Hanako's presents

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hanako's presents

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Okay fuck it, I'm wrong as usual. Forget I ever said anything! :evil:
Yes, you should be angry. You posted in a public place and got a response. How DARE people respond to your public posts! Such a truly terrible fate.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

I don't know, there's just a feeling that a doll and a teddy bear is a bit childish compared to the expensive doll and the chess set. So I prefer Hanako's route presents more. Childish isn't a bad thing though, it makes the scene cute. :lol:

On topic: $200 isn't that bad if you really care about the person you're buying for, atleast that's what I think. I actually bought a gift for nearly $200 before..........
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Xanatos wrote:But it's interesting to know that an expensive doll is magically less childish. :P
Those porcelain dolls can be expensive as hell really, but more importantly, woe if you so much as touch them with anything less than silken gloves while a collector is nearby. Somehow they carry the tone of "SRSBZ".
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Carighan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:But it's interesting to know that an expensive doll is magically less childish. :P
Those porcelain dolls can be expensive as hell really, but more importantly, woe if you so much as touch them with anything less than silken gloves while a collector is nearby. Somehow they carry the tone of "SRSBZ".
Srsbz? They're just goddamn creepy. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Carighan wrote:
When they cost that much money, it counts. I think of Warhammer 40K games as these as well.

Some fellows love Uncanny Valley, Xan.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:Srsbz? They're just goddamn creepy. :lol:
*Works Googles Magic*

Welp, I'm having nightmares tonight.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

That's Uncanny Valley fetish for ya.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Jango

Post by Jango »

I think the chessboard was probably the best present for Hanako, if only because it was like Hisao gave her a gift that was relevant to her interests. Regardless of which doll she got, I really didn't see any indication that she liked dolls in the game, and it was more like she just kept whatever Lilly gave her.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Jango wrote:I think the chessboard was probably the best present for Hanako, if only because it was like Hisao gave her a gift that was relevant to her interests. Regardless of which doll she got, I really didn't see any indication that she liked dolls in the game, and it was more like she just kept whatever Lilly gave her.

The doll kind of seems cruel in a way. The way they walk on eggshells around her and treat her, she's like a doll...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I think the dolls represent good memories to her, much like the chessboard.

Funny. I always thought girls abuse their dolls.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Its nice to find out that maybe my comment wasn't so stupid after all. Thanks guys. I was just thinking that with her comments at the end of her route, and of course the bad ending about Lilly babying her, that while she'd love the teddy bear, she'd appreciate more 'grown up' and personal presents like the chess set, and the charm for her phone. Those just seem more fitting for a girl who just turned 18.

And I think a woman of any age would appreciate an expensive, finely crafted collectors doll.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:I think the dolls represent good memories to her, much like the chessboard.

Funny. I always thought girls abuse their dolls.
I saw a doll have its head removed and filled with nails. A boy did it, and the girl cried.

We got kicked out of that house...

I'd have bought Hanako a Phantom mask.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:I'd have bought Hanako a Phantom mask.
Couldn't resist...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I'll get her the screenplay for ALW's play, to go with the mask.

phil posted this first. But, here's round two.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'd also buy her a chocolate chess set.