Hanako's presents

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pisceanreve

Hanako's presents

Post by pisceanreve »

who spends $50-$200 dollars on a friend's present, especially in high school??
That's all I'm sayin'...
Xanatos

Re: Hanako's presents

Post by Xanatos »

Someone with a blind friend who gets money from her rich family. Or a blind girl who gets money from her rich family. Also, they'd probably use yen, not dollars... :P

Also people who don't mind price when it comes to meaningful gestures.

On another note...$50 doesn't even buy a video game and you're really suggesting that's an excessive amount? :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

You haven't seen my marching band's Secret Santa. $800 5 foot teddy bear. Crazy plushy, too.

And it isn't so much price, but worth. The point of those scenes were to find something that would be meaningful to Hanako, no?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

People who care enough about their friends to spend a lot of money on them for a nice gift, not that it matters how valuable a gift is. It's the thought that counts, really. Hisao and Lilly got Hanako gifts that would remind her of her wonderful friends. Memories are priceless.
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

well I figured 5000-200000 yen=$50-200
lol my friends and I spend like 25-30 maybe 40 on each other
yeah I know the point of the scene XD I just thought it was funny that Hisao (I understood Lily, of course haha) could even shell out that much
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I can't remember exactly, but did Hisao muse to himself the belt-tightening he had to do because of the gift?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, Hisao did squirm a bit over the cost. But he thought it was the perfect gift, so he decided to bite the bullet. I've done that a few times when I found something a friend would really enjoy.

As for Lilly, $200 is probably pocket change.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pisceanreve wrote:well I figured 5000-200000 yen=$50-200
yeah I know the point of the scene XD I just thought it was funny that Hisao (I understood Lily, of course haha) could even shell out that much
5000¥ is $50.88, 200000¥ is quite a bit more than $200, try $2035.21 :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:
I believe it was 20,000¥ in the VN.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
I believe it was 20,000¥ in the VN.

Yen to dollar conversion is pretty easy. Just go to the end of the number , move left two digits, and add a period. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

In both routes, Hanako liked whatever she was given.

I still want to see Shizune teaching her some chess moves.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

In some ways, she's grown up way more than is healthy. That's probably why she likes cute stuff, as she didn't get to be a child very often after the fire.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:On a similar note, did anyone prefer the presents in Hanako's route over Lilly's? A doll and a teddy bear seemed like awfully childish presents. While an expensive doll and nice chess set = classy.
If she liked it, she liked it. Class is irrelevant.

But it's interesting to know that an expensive doll is magically less childish. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Okay fuck it, I'm wrong as usual. Forget I ever said anything! :evil:
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Have to go with Xan there, phil.