What would your disability be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

rockin robin

Re: What would your disability be?

Post by rockin robin »

Can we count dissibilities we already have?
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

rockin robin wrote:Can we count dissibilities we already have?
I suppose. If that's the case: Asperger's Syndrome for me :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Steinherz wrote:
I believe Yamaku only takes physically disabled students. I think they said that in Shizune's path.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Steinherz wrote:
High functioning autism, and speech difficulties thanks to complications resulting from laryngeal carcinoma. I know basic sign language since the tracheo-oesophagul puncture was only in the past six months.

If I'd choose one probably blindness, since hearing is more important in my day-to-day and limb loss is something I couldn't even begin to fathom
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

rockin robin wrote:High functioning autism, and speech difficulties thanks to complications resulting from laryngeal carcinoma. I know basic sign language since the tracheo-oesophagul puncture was only in the past six months.
Oh boy... Do you have to use one of those electronic larynx thingies?
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

KeiichiO wrote:
rockin robin wrote:High functioning autism, and speech difficulties thanks to complications resulting from laryngeal carcinoma. I know basic sign language since the tracheo-oesophagul puncture was only in the past six months.
Oh boy... Do you have to use one of those electronic larynx thingies?
I got a vocal prostheses. I got to block air flow to it every time I want to talk, and unblock it to breath (it's more complicated than that medically but that's what it means to me vocally). I HATED the electrolarynx as It felt uncomfortable and unnatural. The only issue with TEP is I speak with my hands and throat as well as my mouth and I'm still not used to raising my hand to my neck. It's also considering a hands free valve but I've heard they are a pain to replace.

I've also got an asshole classmate that asks me questions when I'm carrying heavy loads, although I managed to get a system where I'd apply pressure to my best friends foot and she'd block the tracheostoma for me. First time I nearly passed out but I got it down now.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

wyrda78 wrote:I wouldn't really like to have a missing limb (probably more because of vanity than anything else), and I wouldn't like to have Hisao's heart condition, because I'd always be frightened of physical exertion.

Has anyone read the novel 'seize the night'? I think I'd like the have the condition that the protagonist of that has, where you can't expose your skin to too much light. Limited to only being able to be outside at nighttime has sort of a poetic feel to it, and it's probably the most serious condition I can think of that I wouldn't really mind having. I prefer being outside at night anyway.
Xeroderma pigmentosum. Speaking of which, somebody tell Koontz to write the last book in that trilogy already. Lazy good-for-nothing successful author. <.<

I'd go with a missing hand.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

MegaMoto wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
I believe Yamaku only takes physically disabled students. I think they said that in Shizune's path.
Hanako's issues are all mental though. Her scarring isn't that much of a physical disability.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote: Hanako's issues are all mental though. Her scarring isn't that much of a physical disability.

I think Hanako was a special situation though. Her caseworkers realized that she probably wouldn't survive in a normal high school environment, and pulled some strings to get her in Yamaku.

And hey, they let Misha in, mainly because she wants to teach sign.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:Hanako's issues are all mental though. Her scarring isn't that much of a physical disability.
"that much"...Having to wear giant glasses to see isn't a huge physical disability either. Nor is a lack of legs, given prosthetics. And when she goes into a nervous breakdown that basically paralyzes her on the spot, that's basically a physical disability. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Vati

Post by Vati »

I have my own heart / kidney problem.Thats the reason why i would go there
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Vati wrote:I have my own heart / kidney problem.Thats the reason why i would go there
Welcome to the forum, sorry for your poor ticker.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

Bipolar. I have it anyway so why the hell not ^^
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

Last edited by Reyhan on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Does being to awesome count as a disability !