What do you think Hanako's funeral will be like?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?!

It would be a very calm, normal funeral; however, only Hisao, Lilly, and Akira attend. Nobody else in the world cares about her enough.
18%
There would be many people to attend. Hanako might seem unapproachable, but many students and teachers do care about her.
28%
Misha would show up and wahaha~ the whole time to raise everyone's spirits.
6%
There would be no funeral. Hisao and Lilly can't afford one. She'll simply be buried with no final tribute.
2%
The question is invalid because Hanako is immortal.
35%
The bullies from elementary school will turn up just to call the dead girl names and laugh at her grieving loved ones.
2%
The bullies from elementary school will turn up, open her coffin, and set her corpse on fire as a very cruel practical joke.
9%

Total votes: 127

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: What do you think Hanako's funeral will be like?

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Carighan wrote:
BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:If only there was a way that I could communicate to the general public that I was deliberately not posting in this topic, that didn't involve posting in this topic.
You basically want to be able to post a "Boycott"-post? ;)
Kind of like the whole "Occupy Wall Street" thing. Except instead of protesting banks you'd be protesting threads that should never have seen the light of day.
Something like that. An anti-post, if you will. I keep thinking of post ratings but I know that is never a good idea.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:If only there was a way that I could communicate to the general public that I was deliberately not posting in this topic, that didn't involve posting in this topic.
Well, the next best thing would be the button with the exclamation mark titled "Report this Post"
SC seems to have taken notice without us telling him, though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Well, the next best thing would be the button with the exclamation mark titled "Report this Post"
SC seems to have taken notice without us telling him, though.
Yeah, sometimes SC makes for a passable moderator.
Sometimes...
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Helbereth wrote: Yeah, sometimes SC makes for a passable moderator.
Sometimes...
Completely Agreed.

About the topic... or the OP, I guess KS forum shall wholeheartedly accept anyone and anything but spamming and spammer. Right?
even through it's sometimes pretty hard to distinguish it.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
win746

Post by win746 »

Left for a while and find out Katie made another of these, when I read the title I thought "well this should be good".

For this thread, I can understand a what if scenario, but two of these choices are extremely unrealistic (being immortal is totally realistic) and you say to take them seriously. Bullies from her elementary school moved on, probably forgot about Hanako for the best. Kids will be kids, they most likely grown up.

In the end, many people will attend. She recovered quite alot judging from Lilly's route, joining the newspaper club and such. I would assume she does that in other routes too.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

In her own route, maybe. In other routes, I wager it'd go more slowly. Lilly points out in her own route that it was Hisao's friendship that helped Hanako develop further. If he never interacted with Hanako (and he doesn't in other routes safe for that brief chess game with Shizune), she'd probably be largely clinging to her one friend who cannot see her. At least for some time.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Katie

Post by Katie »

I'm not a troll... =_= I was just curious about this because Yamaku's reaction to Hanako's death is telling of their relationship with her in general. You might think I'm annoying, but I find the way you guys shriek and flee in terror at every slightly depressing subject likewise annoying.
box

Post by box »

I would go to Hanako's funeral. ;_;

It's okay though, like the poll says, she is immortal.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yamaku and Hanako have a better relationship than Hanako used to have with her elementary and middle school. Hanako considers Yamaku a place where she can find shelter from the world that pretty much turned its back on her. Yamaku as an institution tries to help Hanako by letting her have breathing room whenever she desires (as long as her marks don't suffer too much) and provides her with therapy sessions to try and help her work through her trauma. Despite Hanako still avoiding most students, her life is much better at Yamaku than it'd be at an ordinary high school.

And it's not really that people shriek and flee in terror. It's just...I dunno...your fixation with death, adultery and suicide comes across as slightly creepy. It probably wouldn't be so bad if only some of your posts were like this and the rest was just ordinary discussion, but so far every single post (topic or reply) has been about one of those subjects which makes me wonder if you're one of those well-adjusted kids who collects mutilated frogs and has a youtube channel filled with recordings of real-life executions.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Katie

Post by Katie »

No way! Real life suffering ain't cool. I like fictional tragedies only. :3
Potato

Post by Potato »

Katie wrote:I'm not a troll... =_= I was just curious about this because Yamaku's reaction to Hanako's death is telling of their relationship with her in general. You might think I'm annoying, but I find the way you guys shriek and flee in terror at every slightly depressing subject likewise annoying.
The problem isn't that it's depressing. It's that it's asinine. Your threads are either speculations with zero solid backing support (the "abusive mothers" thing) or utter nonsense (at least four options on this poll). Really, if the poll wasn't composed mostly of ridiculous options, this scenario may have been received better.

Why would Misha be there? People who don't know you don't generally attend your funeral. Even if she did attend, she's likely to rein in her usual...Mishaness. She'd do her happy WAHAHA routine to lift spirits at an after-party or something, but at a funeral of someone she doesn't even really know? Boisterous laughter at a funeral just isn't something people do in the world.

Why wouldn't Lilly, whose family is rich, not be able to afford a service? Even granting they ditched her there out of callousness (if you think like Akira), they're not complete monsters. They'd fund a funeral. (Another fault of yours: You see the worst in everything. Emi? She neglected Hisao so she'd abuse her kids. Lilly's parents? They left her for business interests so they'd let her friend be buried in a random ditch with no service. It's an awful quality to have, and you seem to have it. That's a problem.)

Why would Hanako be immortal? That's just silly.

Why would bullies be involved at all? Bullies are jerks but rarely sociopaths. And you'd pretty much have to be a sociopath to crash a funeral at all, let alone go torching corpses.

That's five out of seven options that just don't make much sense, and three of which are outright pulled from your ass. You'd realize that if you thought them through but you didn't. And that's why people don't like your threads: You invent these scenarios but don't put enough thought into them. If you had, the poll wouldn't be so nonsensical. You just go for morbidity for its own sake rather than really think about the situation.

"The bullies from elementary school will turn up, open her coffin, and set her corpse on fire as a very cruel practical joke." - I mean, look at that. Nobody on this entire planet, in their right mind, believes that would happen. You didn't put any legit thought into that. It's just "Hey, this is dark and cruel and morbid, lol". And that sucks. You want to be taken seriously but you're just not being serious.

You want tragic hypotheticals? Fine. But think about it first. And don't overdo it. Your every thread has been this grimdark nonsense. Nobody likes a perpetual downer.

Now, read this post a few times. Understand it. Have you done that? Good. Now make better threads.
Last edited by Potato on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Hanako isn't even my favorite...But Katie. You make me sad about life... *head-hang*

All of my dissapointment.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Guest Poster wrote:Yamaku and Hanako have a better relationship than Hanako used to have with her elementary and middle school. Hanako considers Yamaku a place where she can find shelter from the world that pretty much turned its back on her. Yamaku as an institution tries to help Hanako by letting her have breathing room whenever she desires (as long as her marks don't suffer too much) and provides her with therapy sessions to try and help her work through her trauma. Despite Hanako still avoiding most students, her life is much better at Yamaku than it'd be at an ordinary high school.
Not just the staff, but more of the student body than you would expect would show up. Shizune, Misha and Miki show that they like Hanako, but they just don't hang out with her because they don't know how to deal with her well.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

She'll burn. 8)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I expect a small private ceremony attended by her children, her grandchildren, maybe her husband if hes still around, as well as Lilly and her family, and everyone else who loved her during her long, happy life.

So get out of here with this emo death crap. :x
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.