What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Loonie

Re: Which song moved you the most?

Post by Loonie »

Romance in Andante II in Rin's path.

I've seen certain wishes floating about the internet that the scene in which it plays shouldn't have happened the way it did and that only the part that happens afterwards was needed. But for me nothing could be further from the truth. Not only is the song my favourite of the whole track, but it also goes perfectly with the setting. Moreso, I'd say, than when it triggers in Lilly's path - over there it comes during a moment of great fear and anxiety being finally released in a torrent of tears.

But in Rin's path it comes during a moment that is very much like the song itself. When Hisao's mind finally gets a measure of peace, yet still has trouble letting go of all his worries. Reflecting this in the song is a calming bass line played with the left hand while the right flutters nervously in the mid and high notes. It is, for a lack of a better word, perfect in my view.
Earl_of_Grey

Post by Earl_of_Grey »

Oh, damn, so many feels...

Painful History remains the strongest for me, because I flash back toHanako's explanation of the fire that took her parents....the innocent drawings expressing so much pain with such simple crayon, the idea of her mother burning as she was wrapped around and shielding Hanako, the whole horrid ordeal she went through,
When I hear those first few notes playing, I get taken right back and feel it all over again.

Points also go to 'Moment of Decision', it seems to always play when everything I thought I knew in a girl's arc hits the fan....especially Emi's arc, as OP mentioned. All the subtle discontent and worries that seem to be bubbling away for Emi suddenly rear up, and the girl you thought you were helping, who you only want to see happy, is now upset because of you/Hisao. It cuts, deeply. Those notes pouring out seem to have a real intensity, like the feel of tears flowing uncontrollably. IT can't be stopped, only endured.

On less depressing notes, 'Concord' and 'Red Velvet' move me in the opposite direction, calming and cheering me when all hope seems lost....yes, I'm a Lilly-lover, why do you ask? :oops:

Both of them make me feel like I'm in an abandoned classroom, drinking tea and philosophising with my blonde-haired beauty. Siiiiiiigh, *goes to happy place*
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Earl_of_Grey wrote: On less depressing notes, 'Concord' and 'Red Velvet' move me in the opposite direction, calming and cheering me when all hope seems lost....yes, I'm a Lilly-lover, why do you ask? :oops:

Both of them make me feel like I'm in an abandoned classroom, drinking tea and philosophising with my blonde-haired beauty. Siiiiiiigh, *goes to happy place*
Thanks for bringing in a positive vibe! In hindsight i feel stupid for not doing it myself! :?
Share your feelings on 'Concord'. I still see her sitting in that classroom in perfect tranquility every time i hear the song, just so lovely. Wouldn't mind sitting there with her all day long. Even though, for some reason, i'm definetly no Lilly-lover :lol: (i think there's something wrong with me :( )

@Loonie
That's exactly how i think about certain songs. I like all of them, but some just don't fit/fit so well in the scenes they're put in in my opinion. They don't live up to it or release the same amount of 'feels' for me. Though, maybe it's because i played a certain storyline first and that became the norm? So that became the best by default to me... Can't realy verify since the first line i played is indeed the one i still perceive as the best fitting song+scene.
Sometimes i believe i overthink these things :lol:
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

(prefacing this with that i've only recently gotten KS and have only finished shizune's route not an hour ago...)

The song that moved me the most was shadow of truth during looking ahead. I knew the previous decision was going to be either destroy everything or save it and well....lets just say I dont know what I would have done if Misha had committed suicide. The deepseated issues of depression and how hasao was pulled up out of his by people who have even more issues....well you know how this all goes. (I'm still debating whether or not to go back and find out of she did so please no spoilers ^^; )

p.s. I watched chilled play through the majority of hanako's arc and I understand that there are alot of feels in the other arcs but....I still feel like shizune's is overshadowed and deserves better. Hopefully i'm right about this because if lilly's arc is so much more deep than this one is than I don't know if i can handle that either T.T
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
sennit wrote:Yeah it was more of an absurd speculation after the fact. No more.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome tot he board Thecakewuzalie. I think a lot of us agree that Shuzune and Misha got shafted in her story, and deserved better. Its probably why they feature in so many fanfics.

