What is your story canon?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Carighan

Re: What is your story canon?

Post by Carighan »

My headcanon is very close to the fanfic Reconciliation - it was really odd to read as a result of that :O
Though, more time passed after those events, and the heroines are now 30 / 31.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Until the day arrives that the dev's decide to create an 'official' sequel, we're all free to create whatever personal canon we like. I doesn't have to logical, reasonable, or agree with someone elses. It only has to make you happy. So :x
Of course we're free to create our own. Nobody said we weren't. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

silverstar67 wrote:
Xanatos wrote: There is little to no evidence to back up the claim that Rin wouldn't do the exhibition without Hisao. Nomiya's pressure would be enough given how she is and how overbearing and persistent he'd be about it.

Emi would keep running, and that means she isn't happy. She's running from her problems. That won't magically disappear just because Hisao and Lilly are happy.

Shizune and Misha will still maintain their unhealthy relationship and pretend to be content while not actually being all that content. That doesn't magically disappear either.

Methinks your happy canon is a lie. :P
You're probably right about Rin, but the only thing Emi learns is that she can rely on others to help her. By the end of her story she still maintains most of her original mindset. (It's one of the reasons I like her) She might never find "the one", but I doubt she's going to lose her mind. Also, running doesn't mean she's unhappy, she does it in memory of her father, and because she genuinely enjoys it. Shizune is fine, and Misha will NEVER be happy unless her feeling are requited, so based on what we know, there's no good ending for Misha. :(
Life is hardly perfect for everyone, but It's the best scenario I can think of.
Emi's case is very fluid. It all depends whether she can meet a fellow who changes her mind, or she changes it herself as she gets older.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Emi's case is very fluid. It all depends whether she can meet a fellow who changes her mind, or she changes it herself as she gets older.
Well, post-end, all their cases depend on a lot of things. But he's talking about Lilly's actual ending, and most of them get jack shit there. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lily's Good End probably only affected Shizune, outside of Hanako. The cousins made up, so there are more possibilities from there. But yeah, the rest are still floating on clouds.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
win746

Post by win746 »

As much as Rin being my favourite ending, Lilly's good end seem to have affected all the characters in a good way (more or less). Especially Hanako.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lily's ending (and route) didn't touch on Emi and Rin.

Anyway, Hyacinth is on my list. This one's post Lily's other end.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I've always liked Akira x Hideaki, but I wouldn't say that it's canon. :lol:

This one is also quite good. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

wow this thread is going better than I expected

by the way, I consider the continuity i'm writing in my fan fics (yes they're all in continuity with each-other) to be my personal story canon, with the Hanako X Hisao route (which has caused me to switch around timelines and events like crazy).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I've always liked Akira x Hideaki, but I wouldn't say that it's canon. :lol:
So now I'm reading that...And how old is Hideaki anyway? Because Akira just frenched the kid. >.>
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I've always liked Akira x Hideaki, but I wouldn't say that it's canon. :lol:
So now I'm reading that...And how old is Hideaki anyway? Because Akira just frenched the kid. >.>
He gets pretty damn old. At least, older than he is in Katawa Shoujo. Adult-old.

I won't spoil any more.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
He gets pretty damn old. At least, older than he is in Katawa Shoujo. Adult-old.

I won't spoil any more.
Well, there's been zero mention of any age increase yet so Akira still just tongue-kissed a child. :lol:

And there are a lot of little grammar flaws that keep punting me out of the story. "I walk into Jigoro's room, borrow one of his Pj suits, and hop in bed with him." - Why the hell are you getting in bed with Jigoro, Akira? Grossss.
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

I like to think the Lilly route good ending was the canon. To a lesser extent, perhaps the manly picnic.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

On another note, I have trouble taking in Thanotos's Akira route. Can't really put a finger to it.

Jango

Post by Jango »

I don't take any of them as canon because someone's gonna get hurt depending on whose route you use as a base.

For example, I didn't notice it that much at first, but you can tell from hints in the dialogue that Shizune has a crush on Hisao, and the stuff she does to help outside of her route is her trying to get him to notice her. Emi never gets her issues resolved if you don't do her route which can only be harmful to her. Lilly and Hanako continue on their harmful mother-daughter relationship until Lilly moves to Scotland and Hanako is left with no one. I guess Rin doesn't have it so bad, but the neutral ending shows that she really is quite lonely and can't do anything about it.

I guess if I REALLY had to pick, Lilly's good route at least makes sure Hanako is kinda alright as well, but it's my least favorite route, so I'm conflicted there.