Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Dr. Casey
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:29 am

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Great read. Hope you'll do the rest of the cast at some point. :) (I have to wonder if Kenji defies any of the Myer-Briggs labels, though...)

Hmm, about Hanako... I think that, once she's more emotionally healthy, she will tend to daydream about the future, which is an Intuitive trait. She will give the present its needed amount of attention because she's a mature and responsible person, but I think much of her free time will be spent dreaming about a future warmer and happier than her life's been up until that point. She also shows trace amounts of this in Lilly's path with her planning for future road trips and vacations and the like.

As for Judging vs. Perceiving... going by the descriptions on this webpage, I would imagine that she'd be closer to Judging. She obviously has some spontaneity in her - kissing Hisao in public and having sex with him were both abrupt decisions made on the fly - but I think that generally, Hanako would prefer to be organized and give herself plenty of breathing room far as deadlines go to avoid stress. I picture her being the type to leave for work ten minutes early so that she can have a comfortable drive without having to worry about being late, or starting projects significantly earlier than necessary so that things will be okay even if there's numerous delays and setbacks. I would say that she's generally organized and methodical, with her spontaneous side coming out whenever her emotions overwhelm her.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Great read. Hope you'll do the rest of the cast at some point. :) (I have to wonder if Kenji defies any of the Myer-Briggs labels, though...)

Hmm, about Hanako... I think that, once she's more emotionally healthy, she will tend to daydream about the future, which is an Intuitive trait. She will give the present its needed amount of attention because she's a mature and responsible person, but I think much of her free time will be spent dreaming about a future warmer and happier than her life's been up until that point. She also shows trace amounts of this in Lilly's path with her planning for future road trips and vacations and the like.

As for Judging vs. Perceiving... going by the descriptions on this webpage, I would imagine that she'd be closer to Judging. She obviously has some spontaneity in her - kissing Hisao in public and having sex with him were both abrupt decisions made on the fly - but I think that generally, Hanako would prefer to be organized and give herself plenty of breathing room far as deadlines go to avoid stress. I picture her being the type to leave for work ten minutes early so that she can have a comfortable drive without having to worry about being late, or starting projects significantly earlier than necessary so that things will be okay even if there's numerous delays and setbacks. I would say that she's generally organized and methodical, with her spontaneous side coming out whenever her emotions overwhelm her.
As for Kenji, I got INTJ (Scientist) but I didn't consider it very seriously. Maybe I'll consider Misha, Kenji, etc. more seriously tomorrow but my brain hurts too much at this point. I'm not doing Hisao, however, because while he is definitely FP, the other two change by route and by the decisions the reader makes.
I can see your argument for Hanako as an N, but I honestly can't make a decision myself.
I think between your analysis and the last poster, it is pretty much settled that Hanako is J.
If you want an even better read, look at the last poster. He linked to a similar post from several months before I joined the forums where he gave a great analysis on everyone (except Lilly as an E and Emi as everything but E). I'm pretty convinced that I was wrong about Shizune as a P (due to it being a while since I've done her route) and possibly one or two things with Rin. Other than that, I stand by what I posted.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

Dawnstorm
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 am

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Dawnstorm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm

I was going to direct you to the other thread, and I was also going to point you to Prof Allister's excellent post. I completely agree with him, for example, on Hanako being ISTJ, but I don't buy his Rin:
ProfAllister; in the other thread wrote:Rin: While INFP seems reasonable at first glance, I think an argument could be made for S, T, and/or J. She's spacey, yes, but the way she speaks, the demand for precision, all point more to an S. She doesn't want a word that "kind of describes the sense;" she wants a word that "means" what she wants to say. So I'd say S, not N. Similarly, she seems to care about the facts of the matter more than the people and emotions behind it. She sees interpersonal relationships as hierarchically structured, with clear delineations, and actions are actions - she sees emotions as more of a distraction, something to be fought.

[...; explanation of thinking vs. feeling is here]

P and J are difficult to judge with her, because she doesn't really DO much. However, she seems to get irritated when her routine is interrupted or unexpected things come up. She seems quite laid back, but Hisao never really shakes up her plans until the latter part of her route, and then things get bad. So Rin, interestingly enough, would probably be an ISTJ.
I don't see her demand of precision as an expression of her being an an "S"; rather I think it's a coping mechanism that compensates from being misunderstood. It's a tool: she thinks if only everyone were precise, then maybe they'd understand each other better. There's the episode about what a group of butterflies is called; I don't remember what it ended up being, but Rin looked it up, and then chose to use the word she likes better. That in itself is not conclusive; for me, the deciding factor is her paintings:

She says she paints them as snapshots to remember the moment, at some point. But they're not realistic pictures of, say, scenery or people. They represent how she felt. In the exercise where she paints Hisao, she admits that she may have painted him more gloomy than he actually looks, because that's how she sees him. Apart from her art, imagining things seems to be important. Practically everything, from clouds to butterflies, has metaphoric meaning to her. I just can't see her as an "S"; it's impossible for me.

The T/F dimension is less clear, but I disagree that she cares about facts more than people. She talks more about facts than people, because that's less risky (she likes to avoid stressful thoughts and situations). There's the worry tree episode, where she keeps talking about how she thinks Hisao looks sad, and how she doesn't want to look like that, but the more she talks about that, the more upset she looks. She cares deeply about how people feel; it's just that she's learnt she's not good at expressing herself. Still, I can see a T expression, too; it's just that I tend towards "F".

I can see slight "J" moments, but on the whole she seems to be a "P". (I'm running out of time, or I'd elaborate.)

So, to end with, INFP not only seems plausible, I'd say it's actually correct, with F/P most likely to vary (she's an INP --> Imp :wink: )
Last edited by Dawnstorm on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Umbra
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Umbra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 am

Well, having studied MBTI theory after that last thread, I changed my opinion about some of my previous choices.

Misha: ESFP
Shizune: ESTJ
Lilly: ISFJ
Hanako: INFP
Emi: ENFJ
Rin: ISFP
Hisao: ISTP (varies from route to route, but it's more or less this one)
Kenji: INTJ

Also, OP, you have a truly narrow definition of the Intuitive and Sensing types. They define some much more than preferring to 'live in the present' or planning things ahead.
Read here: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/four-prefs.html

And some general advice: don't read MBTI theory from one source, as they tend to give varied (and sometimes false) information :)
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 am

Dawnstorm wrote:I was going to direct you to the other thread, and I was also going to point you to Prof Allister's excellent post. I completely agree with him, for example, on Hanako being ISTJ, but I don't buy his Rin:
ProfAllister, in the other thread wrote:Rin: While INFP seems reasonable at first glance, I think an argument could be made for S, T, and/or J. She's spacey, yes, but the way she speaks, the demand for precision, all point more to an S. She doesn't want a word that "kind of describes the sense;" she wants a word that "means" what she wants to say. So I'd say S, not N. Similarly, she seems to care about the facts of the matter more than the people and emotions behind it. She sees interpersonal relationships as hierarchically structured, with clear delineations, and actions are actions - she sees emotions as more of a distraction, something to be fought.

[...; explanation of thinking vs. feeling is here]

P and J are difficult to judge with her, because she doesn't really DO much. However, she seems to get irritated when her routine is interrupted or unexpected things come up. She seems quite laid back, but Hisao never really shakes up her plans until the latter part of her route, and then things get bad. So Rin, interestingly enough, would probably be an ISTJ.
I don't see her demand of precision as an expression of her being an an "S"; rather I think it's a coping mechanism that compensates from being misunderstood. It's a tool: she thinks if only everyone were precise, then maybe they'd understand each other better. There's the episode about what a group of butterflies is called; I don't remember what it ended up being, but Rin looked it up, and then chose to use the word she likes better. That in itself is not conclusive; for me, the deciding factor is her paintings:

She says she paints them as snapshots to remember the moment, at some point. But they're not realistic pictures of, say, scenery or people. They represent how she felt. In the exercise where she paints Hisao, she admits that she may have painted him more gloomy than he actually looks, because that's how she sees him. Apart from her art, imagining things seems to be important. Practically everything, from clouds to butterflies, has metaphoric meaning to her. I just can't see her as an "S"; it's impossible for me.

The T/F dimension is less clear, but I disagree that she cares about facts more than people. She talks more about facts than people, because that's less risky (she likes to avoid stressful thoughts and situations). There's the worry tree episode, where she keeps talking about how she thinks Hisao looks sad, and how she doesn't want to look like that, but the more she talks about that, the more upset she looks. She cares deeply about how people feel; it's just that she's learnt she's not good at expressing herself. Still, I can see a T expression, too; it's just that I tend towards "F".

I can see slight "J" moments, but on the whole she seems to be a "P". (I'm running out of time, or I'd elaborate.)