Yeah, the feels in Lilly's arc are pretty intense (Emi's too if you haven't done her yet). But trust me, they're worth it. We've all been there and we've survived. :)

But just rememeber, if you need someone to talk to about your feelings, we're here for ya.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

pandaphil wrote:Welcome tot he board Thecakewuzalie. I think a lot of us agree that Shuzune and Misha got shafted in her story, and deserved better. Its probably why they feature in so many fanfics.

Yeah, the feels in Lilly's arc are pretty intense (Emi's too if you haven't done her yet). But thrust me, they're worth it. We've all been there and we've survived. :)

But just rememeber, if you need someone to talk to about your feelings, we're here for ya.
Thanks ^^, and do you mean as in that they were shafted by the community reaction or in the actual story itself?
pandaphil wrote:thrust me
umm.....but...i barely just met y-HNNNNNG
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

thecakewuzalie wrote:
Thanks ^^, and do you mean as in that they were shafted by the community reaction or in the actual story itself?
In the story mostly. Fans are just reacting to that. Shame its too late to go back and add more depth.

umm.....but...i barely just met y-HNNNNNG

Grrrr. Stupid typos.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

@Thecakewuzalie
Like Panda said, i'm quite new here as well and have found my stay here very enjoyable so far. The people here are very approachable :)
And welcome on my account as well^^
thecakewuzalie wrote:(prefacing this with that i've only recently gotten KS and have only finished shizune's route not an hour ago...)

The song that moved me the most was shadow of truth during looking ahead. I knew the previous decision was going to be either destroy everything or save it and well....lets just say I dont know what I would have done if Misha had committed suicide. The deepseated issues of depression and how hasao was pulled up out of his by people who have even more issues....well you know how this all goes. (I'm still debating whether or not to go back and find out of she did so please no spoilers ^^; )
Had her happy ending as well :) And i will NEVER go down her bad ending, i just loved it too much.
Just my thoughts: i don't think Misha would have ever done such a drastic thing. She said she never wanted to hurt neither Hisao nor Shizune, but she just didn't know what to do anymore. As if every option for a happy ending was stolen from her. But, you know how it all turns out :) Love that final pic of them three!^^

As far as appreciation for the different arcs go, i think it's quite personal tbh.
People might declare me insane and call me a 'heretic' :lol: but i'm just about through with Lilly's arc... and well; as things are now, this is my preference of best/most enjoyable stories i've read so far:
1) Shizune's arc 2) Emi's and at 3)Lilly's.
I wont go into much detail why this is, most likely i'll give this a thorough post(maybe thread? :wink: )so people might get me back on track :lol:
Basicly Lilly doesn't realy appeal to me... And i hate the fact that she doesn't :(

And a fair warning, i picked Shizune's arc because i deliberatly wanted one that was less emotionaly draining. You're in for some wonderful, heartbreaking and just allround amazing 'feels' my friend :wink:
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

@Cake: I believe Shizune's route is the most merciful when talking about feels. It definitely does have some feel moments, and I did find myself flustered during her route, and maybe even teary eyed at one point, but I think the other routes are significantly more emotional in my humble opinion. Especially Lilly's. And if we're talking deep, try Rin's route. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely a story that will screw with your mind. I personally think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced ever, but I'm pretty damn Rin biased. Others might have noticed...

Oh yeah, and I love the picture you supplied. Legend of Korra, FUCK YEAH! ^_^ That show has it's share of feel moments. The ending of season one... darkest, most emotional thing I've EVER seen in a Nickelodeon cartoon. Sweet baby Jesus...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

thecakewuzalie wrote:I watched chilled play...
*SLAP* Quit. Watching. People. Play. The. Fucking. Game. God. Dammit. :evil:

On a lighter note, welcome and have some chocolate.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

Xanatos wrote:

T.T sniff* but...but what if i cant afford to buy every game I want to play...and I'd never heard of this vn before (let alone vn's at all) ....IM PLAYING IT NOW OKAY >////<
pandaphil wrote: Grrrr. Stupid typos.
sorry, had to do it X3
Merloficus wrote:@Thecakewuzalie
Like Panda said, i'm quite new here as well and have found my stay here very enjoyable so far. The people here are very approachable :)
And welcome on my account as well^^

