a progress bar/list?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Krazy Kannibal

a progress bar/list?

Post by Krazy Kannibal »

there should be something on the dev blog or in the forums that shows how much of the project is already done, or at least show which characters' paths are finished. after lurking for so long, i can't remember anything about who's writing who's path and if they're done or not.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: a progress bar/list?

Post by Silentcook »

In before somebody who actually writes for the game saying "that'd be great, as soon as we have it figured out we'll let you know". Or something. :?
As far as the second part of your request, here we go:

cpl_crud: Hanako path writer - Path in post-production
Aura: Rin path writer - Path in post-production
TheHivemind: Emi path writer - Path first draft ongoing
Anonymous22: Shizune path writer - Path first draft ongoing
Suriko: Lilly path writer - Path in post-production
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

See? All you had to do was ask Silentcook. He knows things, man.
Krazy Kannibal

Post by Krazy Kannibal »

cools
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Silentcook wrote:In before somebody who actually writes for the game saying "that'd be great, as soon as we have it figured out we'll let you know".
Pretty much, the word "post-production" doesn't mean anything else than that there is a story with a beginning, and end, and all the words in between, and that it sucks. There's no telling how long reworking, editing and proofreading the script will take, apart from arbitrary guesstimates. If I was to make one, I wouldn't know what to guess. Workload-wise we are probably not even at the halfway point (it has taken slightly over a year to get to this point), but for the draft-complete paths work should be easier/faster now (at least by my experience, the last time I reworked major parts of the game, it went noticeably faster than writing from scratch). Plus, when the script is done, we only have a novel or five, not yet a visual novel.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents