Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 pm

I myself found out what a Myers Briggs test is recently (This link explains: http://www.personalitypathways.com/MBTI_intro.html). Basically, it determines that a person is one of 16 personalities. Each personality is a 4 letter code consisting of E (Extrovert) or I (Introvert), S (Sensing) or N (Intuitive), T (Thinking) or F (Feeling), and J (Judgmental) or P (Perceiving). I, for example, am INFP, also known as an Idealist or Healer. It isn't a perfect system, especially when determining the personality of fictional characters, but from my experience and the experiences of several people I got to take the test, it has the potential to be highly accurate if answered correctly.

I have used a basic test at this link (http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html) to determine the personality type of each KS heroine (although much longer tests are available, like the one I took, I can't answer everything for each girl). Here are my results:

Shizune: ESTJ. The Guardian
E. While being deaf and mute, Shizune strives to communicate a great deal and succeeds through her boisterous translator Misha. If gifted with a voice, she would clearly be more noticeable as the extrovert she is.
S. While the iNtuitive are imaginative and creative, the Sensing are more common-sense and practical like Shizune in her managing of the school via student council leadership.
T. Shizune focuses more on objective facts and logic, whereas a Feeler (like myself) focuses more on... well... feelings, and use subjective opinions when forming decisions.
J. Shizune tries to be orderly and focused on the task at hand, while Perceivers are less worried about the deadlines.
Her profile seems fairly accurate, but I would like to be corrected if I am wrong.

Lilly: ISFJ. The Nurturer
I. No evidence beyond her sociability suggests that she is extroverted, and she seems to enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the town surrounding Yamaku as well as the quiet, isolated cabin from their vacation.
S. While I can't find evidence in the novel, the ISFJ profile fits her much better than INFJ (Protector). If you can, give me an example to edit in.
F. While Shizune seems to take a hardline, practical, by-the-book (or by-her-judgement), objective approach to everything, Lilly incorporates her feelings into her decisions rather than only facts. Her first decision to leave Japan contradicts this, but her ultimate decision to stay with Hisao is triggered by her stronger Feeling side. It is obvious that she is a Feeler rather than a Thinker.
J. Lilly seems to plan ahead her life far in advance (becoming an English teacher, going to Japan) unlike many characters of the novel who haven't the slightest idea of what their futures will be.
I, F, and J are fairly obvious, but any help with affirming or negating her as a Senser would be much appreciated

Emi: ESTP: The Doer
E. Emi is highly popular and talkative. There is no questioning her extroverted personality.
S. Emi lives in the moment. She doesn't focus on what's beyond the curve, just getting around that curve. Hisao's analysis of her running and his own running proves this.
T. Emi prefers not to share her feelings. It takes Hisao an extreme amount of effort and cunning to make her comfortable with revealing her feelings. While not a strong thinker, she clearly has a highly undeveloped feeling side. Also, she accepts her personal conflict over her father, whereas a Feeler would go insane over that without settling it.
P. The "around the curve" analogy works again: Emi doesn't plan for what's around the curve, she just does. She pushes forward. She doesn't plan what she's going to do with her life, unless you count becoming a pirate.
I feel more strongly about being correct with Emi's diagnosis than any of the other heroines.

Hanako: I?F?: The Hanako (?)
I. If you think she is an extrovert, go home.
?. I have found no evidence. Please help.
- One is mentally living in the now, one is mentally living in the future. Hanako mentally lives in the past, so that is troubling me.
F. Hanako is naturally sensitive to what others say, as evidenced by, I don't know, the entire novel?
?. I would lean P, but I have no clue to be honest. I need some help with evidence.
I have a strong feeling in my gut that she qualifies as an INFP, but any help with figuring this out would be much appreciated.

Rin: ISFP: The Artist
I. Again, evidenced by everything she does. She keeps to herself and even lives as a hermit.
S. Rin mentally lives in the now and hates impreciseness in others' speech.
F. While not connecting with others outside of art, Rin always employs personal feelings on situations while never looking just at facts.
P. Judgmental people plan ahead. Rin hasn't tried that once.
Like Emi, I feel strongly with Rin that I have hit the nail on the head.

If you think that I am wrong (which is likely), or you want to try and answer for other KS characters, go ahead and leave a reply. My main motive behind doing this post is figuring out the characters of the VN so that I can understand the motives of their actions better (especially Rin), so constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Edit: I think Kenji and Mutou are INTJ (Scientist), Hisao changes by route, Jigoro is ESTJ, Nurse is ESFJ. Done trying for now.
Edit 2: Fixed a mistake with Rin for S, fixed 2 titles
Edit 3: Here is an update on my selections:

Shizune remains ESTJ (My mortal enemy).

Lilly remains ISFJ.

Emi has switched from ESTP to ESFJ. Why?
While Emi has an undeveloped Feeling Side, the same goes for Thinking. MBTI looks for natural preference, and her lack of Feeling is due to her suppression of her own feelings and stubbornness towards not allowing others to help her through problems. Her lack of F development is artificial, so naturally she must prefer F.
I used a bad analogy for P originally due to my original misunderstanding of J/P. It is very obvious that Emi sticks to a strict routine and will not tolerate deviance from her plan of suppressing others' ability to support her.

Hanako is now an ISFJ. Why?
S mainly because the VN gives no evidence of her iNtuitive side and she obviously qualifies for some aspects of Sensing (like aware of surroundings). I still don't find much evidence supporting S, but the ISFJ profile seems to fit her better than INFJ.
J because Hanako cannot deal with the unexpected, she freaks out.

Rin has switched from ISFP to INFP (The same as me... scary). Why?
At the time, I was comwhat confused on the defining characteristics of S and N, and it is clear that Rin thinks of the abstract possibilities and ideas rather than just what "is."
Last edited by TehLandshark on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
Umber
Posts: 989
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm
Location: California

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Umber » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Just last week, I took a Myers Briggs test, now this.

Busy, so a quick skim will have to suffice for now. This is a rather interesting topic, though...Looking forward to the read.

[/lovespsychology]

To anyone who's wondering, I was categorized under INTP/Thinker.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Umber wrote:Just last week, I took a Myers Briggs test, now this.

Busy, so a quick skim will have to suffice for now. This is a rather interesting topic, though...Looking forward to the read.

[/lovespsychology]

To anyone who's wondering, I was categorized under INTP/Thinker.
I was actually influenced to take it by an INFP (like myself) at Hanako's Heartbreak Hotel (or whatever the other forum is called). INFP's like myself, this guy, (and maybe Hanako?) are naturally interested in understanding others at a deep level, so I've been trying this out with fictional characters, friends, and family for fun. I'm not perfect at judging the girls, but I'm glad to see someone who is genuinely interested.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Xanatos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:46 pm

TehLandshark wrote:My main motive behind doing this post is ...So that I can understand...Especially Rin...
Who has two thumbs and is doing it wrong? You! :P

Just skimmed this all because I find these tests ridiculous (at least as far as taking them seriously is concerned) but they all seem more or less accurate here.

Oh, and I took the test for the hell of it. Same result as Rin.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Xanatos wrote:
TehLandshark wrote:My main motive behind doing this post is ...So that I can understand...Especially Rin...
Who has two thumbs and is doing it wrong? You! :P

Just skimmed this all because I find these tests ridiculous (at least as far as taking them seriously is concerned) but they all seem more or less accurate here.

Oh, and I took the test for the hell of it. Same result as Rin.
About Rin, I know its a hopeless effort, but I'm interested in psychology so after you factor in her Aspergers and complete lack of connection to the outside world (excluding art) it seems like the Artist is a fairly accurate representation of Rin.

I didn't take mine seriously at first, until I read it and realized that I was the exact same as the INFP profile. Of course there are in-betweens who will not be particularly biased in some areas of thought, but these tests in particular (if answered correctly) are generally accurate.

I got the same as what I think (but am not entirely sure) is Hanako's. Of course I may be wrong, but it would explain why I'm much more attracted to and sympathetic of her than any of the other characters.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
Umber
Posts: 989
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm
Location: California

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Umber » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 pm

TehLandshark wrote: I was actually influenced to take it by an INFP (like myself) at Hanako's Heartbreak Hotel (or whatever the other forum is called). INFP's like myself, this guy, (and maybe Hanako?) are naturally interested in understanding others at a deep level, so I've been trying this out with fictional characters, friends, and family for fun. I'm not perfect at judging the girls, but I'm glad to see someone who is genuinely interested.
Believe you're talking about 'Hanako's Broken Heart Club.' Unless the Heartbreak Hotel's a thread I've never seen before.

Felt like the pairings here would help (I had these bookmarked from when I took my test, lucky me):
-NameOfGirl [Type + BestMatch/SecondaryMatch]

-Shizune [ESTJ + ISTP/INTP]

-Lilly [ISFJ +ESTP/ESFP]

-Emi [ESTP + ISFJ/ISTJ]

-Hanako [Planning on looking into this...]

-Rin [ISFP + ESFJ/ENFJ]

________________________________________

Looks like Emi and Lilly could be great in a relationship. Yet, considering 'opposites attract,' as well as 'birds of a feather, flock together,' you could make a couple arguments here and there for either side. There's plenty of proof that people don't develop relationships simply because a category doesn't mix with another.

And I got matched with Shizune, even though I believed so beforehand. [/cheers]
Last edited by Umber on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.

User avatar
Omega
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Omega » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Umber wrote:To anyone who's wondering, I was categorized under INTP/Thinker.
Same thing here... took the test back in high school and recently again, still the same evidently.
Umber wrote:-Lilly [ISFJ +ESTP/ESFP]
Lies! :x
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Umber wrote:
TehLandshark wrote: I was actually influenced to take it by an INFP (like myself) at Hanako's Heartbreak Hotel (or whatever the other forum is called). INFP's like myself, this guy, (and maybe Hanako?) are naturally interested in understanding others at a deep level, so I've been trying this out with fictional characters, friends, and family for fun. I'm not perfect at judging the girls, but I'm glad to see someone who is genuinely interested.
Believe you're talking about 'Hanako's Broken Heart Club.' Unless the Heartbreak Hotel's a thread I've never seen before.

Felt like the pairings here would help (I had these bookmarked from when I took my test, lucky me):
-NameOfGirl [Type + BestMatch/SecondaryMatch]

-Shizune [ESTJ + ISTP/INTP]

-Lilly [ISFJ +ESTP/ESFP]

-Emi [ESTP + ISFJ/ISTJ]

-Hanako [Planning on looking into this...]

-Rin [ISFP + ESFJ/ENFJ]

________________________________________

Looks like Emi and Lilly could be great in a relationship. Yet, considering 'opposites attract,' as well as 'birds of a feather, flock together,' you could make a couple arguments here and there for either side. There's plenty of proof that people don't develop relationships simply because a category doesn't mix with another.

And I got matched with Shizune, even though I believed so beforehand. [/cheers]
Thank you for the clarification, it is the broken hearts, not heartbreak hotel.
There are many different theories on pairings. In reality, anyone can date anyone regardless of pairings, but it is interesting to look into that kind of thing. From stories online I've heard of INFP's bonding with INFP's as well as ENTP's and ISFJ's, etc. There isn't a whole lot of science behind it, but at the same time that goes for the test as a whole.
Rin is a special case, considering her (probable) Aspergers, so I wouldn't quickly slap on a label and say that's who she will pair with.
Please look into Hanako. I am very confused on those two aspects.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Omega wrote:
Umber wrote:To anyone who's wondering, I was categorized under INTP/Thinker.
Same thing here... took the test back in high school and recently again, still the same evidently.
That's interesting, many people change in certain aspects over time. I, for example, definitely went from INTP to INFP over the course of the last several months or so (possibly influenced by KS's feels).
Omega wrote:
Umber wrote:-Lilly [ISFJ +ESTP/ESFP]
Lies! :x
Agreed, Lilly is everyone's waifu :3
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
Omega
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Omega » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Yes, well, I am stubbornly resistant to change... as a defense mechanism from some pretty bad times as a kid.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Omega wrote:Yes, well, I am stubbornly resistant to change... as a defense mechanism from some pretty bad times as a kid.
Nothing wrong with that. What was your result, out of curiosity?
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

User avatar
Omega
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by Omega » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm

INTP, as I said above.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Omega wrote:INTP, as I said above.
Oh, ok. I saw that you responded to Umber, but I forgot that you said you had the same.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

ProfAllister
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by ProfAllister » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm

This topic has come up a few times. I threw my opinion in one several months ago. If I decide my opinion's changed, I'll follow up on it, but there it is.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754

User avatar
TehLandshark
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 pm

ProfAllister wrote:This topic has come up a few times. I threw my opinion in one several months ago. If I decide my opinion's changed, I'll follow up on it, but there it is.
I had no idea, thanks for the link. I was introduced to KS after that, and the forums even later so I had no way of knowing.
Edit: Woah. You really know your stuff, now that I've looked at your post. I'm glad to see a much more informed person with an extensive covering of the topic. I just wish it had a more definite answer from Hanako on S/N. I see your point with her being a J.
Edit 2:I seriously disagree with your stance on Emi as an SFJ and Lilly as E, but otherwise I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!

Post Reply