So, to end with, INFP not only seems plausible, I'd say it's actually correct, with F/P most likely to vary (she's an INP --> Imp :wink: )
------------------------------------------------------------------me below, his misquotes above----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, I wasn't on the forums until long, long after the original thread existed, sorry if you consider my insight a copy. And I do know about his insights.
I don't think that anyone can truly give a good analysis of Rin without more detailed knowledge of her mental state because of her erratic nature and lack of having plans. We both did our best jobs at it, as did you, and came out at 3 separate answers. It's fairly clear that no one person can clearly define Rin in nothing more than a forum post.
I stick by Hanako as an F. I know I didn't give a full length argument like him, but honestly it is far too late at night for me to try. I can buy I and J, though. I still need more evidence before deciding S/P.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 am

Umbra wrote:Well, having studied MBTI theory after that last thread, I changed my opinion about some of my previous choices.

Misha: ESFP
Shizune: ESTJ
Lilly: ISFJ
Hanako: INFP
Emi: ENFJ
Rin: ISFP
Hisao: ISTP (varies from route to route, but it's more or less this one)
Kenji: INTJ

Also, OP, you have a truly narrow definition of the Intuitive and Sensing types. They define some much more than preferring to 'live in the present' or planning things ahead.
Read here: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/four-prefs.html

And some general advice: don't read MBTI theory from one source, as they tend to give varied (and sometimes false) information :)
I have read several sources, however, I only posted one due to the fact that most posters aren't going to read 12 pages before coming to a long thought-out decision on this. My S/N definition is broader, I only have evidence for Hanako in that particular area of Sensing and Intuition. That's why I posted that one aspect.
I haven't done Misha.
I can't tell whether or not Hanako is N, but from reading ProfAllister's post I think she is J.
Hisao varies too much in the first three (particularly the middle 2) fields for me to judge.
Please explain why Emi is ENFP, because personally I disagree on everything besides E.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Loonie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am

Prof already linked the thread, where he poked at me enough so as to make me write up my own extensive viewpoint on it all. And, to be his echo chamber this time - my thoughts remain more or less the same since then on this topic, though here's a very helpful tip that might help in categorizing the heroines: It's not so much the letters/inclinations by themselves that are the key to understanding Myers Briggs. It's the primary, secondary and tertiary functions derived from them.

Now I don't know them by heart (no professional experience in this matter), but I believe that INFJ and INTJ types, for example, both have their primary function set up as Introverted Intuitive (the IN part of their code). Now you'd think that makes them very much alike and in certain ways it does. But the secondary and tertiary functions are what really differentiate those two types (in the case of the INFJ it's actually Extraverted Feeling as secondary, whereas for the INTJ it's Extraverted Thinking...I think, I'd have to look it up. So while both of them function and act similarly...their decisions are ultimately made for the exact opposite reasons. The first for what they feel is right directed outwards, regardless of reason, and the second for what's the most logical directed outwards, regardless of emotion).

And then there's the added complication, that those taking the test are almost never 100% in any letter. If someone scored a 55% I, 52% S, 53% F and 60% J...well, that'd make for a very deceptive-sounding ISFJ who's just a few percentiles away from being the exact opposite. Hence a very important caveat, that any decent Myers Briggs site will freely admit to, that these types are by no means entirely descriptive of the individual that is given a specific type.

Even less so when you consider these are fictional characters we're talking about here, constructed and shaped within the minds of writers as opposed to the environment of our own world. The only way for us to genuinely know which type they are, would be for the KS writers to write them in as taking the test and what their scores wound up being...which I don't think we'll get to see. :P But, as I stated in my post back then in the other thread, doesn't mean it can't be fun to try guessing their types anyway so - have at it! :) But as to the explanations well...said all there is to say about that in the link I suppose.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

Loonie wrote:words words words... doesn't mean it can't be fun to try guessing their types anyway so - have at it! :) But as to the explanations well...said all there is to say about that in the link I suppose.
I never claimed to be a psychologist or have any more experience than the next forum-goer, I'm just interested in this kinda thing so I wanted to throw my opinion out there. This is all for fun, not trying to be extremely serious about delving deep into the actual mechanics behind the categorization. Thanks for trying to help everyone understand the typology, but I honestly just want to make my best judgement without starting up a huge study or doing what ProfAllister did (because I'd probably prove myself wrong and get his results all over again :wink: ).
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

Loonie
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere between Europe and the Balkans.

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Loonie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:48 am

TehLandshark wrote:
Loonie wrote:words words words... doesn't mean it can't be fun to try guessing their types anyway so - have at it! :) But as to the explanations well...said all there is to say about that in the link I suppose.
I never claimed to be a psychologist or have any more experience than the next forum-goer, I'm just interested in this kinda thing so I wanted to throw my opinion out there. This is all for fun, not trying to be extremely serious about delving deep into the actual mechanics behind the categorization. Thanks for trying to help everyone understand the typology, but I honestly just want to make my best judgement without starting up a huge study or doing what ProfAllister did (because I'd probably prove myself wrong and get his results all over again :wink: ).
I know. I never meant to imply that at all. :) Sorry if I came across as such. The internet can be a silly place when it comes to words.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Loonie wrote:
TehLandshark wrote:
Loonie wrote:words words words... doesn't mean it can't be fun to try guessing their types anyway so - have at it! :) But as to the explanations well...said all there is to say about that in the link I suppose.
I never claimed to be a psychologist or have any more experience than the next forum-goer, I'm just interested in this kinda thing so I wanted to throw my opinion out there. This is all for fun, not trying to be extremely serious about delving deep into the actual mechanics behind the categorization. Thanks for trying to help everyone understand the typology, but I honestly just want to make my best judgement without starting up a huge study or doing what ProfAllister did (because I'd probably prove myself wrong and get his results all over again :wink: ).
I know. I never meant to imply that at all. :) Sorry if I came across as such. The internet can be a silly place when it comes to words.
No, I didn't take anything that way, I just wanted to clarify my intent on posting this.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

Dawnstorm
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 am

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Dawnstorm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm

TehLandshark wrote:...sorry if you consider my insight a copy...
That's certainly not what I wanted you to get out of it. It's not surprising that you didn't know about this thread before ProfAllister linked to it. I read your post and wanted to link it ('cause I thought you might be interested), but I had other things to do. I came back and saw that ProfAllister had pre-epmpted me. There's really not much more than that in my opening lines.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I can be a bit unclear at times.
I know I didn't give a full length argument like him...
Not necessary. I know what a time-and-energy-drain such posts can be. It's why I didn't reply back then in the other thread. I sort of used this thread to reply to the other, in part, because it nagged at me that I didn't, back then. I apologise. It's really not good form to use your thread for that. Sorry about that.

***

Also sorry for the misquotes. I fixed them for ease of reading.

User avatar
Umbra
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Umbra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 pm

TehLandshark wrote: I have read several sources, however, I only posted one due to the fact that most posters aren't going to read 12 pages before coming to a long thought-out decision on this. My S/N definition is broader, I only have evidence for Hanako in that particular area of Sensing and Intuition. That's why I posted that one aspect.
I haven't done Misha.
I can't tell whether or not Hanako is N, but from reading ProfAllister's post I think she is J.
Hisao varies too much in the first three (particularly the middle 2) fields for me to judge.
Please explain why Emi is ENFP, because personally I disagree on everything besides E.
PRE-EDIT: damn, I somehow lost a portion of my post. What I wanted to say was similar to what Loonie already said. People tend to break down the character types into individual letters, and that provides inaccurate assesment, as the synergy of the charasteristics is even more important. Thus, I am going to describe Emi concerning each separate 'letter' and the way they interact.

I'd like to point out that I determined she is a ENFJ, not an ENFP :)

Choosing between N and S was the hardest part. Emi isn’t one to concern herself over details, she is more interested in her general goals, both personal – being a better sportsman – and interpersonal – helping Hisao. On top of that, she follows her instincts very oftenly and tries to change people using emotional power rather than facts or data.

Why F? Emi certainly isn’t an overly rational person. Moreover, she is a terrible student. For her helping Hisao and achieving better sports performance is much more important than studying. She barely passes her exams, too. Also, as I remember, she stated that she has a hard time understanding complex, scientific things.

Lastly, the choice between P and J. This one’s easy. Emi is an incredibly stubborn person, especially when it concerns her personal life. She follows a diet and has a strict routine, exercising every morning, and whenever she has free time. Her emotional world is even more adamant, as she’d rather destroy her relationship with Hisao than let him help (and try to change) her.

Looking into the Big Picture – ENFJ type people feel most happy when they inspire other people. They try to help everyone, and lead by example. Such is Emi. She sacrifices her time on energy to get Hisao off his ass and into the track. She sets up a dietary plan for him. And she does it for no personal gain, too (the need for a running partner is bullshit, she is fine with running on her own.) Oh, and both ENFP and ENFJ people (and to extent, most ‘N’ types) tend to be highly individualistic.

Oh, and I am an ENFP, and share many similarities with Emi, so that is sort of a personal argument :P
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Umbra wrote:
TehLandshark wrote: I have read several sources, however, I only posted one due to the fact that most posters aren't going to read 12 pages before coming to a long thought-out decision on this. My S/N definition is broader, I only have evidence for Hanako in that particular area of Sensing and Intuition. That's why I posted that one aspect.
I haven't done Misha.
I can't tell whether or not Hanako is N, but from reading ProfAllister's post I think she is J.
Hisao varies too much in the first three (particularly the middle 2) fields for me to judge.
Please explain why Emi is ENFP, because personally I disagree on everything besides E.
PRE-EDIT: damn, I somehow lost a portion of my post. What I wanted to say was similar to what Loonie already said. People tend to break down the character types into individual letters, and that provides inaccurate assesment, as the synergy of the charasteristics is even more important. Thus, I am going to describe Emi concerning each separate 'letter' and the way they interact.

I'd like to point out that I determined she is a ENFJ, not an ENFP :)

Choosing between N and S was the hardest part. Emi isn’t one to concern herself over details, she is more interested in her general goals, both personal – being a better sportsman – and interpersonal – helping Hisao. On top of that, she follows her instincts very oftenly and tries to change people using emotional power rather than facts or data.

Why F? Emi certainly isn’t an overly rational person. Moreover, she is a terrible student. For her helping Hisao and achieving better sports performance is much more important than studying. She barely passes her exams, too. Also, as I remember, she stated that she has a hard time understanding complex, scientific things.

Lastly, the choice between P and J. This one’s easy. Emi is an incredibly stubborn person, especially when it concerns her personal life. She follows a diet and has a strict routine, exercising every morning, and whenever she has free time. Her emotional world is even more adamant, as she’d rather destroy her relationship with Hisao than let him help (and try to change) her.

Looking into the Big Picture – ENFJ type people feel most happy when they inspire other people. They try to help everyone, and lead by example. Such is Emi. She sacrifices her time on energy to get Hisao off his ass and into the track. She sets up a dietary plan for him. And she does it for no personal gain, too (the need for a running partner is bullshit, she is fine with running on her own.) Oh, and both ENFP and ENFJ people (and to extent, most ‘N’ types) tend to be highly individualistic.

Oh, and I am an ENFP, and share many similarities with Emi, so that is sort of a personal argument :P
Ok, sorry, it was so late last night that I messed a lot up with my response, like ENFJ.
I used my argument about S for P, which didn't really apply, so I agree she is J. We also have agreed on E.
I'm gonna stick by what I said for S. She is her most "Emi", the most natural, when running. When running, she focuses on nothing but herself and the track. She isn't worried about what's around the curve, what her future holds, only what she is doing.
I'm inclined to believe that T or F is a complete flip. All of your evidence suggests that she has an extremely undeveloped Thinking Side. At the same time, she accepts her self-conflict over her father's death and letting anyone else into her feelings without any qualms (unless you count her dreams). She does seem to be popular, but she actually doesn't let her feelings be known to anyone outside her family before the good ending. She may have an extremely undeveloped Thinking Side, but the same goes for feeling. Ultimately, however, I will side F because her feeling side is naturally preferred, just extremely suppressed do to her extreme Judgmental side.
I got ESFJ, the caregiver for Emi. I honestly don't know why I had P down at first.
Edit: Here is an afterthought; while Rin and Hanako might seem at first like they are harder shells to crack, on second thought is much more difficult to judge Emi because of her stubbornness. She is obviously an E and J, but her extreme stick-to-the-plan J side causes her to severely suppress her Feeling side and muddle up her "natural" preference in both S/N and T/F. If we saw an epilogue or a sequel with Emi, and we saw her after opening up to Hisao, I think it would make her the easiest to judge out of all 5 heroines.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
muliebrity
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by muliebrity » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Xanatos wrote:Just skimmed this all because I find these tests ridiculous (at least as far as taking them seriously is concerned)
And they indubitably are. Anything based on the mysticism of Carl Jung is going to be claptrap.
Oh, and I took the test for the hell of it. Same result as Rin.
Sounds about right.

