason was my original Image is struggling to shrink and is my backup.

But my other reason is hanako reminds me of zuko from avatar. Parental trauma. Scars which dominate their face and has caused them much ridicule and hatred by their peers. trusting no one apart from one surrogate parent and eventually a love interest. In her bad ending, which I do see as good as the good ending, she stands up for herself and choses her path on her own terms, the same as zuko did against his father.

However I do plan to put another one in as soon as I can. Bear with this one
Atario

Post by Atario »

simmr001 wrote:In her bad ending, which I do see as good as the good ending, she stands up for herself and choses her path on her own terms
I didn't see it that way. I saw it as a destructive acting out, that would do nothing but alienate her only friends in the world. She felt better getting it off her chest for a second, but then the aftermath — back to square zero socially — would inevitably have to be dealt with.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I see it as a reset button for all involved. If they want to salvage the situation, they'll want to do some talking.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

YZQ wrote:I see it as a reset button for all involved. If they want to salvage the situation, they'll want to do some talking.
Exactly, she shakes off their coddling of her, stands up as her own person, and tells them she wants friends not guardians. Am I the only one to see the zuko similarities.

What is it that draws me to socially awkward burn victims.

Edit: finally worked.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

simmr001 wrote:
YZQ wrote:I see it as a reset button for all involved. If they want to salvage the situation, they'll want to do some talking.
Exactly, she shakes off their coddling of her, stands up as her own person, and tells them she wants friends not guardians. Am I the only one to see the zuko similarities.

What is it that draws me to socially awkward burn victims.

Edit: finally worked.
You're drawn to her for the same reason the rest of us are. You're a sympathetic person who wants to help. (I'm sure someone else could explain it better).

What kills me in her bad ending though is that final, painful look, like she really regrets what she said, but realizes its too late to take it back.

I do hope that in the bad ending she'll at least have the courage to talk to Lilly about this, rather than discard her friendship entirely.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun May 05, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

I hope lilly chews hisao out first. Then they both apologise for their actions.

Btw Is it in character if emi finds out what happened and punches him in the face. I got an idea for it but I'm wondering if she'll resort to that level

Oh pandaphil hope that one is easier on the eyes
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

simmr001 wrote:I hope lilly chews hisao out first. Then they both apologise for their actions.

Btw Is it in character if emi finds out what happened and punches him in the face. I got an idea for it but I'm wondering if she'll resort to that level

Oh pandaphil hope that one is easier on the eyes

I don't think Emi would punch him over this. She might get in his face and yell a bit though, for trying to 'help' where he wasn't wanted. I'm not sure if a chewing out would do much good though. I'm sure he feels badly enough already. He and Lilly should definately talk though.

And yes, that pic is much better thanks.

*Wants to reach out and stroke her hair, but this damn computer screen keeps getting in the way!*
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

I know right. :(

I'm trying to think of a way for him to drop that "never my fault" attitude without lilly, who I'm sure will be to busy being concerned for hanako and Angry at him to immediately deal with him. Otherwise part of my fics motive falls flat, as I was going to tie in the other characters too.