Which song moved you the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Merloficus

Which song moved you the most?

Post by Merloficus »

Hello everyone! Been enjoying KS for about 4 months now, reading it every now and then, not blasing through it. You could say i'm trying to savor the experience :D I've currently read Emi's storyline(first), Shizune's(second) and am going through Lilly's at this moment.
I think we can all agree that the music in KS is top notch! Have'nt read any other VN, but i just can't say anything bad about the music :) Go find that Enigmatic Box of Sound and find out yourself! :D

Note! this will of course contain some spoilers! :wink:

Now onto the question! :)
Every arc has a certain plottwist(can i call it that?)in it, which, when it is revealed, is usually suported by a very sad piece of music. And then some pieces later on as it is explained.
Which one got to you the most and in which storyline?

Of course i'll go first :) : WARNING: wall of text incoming! :wink:
For me, it definetly has to be Moment of Decision in Emi's storyline. The buildup to that particular scene realy made me curious as to what was going to happen, already giving me some fears. But when you finaly get to the scene, you open her dormroom door and the music starts playing... it hit me. This could only end badly, Emi even says something among those very lines :( However, at this point you(being Hisao) still don't realy know why she's reacting in such a manner or why this is all happeneng. Which made this part so much stronger in my opnion.
And i don't know if it's just me, or if the devs deliberatly planned this; but the moment Emi started saying:"So you want to fix me Hisao?..." the song just hit 1min 55 secs for me... And i lost it... :cry: i already felt the tears welling up in my eyes before that, but the moment it hit 1 min 55 secs... i started crying... I honestly couldn't even remember the last time i cried like that. Those few senteces Emi says in combination with THAT part of the track, realy destroyed me.

I remember thinking to myself: "why?!?! Please Emi no! Don't do this" It just moved me that much. And no, i'm not the kind of person that wishes she was real. Heck no. But for some reason, i realy got entangled in her story and felt very passionate about it.

Selfevident when the same track started playing in Shizune's arc, which is completely different to Emi's. (in my opnion, one's more about true love where the other focuses more on friendship) I loved Shizune's arc, every bit of it! But frankly, coming from Emi this track just felt out of place in it. The moment it started playing i was like: What? this isn't nearly sad/hard enough to be worthy of this track. if Shizune isn't lesbian and Misha is in love with her, i can't realy be heartbroken over the fact that Shizune doesn't cherish the same feelings as Misha. Doesn't make me happy either, but it certainly didn't nearly end my life from emotional overload! :P

Even now, about 3 months after i finished Emi's Story(i take breaks after each one), i STILL can't listen to Moment of Decision without shedding a tear. I know, stupid isn't it? I just find it so beautiful and moving. I can't help it.

And there you have it! :)
Sorry again for the long read. I get carried away in these kind of things, but i also felt it important to mention the scenes it was in since imo music amplifies the moment and vice versa.
I probably haven't heard all the songs there are, since i haven't completed the game yet. So i might have missed a gem somewhere *looking at you Hanako*. Nevertheless i'm looking forward to your "favorites" :wink: and silently hope that i'm not the only one who underwent this :D

Merloficus
SirSlaughter

Re: Which song moved you the most?

Post by SirSlaughter »

Oh man, wait until you fnish off Lillies story (From what I heard it is one of teh 2 most "feels" generating arc, Hanako being the number 1)

Just you wait until yo fnish those 2 arcs, you will truly get hit hard.

Play Hanako and then listen to "Painful History". I feel that this is the most powerful track in the game.
"Jitter" "Romance in Andante" Shadow of the Truth" and "moment of Decision" were my other favs in terms of how powerful they felt to me.
ImageImage
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Painful History is a pretty strong one, but I kind of out grew that. It's still an amazing, emotion-packed song, and one of my favorites, but it doesn't effect me like it used to.

The song that hits me the most is Innocence. Emotions just overwhelm my entire body when this song plays. I don't even understand what goes on inside me when I listen to the gorgeous tune, but it's truly a beautiful feeling that reduces me to tears nearly every time. Outstanding piece of art.

On a slightly different note, a fraction of myself dies every time Out of the Loop plays...
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Moment of Decision, Jitter, Painful History & Romance in Andante. :)

Shizune's/Hanako's/Demo/Lilly's
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Innocence, and Comfort both turn me into the Pavlov's Dog of tears within the first few notes, simply because of their use in the last ten minutes of Hanako's route.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:Innocence, and Comfort both turn me into the Pavlov's Dog of tears within the first few notes, simply because of their use in the last ten minutes of Hanako's route.
I'm right with you there.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I love all of the songs, but Breathlessly is probably my favorite. I love the simplicity of it.

