What would your disability be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Numb

Re: What would your disability be?

Post by Numb »

I guess I am kind of cheating considering I have the condition in real life, but I would just have CIP - Congenital Insensitivity to Pain - as it can actually be really dangerous. An easy example I use to prove this to people is the fact that my appendix could be enflammed right now, and having an inability to feel pain, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Anyway, I don't know if it is classes as a disability or not, but it is a real condition. If I had to choose something more fancy though, I think I would probably go with arm amputee, I am flexible enough to adapt so don't see much of an issue in it personally. Hell, after seeing Rin for the first time I decided to eat lunch with my feet, and did it! :lol:

Edit: Just looked through some of the other answers, surprised to see people who know about my condition! However, biting the end of my tongue off isn't a danger, I still have full motor control :D
Last edited by Numb on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

In what world is "I lost an arm" a fancier disability than "I could bite off my own tongue and not feel it."... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Numb

Post by Numb »

Xanatos wrote:In what world is "I lost an arm" a fancier disability than "I could bite off my own tongue and not feel it."... :lol:
When you have lived with this condition all your life you don't see it as something fancy. I still think an amputee is a fancier disability, they at least have something to show.Hell, doctors didn't realise I had it until I got a glass shard stuck in my leg and they forgot to apply anaesthetic before removing it :P
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Xanatos wrote:In what world is "I lost an arm" a fancier disability than "I could bite off my own tongue and not feel it."... :lol:
More noticeable maybe? Lacking the ability to feel something is invisible compared to a missing limb. Hisao even comments on his own condition in act 1 when he helps Emi grab some paint for Rin thinking that he would want a missing hand just to make it obvious that he belongs at Yamaku.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Numb wrote:
When you have lived with this condition all your life you don't see it as something fancy. I still think an amputee is a fancier disability, they at least have something to show.Hell, doctors didn't realise I had it until I got a glass shard stuck in my leg and they forgot to apply anaesthetic before removing it :P
And on the plus side, if you ever do lose an arm, it won't hurt. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Numb

Post by Numb »

Xanatos wrote:
Numb wrote:
And on the plus side, if you ever do lose an arm, it won't hurt. :P
Exactly! That, and I wouldn't get phantom pains, so the entire thing would just take some rehabilitation and I would have it down.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Numb wrote:Exactly! That, and I wouldn't get phantom pains, so the entire thing would just take some rehabilitation and I would have it down.
Bad side: Emi would hate you.
Numb

Post by Numb »

Xanatos wrote:
Numb wrote:Exactly! That, and I wouldn't get phantom pains, so the entire thing would just take some rehabilitation and I would have it down.
I hope not, and I doubt Emi would hate somebody for having an immunity to one of the negative side effects of one of their two disabilities :P
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Numb wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I hope not, and I doubt Emi would hate somebody for having an immunity to one of the negative side effects of one of their two disabilities :P
I get phantom pains in my voice box, I don't resent you.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Probably blind in one eye or Tinnitus. My left eye is far worse than my right so might as well poke it out. As for Tinnitus I'm sure i would get used to the noise :P .
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Probably blind in one eye or Tinnitus. My left eye is far worse than my right so might as well poke it out. As for Tinnitus I'm sure i would get used to the noise :P .
Tinnitus isn't so bad. Though mine isn't constant...
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

In regards to missing eyes/one-eyed blindness, I've always thought that eye patches look pretty badass. But I'd probably just look like a dork with one on. (Especially since I have neither of those disabilities.) :oops:

But yeah, if I were missing an eye, I'd totally take the patch over a glass eye. The idea of those things just freaks me out.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
ZXNova

Post by ZXNova »

Mahorfeus wrote:In regards to missing eyes/one-eyed blindness, I've always thought that eye patches look pretty badass. But I'd probably just look like a dork with one on. (Especially since I have neither of those disabilities.) :oops:

But yeah, if I were missing an eye, I'd totally take the patch over a glass eye. The idea of those things just freaks me out.
I'd rather be legally blind then be blind in one eye.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Touhou guy here.
You cannot deny the cuteness of my avatar. If you try to deny it, your subconscious shall be devoured.
All of my yes.
By order of favorites: Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ZXNova wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:In regards to missing eyes/one-eyed blindness, I've always thought that eye patches look pretty badass. But I'd probably just look like a dork with one on. (Especially since I have neither of those disabilities.) :oops:

I'd rather be legally blind then be blind in one eye.
That would get annoying yeah.
Being blind in one eye: There goes your depth perception

But you'd make an excellent sniper (tunnel vision)
Speaking of eye-patch, it looks like Hisao was originally supposed to have one:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

If I were missing an eye, I'd have a glass eye and wear an eyepatch over it...