Which song moved you the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Celtar

Re: Which song moved you the most?

Post by Celtar »

[quote=Imperial_Sheep post_id=240967 time=1532314440 user_id=20996]
I would have to say Wiosna. It reminds me of the VN in its entirety. It's the first song you hear. It brings to mind a relaxing spring afternoon reading a book.

Wiosna was a really nice song that was just a relaxing tune to listen to, and it played into the calm moments of the VN which gave it a really homey comfy feeling to the experience.

I revisit this forum now and again, I like to hear peoples different opinions on their favoruite song and reasonings. I still love this game so much and the OST is still something I love listening to still.

Hope everyone stays safe during the Covid-19 outbreak and stays inside, maybe even play some more Katawa Shoujo :)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think Jitter (the theme from Hanako's animation) packs the most emotional punch.

Cold Iron stands out too.

On a more positive side... Concord and Lullaby of Open Eyes.
Not Dead Yet
Akko2099

Post by Akko2099 »

Breathlessly

and

Letting my heart speak.

Both stayed with me even after finishing the game.
Rin > Hanako > Lilly > Emi > Misha > Saki > Miki > Yuuko > Akira > Hideaki > Kenji > Shizune
fsnowdin

Post by fsnowdin »

Air Guitar seems to be woefully underrated here compared to Breathlessly or Moment of Decision (though I do love them btw).

I really have no idea when I started to love the simple melody of Air Guitar. If I have to say it, it's when the song played during the stroll through the forest path with Lilly and Hanako in Hokkaido. It's peaceful and unimaginably simple yet captivating. The song itself only lasts just a bit longer than a minute but somehow even after hundreds of listens ingame and after I finished Katawa Shoujo, the song still brings me tranquility every single time the guitar notes slowly starts to come in.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Concord on a positive side, this song is wonderful.

On a more negative side, Moment of Decision and Cold Iron....
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
fsnowdin

Post by fsnowdin »

Razoredge wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:58 am Concord on a positive side, this song is wonderful.

On a more negative side, Moment of Decision and Cold Iron....
Concord always make me tear up a bit inside every time I hear it, especially when the middle part comes in. Good times were had with the wonderful Lilly.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Best song from the OST, period.
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
fsnowdin

Post by fsnowdin »

Razoredge wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:34 pm Best song from the OST, period.
Nah, that title obviously belong to the infamous To Become One.
StillHere3603

Post by StillHere3603 »

fsnowdin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:33 am Air Guitar seems to be woefully underrated here compared to Breathlessly or Moment of Decision (though I do love them btw).

I really have no idea when I started to love the simple melody of Air Guitar. If I have to say it, it's when the song played during the stroll through the forest path with Lilly and Hanako in Hokkaido. It's peaceful and unimaginably simple yet captivating. The song itself only lasts just a bit longer than a minute but somehow even after hundreds of listens ingame and after I finished Katawa Shoujo, the song still brings me tranquility every single time the guitar notes slowly starts to come in.
I agree. Air Guitar also really does define the tranquil side of Rin's route with Hisao exploring the art room or taking in the mural's details or listening to Sae and Nomiya talking about art and artists. It's like a light hearted "take in the surroundings and details" piece that very much compliments the route's observant nature. There are some other pieces that are also like this. The soundtrack of the game manages to effectively cover and show the wide spectrum of emotion ranging from tranquil to warm and driven to tensed. It's really nice.