Hesitate to go trough it again?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hesitate to go trough it again?

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:^ Emi I think is the only bad ending I don't think I want to see. Apparently she comes across as very nasty in it, and I like to think shes basically a good person.
Oh, she's a massive bitch in the bad ending. :lol: It fucking hurts. Worth seeing though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Scorch wrote:
pandaphil wrote:^ Emi I think is the only bad ending I don't think I want to see. Apparently she comes across as very nasty in it, and I like to think shes basically a good person.
It's hard to imagine her angry. Though the ones who smile the most hold the worst pain from my experience. In her good route, i thought Hisao was really over analyzing things, but i just didn't understand. I think i need to replay her route, its hazy in my mind.
Oh she gets mad alright. I found the scene where shes smiling as she tells you to gtfo of the house a lot scarier than if she'd screamed and yelled. She also loses her temper briefly up on the roof near the just before you confess.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I can't take Emi's "angry" face seriously when it's also her "fuck me in the bumhole" face. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

The thing about Emi is... girls like her are common. I actually like Shizune more nowadays. When I think about it, Emi reminds me too much of someone I knew in the past. Someone who could toss you away at a moment's notice just because things aren't going her way. That's childish.

Someone like Hanako, whose exact circumstances are far more rare, her bad ending would hurt, I'm sure. Was curious a few times to watch it but... I'll follow what people call a conscience and not.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I a way I admire Hanako for standing up for herself in her bad ending. Its obvious that shes pushed over the edge by Hisao's insistent meddling. Whats really tragic about it is that Lilly gets caught up in Hanako's anger as well.

But its her expression as Hisao closes her door for the last time that really rips your heart out.

But if you really want your heart broken, go to https://soundcloud.com/claire-shank and click to around the 2:36 point in Hanako's voice demo. :cry:
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

pandaphil wrote:I a way I admire Hanako for standing up for herself in her bad ending. Its obvious that shes pushed over the edge by Hisao's insistent meddling. Whats really tragic about it is that Lilly gets caught up in Hanako's anger as well.

But its that last view of her face as Hisao closes her door for the last time that really rips your heart out.

And if you really want your heart broken, go to https://soundcloud.com/claire-shank and click to around the 2:36 point in Hanako's voice demo. :cry:
That was... intense to say the least. :shock: I don't really think she so much stands up for herself, so much has as completely breaking down. She said herself, she feels broken, and pushes her only 2 friends, albeit out of pity, away. It's a sad situation.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Scorch wrote:
That was... intense to say the least. :shock: I don't really think she so much stands up for herself, so much has as completely breaking down. She said herself, she feels broken, and pushes her only 2 friends, albeit out of pity, away. It's a sad situation.

True enough. Though I do hope that her expression at the end means that she regrets what she says and that like her classroom panic attack, she'll recover and take back what she said. At least to Lilly. The idea of her driving away the two people who care for her most is just too tragic to comprehend.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Oh, she's a massive bitch in the bad ending. :lol: It fucking hurts. Worth seeing though.
I wouldn't go so far as saying she's a bitch in her bad ending, but i did feel a lot of pain and frustration and i understood why Hisao was feeling so hurt and hateful towards her.

Indeed, it really fucking hurts, and the fact that when i saw it, it was like living my break-up all over again certainly didn't help.

It has also been said earlier here that her behavior was childish, and i would disagree. While it's certainly painful, her utterly cold rejection and abandonment of Hisao is made with her honestly thinking it's for the best and what she really wants to do. I don't know if she doesn't care at all for Hisao's pain in the bad end, but i would say that in a way she just can't let herself care too much because of the way she has decided to live her life. It's very sad.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Scorch wrote:

True enough. Though I do hope that her expression at the end means that she regrets what she says and that like her classroom panic attack, she'll recover and take back what she said. At least to Lilly. The idea of her driving away the two people who care for her most is just too tragic to comprehend.
It's the reset/reboot button. A new social contract has to be re-negotiated.

For Emi, I can only feel sorry for Meiko. Being pushed away by your own girl after being a widow.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

To be fair, if you consider fan fictions such as Reconciliation, it's easy to construct positive later stories from Hanako's bad ending. Like Rin's bad ending, it lacks a certain undercurrent of finality on her part to truly feel like a "bad" ending. Sure, she shoves Hisao and Lilly away, but tbh, rightfully so. It actually feels very positive on that level.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

Carighan wrote:To be fair, if you consider fan fictions such as Reconciliation, it's easy to construct positive later stories from Hanako's bad ending. Like Rin's bad ending, it lacks a certain undercurrent of finality on her part to truly feel like a "bad" ending. Sure, she shoves Hisao and Lilly away, but tbh, rightfully so. It actually feels very positive on that level.
I feel like after Hanako's bad ending she would probably do something drastic. I mean, being emotionally abused by yourself for years, finally meeting friends, then just losing them... can't be easy to get over on your own, especially for her.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Scorch wrote:

True enough. Though I do hope that her expression at the end means that she regrets what she says and that like her classroom panic attack, she'll recover and take back what she said.
If that were the case, they wouldn't call it the bad end, just the 'kinda sucky but it'll all get better' end. :P
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Same logic with Rin's 3 endings. Which is the "neutral" one and which is the "bad" one? Also, 'kinda sucky but it'll all get better' doesn't quite have the ring to it as "bad".
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Same logic with Rin's 3 endings. Which is the "neutral" one and which is the "bad" one? Also, 'kinda sucky but it'll all get better' doesn't quite have the ring to it as "bad".
The one where she leaves is neutral. Something at least sort of good still comes of it.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Same logic with Rin's 3 endings. Which is the "neutral" one and which is the "bad" one? Also, 'kinda sucky but it'll all get better' doesn't quite have the ring to it as "bad".
The one where she leaves is neutral. Something at least sort of good still comes of it.

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with her neutral ending. There's a good chance she'll find a decent instructor who understands her and can help her develop her talent on her own terms.