Air Guitar comes in a close second.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Unfortunately, the song that moved me the most doesn't actually exist in the game. When I first played through (Lilly's path), my brain kept mixing up Innocence and Lullaby of Open Eyes into this mashed-up thing that stayed in my head for days. I have no way of expressing how it went, and ever since I got the songs straightened out I don't actually remember the merged version very well, but it managed to be heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

Note that these are still my two favorite songs from the game, but the thread is about what moved me most.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

From all your replies it seems like the "worst" is still to come... :wink:
Oh man, wait until you fnish off Lillies story (From what I heard it is one of teh 2 most "feels" generating arc, Hanako being the number 1)
Maybe, i'm still kinda early in Lilly's path. And this might just be me, but at the start i didn't realy like her path at all. some feud between families, not seeing her own family often... That's a very close resemblance to my personal life. And i don't want to read about that, i realy don't.
But the story's growing on me, realy liked the Hanako B-day scene :)
About Hanako, i have no doubts. 100% sure that's a real tearjerker :lol:
Just hope i'm not going to hell if Lilly doesn't appeal to me :shock:
The song that hits me the most is Innocence. Emotions just overwhelm my entire body when this song plays. I don't even understand what goes on inside me when I listen to the gorgeous tune, but it's truly a beautiful feeling that reduces me to tears nearly every time. Outstanding piece of art.
I SOOOO agree with you on that one, only reason i didn't pick it is because it made me all happy and tingly inside when it played in Emi's arc. It never gets me down, ever!
Innocence, and Comfort both turn me into the Pavlov's Dog of tears within the first few notes, simply because of their use in the last ten minutes of Hanako's route.
Surpring to see comfort as such an emotional powerhouse, i guess i'm realy in for a big feel when i eventualy read her story
I love all of the songs, but Breathlessly is probably my favorite. I love the simplicity of it.
Thanks for reminding me, almost completely forgot that one. :shock: I think all songs are actualy rather simple, it's part of what makes them so enjoyable. Once i hear them it's hard to turn of the music in my head :P
Unfortunately, the song that moved me the most doesn't actually exist in the game. When I first played through (Lilly's path), my brain kept mixing up Innocence and Lullaby of Open Eyes into this mashed-up thing that stayed in my head for days. I have no way of expressing how it went, and ever since I got the songs straightened out I don't actually remember the merged version very well, but it managed to be heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.
Might want to ask Nicol Armarfi to try and mash the twoo together :wink:

One thing does surprise me though, nobody mentioned anything out of Rin's arc. Not that emotionaly loaded or something? Asking since i deliberatly went for Shizune after Emi because i wanted something less tearproducing :wink:
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

Merloficus wrote: One thing does surprise me though, nobody mentioned anything out of Rin's arc.
Aria de l'Etoile during Rin's good ending. Oh sweet lordy.

Granted, that song isn't exclusive to her path, but it really got burned into my brain during that final scene, and now whenever it plays in other paths it takes me right back there...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Looking forward to seeing your future thoughts on Lilly and Hanako. Really, those two are tied for my favorites. No surprise since they're characters are so closely linked.

And yeah, Comfort isn't that emotional a song in itself. But like Fubard said, as soon as I hear it, I'm right back there in Hanako's good ending and those feelings all come rushing back. :cry:
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

For me the most moving song is Wiosna.
Being the title music, it's the song you hear after every ending. It brings back all the feels.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Shadow of the Truth

Hear it once, zone out. Hear it twice, in a trance. Hear it more than that, heartbroken.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Fubard wrote:
Merloficus wrote: One thing does surprise me though, nobody mentioned anything out of Rin's arc.
Oh yes. Cried like a baby. My god, was it beautiful...
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Looking forward to seeing your future thoughts on Lilly and Hanako. Really, those two are tied for my favorites. No surprise since they're characters are so closely linked.
Don't want to keep you waiting too long for it, but i do take breaks between every story so it will be a while before i reach Hanako :wink: I know it sounds silly, but i just can't start immediatly after i've finished one. It's like they're still too fresh on my mind, almost feels like betraying them :?
Am looking forward to Lilly's. With all the things i've read, it would be almost impossible not to get moved by her story. Guess i'll find out soon enough! :)
For me the most moving song is Wiosna.
It's not what i had in mind in this thread, but i feel you. I can completely relate to you on that one...
Have the same kind of love/hate relationship with Romance in Andante. I just love the song! But at the same time it always gets me down. Since when you hear that one, it heralds that your story is now over. Always think to myself: couldn't the devs have written a little bit more? just a little bit?! :(
On the bright side, means they've done a hell of a good job when i react like that :lol:

Granted, that song isn't exclusive to her path, but it really got burned into my brain during that final scene, and now whenever it plays in other paths it takes me right back there...
And yeah, Comfort isn't that emotional a song in itself. But like Fubard said, as soon as I hear it, I'm right back there in Hanako's good ending and those feelings all come rushing back. :cry:
It's just amazing how much music can strenghten/magnify a moment or an emotion. And darn it, seems there's no path left where my feels will be safe now that Rin's officialy joined the "club" :wink: