The most likely to become an emotionally abusive mother?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?

Hanako. The bullied becomes the bully.
18%
Emi. Years of ignoring her issues causes them to spill over in the worst possible way.
20%
Shizune. Loneliness wrecks her mental health.
31%
Lilly. She... um... resents having a wonderful life?
7%
Rin. Driven insane by loneliness and isolation.
9%
Misha. Hateful towards the child that does not belong to Shizune, that she created with someone she loves far less.
15%

Total votes: 55

Katie

The most likely to become an emotionally abusive mother?

Post by Katie »

As we all know, the leading heroines of Katawa Shoujo have undergone great traumas and experienced a great deal of pain. I don't think any of them would become physically abusive... however! It's a well-known fact that many emotionally abusive parents lived rotten childhoods themselves. Do you think any of the katawa shoujos might emotionally mistreat their future children due to their poor mental and emotional health? Debate!

(I vote for Hanako and Emi because they prove themselves in-game to be the most vindictive and spiteful of the girls.)
Umber

Re: The most likely to become an emotionally abusive mother?

Post by Umber »

Oh, jeez. Another touchy topic, Katie?

Let's see if this turns into something good (as in, not a complete hate-thread), as I personally don't have any opinions on this. Yet.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I don't see any of them being abusive. But f I had to choose one, I'd go with Shizune. They do say abuse is passed on from one generation to the next.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hanako is vindictive and spiteful?

What game did you play again?

They're all equally unlikely, seeing as there is no evidence at all that any of them would do so. At the most, Shizune would be a hardass. That's as close to an "emotionally abusive mother" as any of them would get, period.
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
win746

Post by win746 »

...... What's up with all your posts? Not all parents with bad childhood will become abusive, in fact I see a lot who wants their children to get better childhood that they didn't have.

Well, even if Hisao never went for Hanako and she never recover by herself like joining newspaper club, she might have resolved later. Considering if she have children then she has someone special with her.

As for Misha, people do get over rejections, especially high school crush. I highly doubt a character like Misha will cling on like that.

So, no vote.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Seriously, why?

Others, feel free to contribute to the thread, but I want nothing to do with it. These topics you've been making are seriously fucked up.

Nulled.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

d
Last edited by Dr. Casey on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Where's the "none of the above" option? I don't see any of them ever becoming anything close to an abusive parent.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

None of those options seems to justify any of them becoming abusive mothers. They're also rather shallow reasons for such behavior, and anyone whose read this VN knows the girls are anything but shallow. If anything, whatever hardships they've experienced would more than likely cause them to be extremely loving and dedicated parents.
Last edited by ShadeHaven on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'm not saying this thread premise is largely nonsense based on the flimsiest of highly unpleasant speculations but I am saying this thread sucks.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Chaon

Post by Chaon »

sorry if I'm too means. But what is the point of this topic?
I like pencil. | My name is (Cha-On) this -Cha- pronounce as -Che- from Che Guevara.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

Chaon wrote:sorry if I'm too means. But what is the point of this topic?
To see how long a pointless thread can survive.
What is there left to say?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Chaon wrote:sorry if I'm too means. But what is the point of this topic?
Insofar as I can tell, we're supposed to decide which girl will abuse their kid based on zero evidence and paper-thin baseless speculations. And since we're just disregarding the actual character of the girls, well, I say Lilly will torture her children to death.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Xanatos wrote:
Insofar as I can tell, we're supposed to decide which girl will abuse their kid based on zero evidence and paper-thin baseless speculations. And since we're just disregarding the actual character of the girls, well, I say Lilly will torture her children to death.
And of course, Shizune will work her poor child to deaf.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Xanatos wrote:And since we're just disregarding the actual character of the girls, well, I say Lilly will torture her children to death.
Can't stop laughing. :lol:

I do find it interesting that Hanako's in the lead. Apparently two others agree with Katie?