Which song moved you the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MegaMoto

Re: Which song moved you the most?

Post by MegaMoto »

Moment of decision is pretty good. However I like painful history more I think they're both great though. Also Red Velvet is so smooth I love it. I think out of all the songs though parity "moves" me the most. Every time I hear it I smile. Got to give a shout out to Letting my Heart Speak that one is pretty touching to.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

The song I enjoy the most would have to be Ease. I think its a wonderful upbeat tune that reminds me of a bright summer day. I often listen to it on bright summer days while I ride my bike around town. As for a song that hit hard, I'd have to say Shadow of the Truth in Lilly's route hit me the hardest. The first time I heard it during that scene with Akira... I swear I felt my heart stop beating for a good 5 seconds. I still have trouble reading that scene and the song itself, while still a great piece, sends ripples through my spine.
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Gredd18 wrote:Caged Heart and Shadow of the Truth just turn my heart to ice and tear it apart. Wiosna makes me sad because I know that I've just finished a route, and I'll never get those feels again....
Caged Heart, Shadow of the Truth and Wiosna are the most moving for me too for pretty much the same reasons. Moment of decision isn't far behind. Also, about the feels, I thought so too but try completing the other paths with all of the endings, and waiting for some time before you replay your favorite route, and then start again. You'll get your feels. :wink:
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Gredd18

Post by Gredd18 »

Seeker91 wrote:
Gredd18 wrote:Caged Heart and Shadow of the Truth just turn my heart to ice and tear it apart. Wiosna makes me sad because I know that I've just finished a route, and I'll never get those feels again....
Caged Heart, Shadow of the Truth and Wiosna are the most moving for me too for pretty much the same reasons. Moment of decision isn't far behind. Also, about the feels, I thought so too but try completing the other paths with all of the endings, and waiting for some time before you replay your favorite route, and then start again. You'll get your feels. :wink:
I'm still getting over my current feels, and I don't want to.
Hanako>The rest of them. 'Cause Hurt/Comfort is best thing. And I Love Hanako.
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Gredd18 wrote:
Seeker91 wrote:
I'm still getting over my current feels, and I don't want to.
Well, you know best, I'm just suggesting that you wait a while, maybe urge a friend to play the game too, that will certainly make you feel better and start up some nice discussions, and maybe try replaying at some time later.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Gredd18

Post by Gredd18 »

Yeah, I'm not looking for 100% at the moment. I just want to complete most/all of the routes naturally, then aim for good/netural/bad after that.
Hanako>The rest of them. 'Cause Hurt/Comfort is best thing. And I Love Hanako.
Paflick

Post by Paflick »

I didn't bother to read through all the thread, so I didn't see if this was posted yet (Although I'm sure it had to have been at some point).

My personal favorite song in the game is Sarabande from BWV1010, Musicbox. Just the connotations of that song had me... Chopping onions.

Although I am also a huge fan of Generic Happy Music. Mostly because of the name. Yeah, mostly the name.
Telnaior

Post by Telnaior »

My biggest trouble with KS, in the end, is that my mind leaves it completely overshadowed by Higurashi. :V
For example, I see the title of this thread, and immediately think "oh I know", only to get You (Thanks) stuck in my head.
Then I think harder and I realise "pretty sure I should be saying Moment of Decision here?", only to get Conviction stuck in my head.
I'M GOOD AT THIS.
After having gone through the entire KS soundtrack again, though, I would have to say that it is indeed Moment of Decision.
Completion: Emi-Shizune-Lilly-Shizune(again)-Hanako-Rin
Enjoyability: Shizune>>Lilly>Hanako>Rin>>Emi
MrZAP

Post by MrZAP »

Hm. Well, I think Shadow of the Truth might be the best piece, and Painful History is very high up there too, but honestly I think it has to be Cold Iron.

Note that I still haven't completed all the routes yet (still have to do most of Rin, all of Lilly, and Hanako's neutral and bad endings) but I listen to the score when not playing the game as well, so I've heard all but a couple of songs, and since I play them in general I associate the pieces with more than just the events in the game. Take Painful History, for example. It still makes me think of Hanako and her past, but it also brings up emotions apart from that. And Cold Iron does that more than any other piece for me. It just... it makes me think about a lot. So it definitely has the biggest impact.

Innocence, Breathlessly, Aria de l'Etoile, Comfort, Friendship, Moment of Decision, Stride, Afternoon, and Raindrops and Puddles are also high up there. Honestly, as someone who enjoys film and game scores quite a lot, this is quite a good one all around, though there are a couple of tracks I'm not crazy about (High Tension, I'm looking at you). It's very good at complementing the story to bring about a strong emotional impact, both during the happy scenes and the sad ones.
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

The songs in KS are generally fantastic anyway.
Personally the ones which moved me the most would be in order

-Painful History (The tears :cry: )
-Shadow of the truth
-Moment of decision

But as I said most of the songs are brilliant.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadow of the Truth ruined me. :cry:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Oh yeah, how could I forget? Innocence moved the living shit out of me too.

P.S. : Amarfi is a genius.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Seeker91 wrote:Oh yeah, how could I forget? Innocence moved the living shit out of me too.
Mhm. Powerful notes.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Crawford wrote:The songs in KS are generally fantastic anyway.
Personally the ones which moved me the most would be in order

-Painful History (The tears :cry: )
-Shadow of the truth
-Moment of decision

But as I said most of the songs are brilliant.
This. Also Breathlessly is right after moment of decision, for me. Those songs always touch my soul :(
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

Holy shit the feels.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.