What would your disability be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: What would your disability be?

Post by Umber »

Mahorfeus wrote:Well, if all your muscles locked up while you were on a stairway...
Or just about anything, really. A disability like that would categorize most things as bad or worse. Anything pleasant would be under life's necessities.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
sennit

Post by sennit »

Mahorfeus wrote:Well, if all your muscles locked up while you were on a stairway...
That definitely would be a world of suck. But since I'm not a goat i figure my body would loosen up instead when feinting, and stairs would hurt perhaps a little less. Hopefully. If it were the other way around, however, that's what the nurse is for :P
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Ow, ow, ow, ow.
Would be hilarious to watch.
But for the person suffering it. it'd hurt like hell :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:
Ow, ow, ow, ow.
If it looks AND sounds anything like this, than yes, it would be hilarious to watch.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Ow, ow, ow, ow.
If it looks AND sounds anything like this, than yes, it would be hilarious to watch.
Great minds think alike. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
sennit

Post by sennit »

Stairs are a cruel stack of evil. Simple as that.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Failed suicide attempt, the disability would depend in the nature of the suicide.

When i used to think more about suicide, i decided to either go for hanging myself, jumping from somewhere high, or setting myself on fire. So those are the options.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Well, this is a bit of a tricky question, since usually one doesn't "want" to obtain a disability ...

But I can say that, as I am pretty badly short-sighted in real life, I did come close to losing vision in one eye due to a retinal detachment. So, if I were to end up in a school like Yamaku due to a disability that prevents me from functioning as normal, then hypothetically, blindness would be the most likely cause.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

I'd hate being blind. Being without arms wouldn't be nice either.

I'll stick with Hisao's heart ailment. I mean- if I just don't push my self too hard physically, it wouldn't cause too much of a problem. Well, it'd be a problem of course, but still.
Count Crainic

Post by Count Crainic »

I'd stick with a heart problem, but overall I would not want to have any "disability" in real life, pretty much any visible disability gets you categorised as broken in today's society and it was always like that.
Partial blindness (one eye) could be another that I could live with, but it would look strange, at least minimally life threatening, I don't know if one-eye blindness would get you banned from driving though, I would not want that because I plan on going into automotive engineering/car testing, so it would be a defeating blow for my future if I can't drive at all.
Completion: Lilly-> Hanako
Best: Lilly>Hanako
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Count Crainic wrote:I'd stick with a heart problem, but overall I would not want to have any "disability" in real life, pretty much any visible disability gets you categorised as broken in today's society and it was always like that.
Partial blindness (one eye) could be another that I could live with, but it would look strange, at least minimally life threatening, I don't know if one-eye blindness would get you banned from driving though, I would not want that because I plan on going into automotive engineering/car testing, so it would be a defeating blow for my future if I can't drive at all.

At least if you're blind in one eye it gives you the excuse to wear a bad-ass eyepatch. Which would probably get Emi's attention. ;)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Count Crainic wrote:I'd stick with a heart problem, but overall I would not want to have any "disability" in real life, pretty much any visible disability gets you categorised as broken in today's society and it was always like that.
Well given my experience behind the wheel and the reliance we have for peripheral vision, I think it would be highly likely that blindness in one eye would severely impair my chances at being a competent driver. I''m not sure on the legal side of things, but if I did become blind in one eye, I wouldn't trust myself behind the wheel.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Lunacore

Post by Lunacore »

I think i would be blind since my eyes started with 80% on both eyes and are now by 20% and 30%.
Rin -> Emi -> Hanako -> Lily -> Shizune
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

As much as I like to think I have sage like wisdom like Rin I love my arms. I might be able to do with out legs... Hmmmmm. I'm going to go with missing hand !
wyrda78

Post by wyrda78 »

I wouldn't really like to have a missing limb (probably more because of vanity than anything else), and I wouldn't like to have Hisao's heart condition, because I'd always be frightened of physical exertion.

Has anyone read the novel 'seize the night'? I think I'd like the have the condition that the protagonist of that has, where you can't expose your skin to too much light. Limited to only being able to be outside at nighttime has sort of a poetic feel to it, and it's probably the most serious condition I can think of that I wouldn't really mind having. I prefer being outside at night anyway.