Given that I'm very, very similar in personality to Mutou, I'd wager he's an INTP like m'self, but it doesn't really matter since these pigeonholes are meaningless, anyway. Something you're overlooking in debating the finer points of which category each lady falls into is that these categories are usually claimed by people who buy into this stuff to be on a sliding scale (I to E, N to S etc.).
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.

User avatar
Umbra
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Umbra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 am

TehLandshark wrote:
Umbra wrote:
TehLandshark wrote: I have read several sources, however, I only posted one due to the fact that most posters aren't going to read 12 pages before coming to a long thought-out decision on this. My S/N definition is broader, I only have evidence for Hanako in that particular area of Sensing and Intuition. That's why I posted that one aspect.
I haven't done Misha.
I can't tell whether or not Hanako is N, but from reading ProfAllister's post I think she is J.
Hisao varies too much in the first three (particularly the middle 2) fields for me to judge.
Please explain why Emi is ENFP, because personally I disagree on everything besides E.
PRE-EDIT: damn, I somehow lost a portion of my post. What I wanted to say was similar to what Loonie already said. People tend to break down the character types into individual letters, and that provides inaccurate assesment, as the synergy of the charasteristics is even more important. Thus, I am going to describe Emi concerning each separate 'letter' and the way they interact.

I'd like to point out that I determined she is a ENFJ, not an ENFP :)

Choosing between N and S was the hardest part. Emi isn’t one to concern herself over details, she is more interested in her general goals, both personal – being a better sportsman – and interpersonal – helping Hisao. On top of that, she follows her instincts very oftenly and tries to change people using emotional power rather than facts or data.

Why F? Emi certainly isn’t an overly rational person. Moreover, she is a terrible student. For her helping Hisao and achieving better sports performance is much more important than studying. She barely passes her exams, too. Also, as I remember, she stated that she has a hard time understanding complex, scientific things.

Lastly, the choice between P and J. This one’s easy. Emi is an incredibly stubborn person, especially when it concerns her personal life. She follows a diet and has a strict routine, exercising every morning, and whenever she has free time. Her emotional world is even more adamant, as she’d rather destroy her relationship with Hisao than let him help (and try to change) her.

Looking into the Big Picture – ENFJ type people feel most happy when they inspire other people. They try to help everyone, and lead by example. Such is Emi. She sacrifices her time on energy to get Hisao off his ass and into the track. She sets up a dietary plan for him. And she does it for no personal gain, too (the need for a running partner is bullshit, she is fine with running on her own.) Oh, and both ENFP and ENFJ people (and to extent, most ‘N’ types) tend to be highly individualistic.

Oh, and I am an ENFP, and share many similarities with Emi, so that is sort of a personal argument :P
Ok, sorry, it was so late last night that I messed a lot up with my response, like ENFJ.
I used my argument about S for P, which didn't really apply, so I agree she is J. We also have agreed on E.
I'm gonna stick by what I said for S. She is her most "Emi", the most natural, when running. When running, she focuses on nothing but herself and the track. She isn't worried about what's around the curve, what her future holds, only what she is doing.
I'm inclined to believe that T or F is a complete flip. All of your evidence suggests that she has an extremely undeveloped Thinking Side. At the same time, she accepts her self-conflict over her father's death and letting anyone else into her feelings without any qualms (unless you count her dreams). She does seem to be popular, but she actually doesn't let her feelings be known to anyone outside her family before the good ending. She may have an extremely undeveloped Thinking Side, but the same goes for feeling. Ultimately, however, I will side F because her feeling side is naturally preferred, just extremely suppressed do to her extreme Judgmental side.
I got ESFJ, the caregiver for Emi. I honestly don't know why I had P down at first.
Edit: Here is an afterthought; while Rin and Hanako might seem at first like they are harder shells to crack, on second thought is much more difficult to judge Emi because of her stubbornness. She is obviously an E and J, but her extreme stick-to-the-plan J side causes her to severely suppress her Feeling side and muddle up her "natural" preference in both S/N and T/F. If we saw an epilogue or a sequel with Emi, and we saw her after opening up to Hisao, I think it would make her the easiest to judge out of all 5 heroines.
After having a long ass discussion on KS and MBTI with my friend, I have to agree with you, she is an ESFJ. I didn't really think this one through. Oh, and he convinced me to make some other changes:

Hanako is an ISFP
Rin is an INFP

which really seem to fit them better.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.

Post Reply