Had her happy ending as well :) And i will NEVER go down her bad ending, i just loved it too much.
Just my thoughts: i don't think Misha would have ever done such a drastic thing. She said she never wanted to hurt neither Hisao nor Shizune, but she just didn't know what to do anymore. As if every option for a happy ending was stolen from her. But, you know how it all turns out :) Love that final pic of them three!^^

As far as appreciation for the different arcs go, i think it's quite personal tbh.
People might declare me insane and call me a 'heretic' :lol: but i'm just about through with Lilly's arc... and well; as things are now, this is my preference of best/most enjoyable stories i've read so far:
1) Shizune's arc 2) Emi's and at 3)Lilly's.
I wont go into much detail why this is, most likely i'll give this a thorough post(maybe thread? :wink: )so people might get me back on track :lol:
Basicly Lilly doesn't realy appeal to me... And i hate the fact that she doesn't :(

And a fair warning, i picked Shizune's arc because i deliberatly wanted one that was less emotionaly draining. You're in for some wonderful, heartbreaking and just allround amazing 'feels' my friend :wink:
KeiichiO wrote:@Cake: I believe Shizune's route is the most merciful when talking about feels. It definitely does have some feel moments, and I did find myself flustered during her route, and maybe even teary eyed at one point, but I think the other routes are significantly more emotional in my humble opinion. Especially Lilly's. And if we're talking deep, try Rin's route. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely a story that will screw with your mind. I personally think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced ever, but I'm pretty damn Rin biased. Others might have noticed...

Oh yeah, and I love the picture you supplied. Legend of Korra, ^_^ That show has it's share of feel moments. The ending of season one... darkest, most emotional thing I've EVER seen in a Nickelodeon cartoon. Sweet baby Jesus...
I've given it some thought and I think (although this may be based on mostly speculation) that you may be right in that the others are more "emotional". Its just that I think personally I really connected with Shizune more than the other characters. Especially with myself having dealt with the whole, leaving everyone at highschool thing and moving on in your life and deciding what you want to do trauma relatively recently. Also I relate to the whole worried about friends leaving and possibly never having been friends thing and because of these things I got more emotionally involved. Although it would probably help to say that i'm a fairly emotional person as it is in that like how shizune will put every aota of energy into a task, i put myself entirely into the situations of the characters of stories I really get into ( not like where its psychological or clinical or anything, i think i just get a little more involved in good stories personally than some which multiplies feel factors for meh.) soooooooooo long story short I guess I'm shizunebiased ^^.

heres a cute thing for your troubles
Last edited by thecakewuzalie on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

thecakewuzalie wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

T.T sniff* but...but what if i cant afford to buy every game I want to play...and I'd never heard of this vn before (let alone vn's at all) ....IM PLAYING IT NOW OKAY >////<
...It's free. How could you not afford... :lol: God dammit. *pats head* Good boy. :3

I just pirate games I want until I get the cash to afford them. Call it an extended demo, gives me time to decide if it's actually worth the price. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

Xanatos wrote: ...It's free. How could you not afford... :lol: God dammit. *pats head* Good boy. :3

I just pirate games I want until I get the cash to afford them. Call it an extended demo, gives me time to decide if it's actually worth the price. :lol:

think about it this way, i would have never have found KS ( for a while at least) if it hadn't been for that. ...sooo YEAH!
did....did you say pirating?....bwahaha >:3 an excuse for moar gifs
http://gifsound.com/?gif=http%3A%2F%2Fi ... Y&start=36
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

thecakewuzalie wrote:
Xanatos wrote: ...It's free. How could you not afford... :lol: God dammit. *pats head* Good boy. :3

think about it this way, i would have never have found KS ( for a while at least) if it hadn't been for that. ...sooo YEAH!
did....did you say pirating?....bwahaha >:3 an excuse for moar gifs
http://gifsound.com/?gif=http%3A%2F%2Fi ... Y&start=36
I like you already. I think we're going to get along swimmingly :3