Who would you choose to voice the characters?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Post Reply
User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by pandaphil » Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Not sure where to post this, but Katawa Seiyū has their Hanako.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... PH0O6FDEbA
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
BlackWaltzTheThird
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird » Sat May 11, 2013 12:36 am

There is an existing topic for the Seiyuu project, but it was mostly there just to redirect people to the Youtube channel or the HBHC forums after we got politely asked to leave. Here will be fine.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by pandaphil » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 am

Ah thanks. I know I reported that they'd signed up someone to do Rin, but I couldn't remember what thread I'd put it in.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

cassinova
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by cassinova » Sat May 11, 2013 7:07 am

Well let's just say they all have my voice when I play the game. So really it sounds like I am talking to myself, or I am dating myself, or when I am going to meet myself's mother, the mother has my voice, so it sounds like I am the mother.

Lodin
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by Lodin » Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 am

pandaphil wrote:Not sure where to post this, but Katawa Seiyū has their Hanako.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... PH0O6FDEbA
That's actually pretty spot on to what I had in my head for her. I was thinking about it today after glancing at this thread title, and thought 'Melissa Hutchison, but a bit higher pitched...'

cassinova
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by cassinova » Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 pm

cassinova wrote:Well let's just say they all have my voice when I play the game. So really it sounds like I am talking to myself, or I am dating myself, or when I am going to meet myself's mother, the mother has my voice, so it sounds like I am the mother.
I still believe that all characters should be voiced by one person. mine.

DeoxFeels
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by DeoxFeels » Thu May 23, 2013 7:38 am

Difficult question, however I think Nana Mizuki would make a good Hanako 8)

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by pandaphil » Thu May 23, 2013 3:59 pm

DeoxFeels wrote:Difficult question, however I think Nana Mizuki would make a good Hanako 8)

I don't know my Japanese va's, but yep, I gotta admit I hear Japanese when I hear them speak. Especially the emotional scenes.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

DeoxFeels
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by DeoxFeels » Thu May 23, 2013 5:14 pm

pandaphil wrote:
DeoxFeels wrote:Difficult question, however I think Nana Mizuki would make a good Hanako 8)

I don't know my Japanese va's, but yep, I gotta admit I hear Japanese when I hear them speak. Especially the emotional scenes.
She's fameous for Hinata in Naruto, and often voice shy characters as well :)

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 pm

DeoxFeels wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
DeoxFeels wrote:Difficult question, however I think Nana Mizuki would make a good Hanako 8)

I don't know my Japanese va's, but yep, I gotta admit I hear Japanese when I hear them speak. Especially the emotional scenes.
She's fameous for Hinata in Naruto, and often voice shy characters as well :)
Being famous for any part of Naruto is worse than being a broke gutter hobo.

I want to see Chris Tucker voice Kenji.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by KeiichiO » Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Xanatos wrote:Being famous for any part of Naruto is worse than being a broke gutter hobo.
You're very strange.

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by pandaphil » Thu May 23, 2013 9:15 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Being famous for any part of Naruto is worse than being a broke gutter hobo.
You're very strange.

Well yeah.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 23, 2013 9:21 pm

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Being famous for any part of Naruto is worse than being a broke gutter hobo.
You're very strange.
No, I just have taste. :P

Tone Loc must voice Jigoro, obviously...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by KeiichiO » Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Being famous for any part of Naruto is worse than being a broke gutter hobo.
You're very strange.
No, I just have taste. :P
It's not that. I'm just confuzled on how you think being a broke gutter hobo is better than being a successful voice actress, making lots of money voicing for one of the most popular anime of all time. You have strange standards, Ah tell you hwhat.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Who would you choose to voice the characters?

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 23, 2013 11:06 pm

KeiichiO wrote:It's not that. I'm just confuzled on how you think being a broke gutter hobo is better than being a successful voice actress, making lots of money voicing for one of the most popular anime of all time. You have strange standards, Ah tell you hwhat.
Anything is better than being associated with complete and utter shit, no matter how much said shit pays.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Post Reply