Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by BananaPudding » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 pm

YZQ wrote:I can imagine Emi and Shizune being totally radical moms who only step in before (and maybe even after) their kids had triggered WWIII by hacking into the security systems of the major powers.
Shizune doesn't give me that vibe at all, it seems to me that she would have her kids on a pretty short leash
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
pisceanreve
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by pisceanreve » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm

hmmm I'm probably most like Emi in that I'm outgoing, like to try new things, her sort of manner, etc. but I also think I'm like Shizune too, being competitive, liking to get things done, though not quite as anal and organized lol definitely not organized, but still very determined and leader-like.

User avatar
Helbereth
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Helbereth » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Ever seen The Breakfast Club?

If not, stop being a jerk and go watch it somewhere.

There's a speech at the end, a soliloquy spoken over the conclusion of the movie by the various cast member, that embodies the sense I got from KS--and any bit of fiction worth the page it's printed on, or pixels it inhabits. That all the various characters, however individual they may seem, how different their background, or how volatile their interactions may be, each reflect a piece of each other, and the reader can take part from each character as their own.

User avatar
ArazelEternal
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Anywhere, as long as Hanako is by my side...
Contact:

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by ArazelEternal » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Hanako reflects me very closely as I went though school. I didnt have any friends in elementary or middle school. The only friends I ever had through school I met in my junior and senior years of high school. Though all of my school years aside from the last two, I felt as if everyone was against me for reasons I did not know of. Even in my last two years I had many more enemies than friends. I had no confidence, I still have no confidence. I would always stay away from people and would much rather work alone than with someone else, many times I wanted to just hide or go away completely. However, like Hanakos good end, I did find a few friends that Im still close to this day. Im 27 now, so thats 9+ years for most of them.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.

AR700SAW
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by AR700SAW » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:15 pm

I guess I'm kind of a hybrid of my favourite 3; for Hanako, I'm a shy guy when not around close friends, but I still try to be very open and supportive of others if they come to me with their problems. I hope to find a girl out there who's able to listen like I do and be supportive, since it's hard for me to truly trust people like it is for her (except for me, it's hard for me to think of somebody as genuinely reliable, someone who'll be there when you fall and not laugh in your face for falling). For Emi, I guess it's more of a target than what I actually am; I see how she's bettered herself even with all the trouble she's had and still strives to go even further despite it all. And for Lilly, I guess it's that I try my hardest to not let problems come between the things I love and me, offering support when I can as stated above.
Emi > Hanako (extremely close second) > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

With these beautiful FanFictions included (Hanako: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6750 Rika: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5920 Suzu: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6192), the order goes:
Hanako > Emi > Rika > Suzu > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

User avatar
ReCodes
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by ReCodes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Hanako.
i was once have autism :mrgreen:
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by KeiichiO » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

ReCodes wrote:Hanako.
i was once have autism :mrgreen:
What? Hanako doesn't have autism, and one can't be cured of autism. I love you ReCodes, but that was a really ignorant post you just made. Think before you post. You might piss some people off.

User avatar
ReCodes
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by ReCodes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:43 pm

i'm not saying Hanako have autism :roll:
the depression and all man
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...

User avatar
Scorch
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: A city raining ash...

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Scorch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:08 pm

I think i'm a mix of a few, though most like Hanako. I was bullied for quite a long time in my life and it's left me with a rather shy personality. Sometimes i space out like Rin and just get lost in the abyss of my own mind. Whenever I'm conducting myself around others i have been told i act a little to formal when i should be more casual, so i guess that makes me a little like Lily.

User avatar
ReCodes
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by ReCodes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm

sorry if my answer tick you off
i'm too brief at answering
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...

User avatar
Earl_of_Grey
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Earl_of_Grey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 am

I'm very much Rin right now. I struggle to express myself, emotionally and logically. What's in my head can be typed just fine right now, but if I tried to say this I'd just confuse everyone else, then myself. Possibly in reverse order.
I can identify with her struggle to make sense of how she feels, and when she has breakdowns throughout her arc trying to make sense of herself, I felt so much empathy for her.

On a lighter note, like her I can amuse myself for hours doing things simply because I have an urge to, or simply because people tell me I can't do them.

However, my favourite heroine, Lilly, is who I want to be. Calm, in control, with a wide knowledge of tea and etiquette, and a surprising hidden side able to cut loose when it needs to.

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by KeiichiO » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 am

Earl_of_Grey wrote:I'm very much Rin right now. I struggle to express myself, emotionally and logically. What's in my head can be typed just fine right now, but if I tried to say this I'd just confuse everyone else, then myself. Possibly in reverse order.
I can identify with her struggle to make sense of how she feels, and when she has breakdowns throughout her arc trying to make sense of herself, I felt so much empathy for her.

On a lighter note, like her I can amuse myself for hours doing things simply because I have an urge to, or simply because people tell me I can't do them.

However, my favourite heroine, Lilly, is who I want to be. Calm, in control, with a wide knowledge of tea and etiquette, and a surprising hidden side able to cut loose when it needs to.
I'm like that as well. I can kinda say what I want to say over the internet because I have all the time in the world to think about what I want to say, but in person, it'd different, and rather difficult.

Expression is also rather hard. It's like I was born with neglected emotions, and the only way I can kinda express myself is through art. (In my case, music)

And don't get me started with social situations... Let us just say I'm a castaway due to my... ummm... uniqueness. I guess that's a way describe it. Maybe.

I say I'm like Rin, but I'm also a lot like the other heroines in ways. Hanako especially. I don't particularly like people, and have trust issues due to constant betrayal. I would even go so far as saying I'm afraid of humans. I wasn't always like this, but after so many years of betrayal, people crushing my dreams in a sense, I find it very hard to be able to trust people. Also, I wouldn't say I have self esteem issues, but I can be rather self-conscious about my appearance. Very self-conscious, actually...

As for Lily, I guess I'm like her. I'm quite nonchalant, but I'm also described as 'crazy', and 'out there'. Maybe I'm a Lily on something... On second thought, I'm not much like Lily. At all...

User avatar
Earl_of_Grey
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Earl_of_Grey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 am

KeiichiO wrote: Expression is also rather hard. It's like I was born with neglected emotions, and the only way I can kinda express myself is through art. (In my case, music)

And don't get me started with social situations... Let us just say I'm a castaway due to my... ummm... uniqueness. I guess that's a way describe it. Maybe.
Hmm, good point, I guess I'd be able to include some of Hanako in my personality. Like you, I don't do well in social situations. In my case, a terrible mental filter that makes me blurt things out and spending much of my time left alone because so many find the things I say too random or strange has given me a very Hanako-like attitude toward other people. If I don't know them so well, I'm anxious as hell and tend to feel safest i my own company.

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by KeiichiO » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 am

Earl_of_Grey wrote:Hmm, good point, I guess I'd be able to include some of Hanako in my personality. Like you, I don't do well in social situations. In my case, a terrible mental filter that makes me blurt things out and spending much of my time left alone because so many find the things I say too random or strange has given me a very Hanako-like attitude toward other people. If I don't know them so well, I'm anxious as hell and tend to feel safest i my own company.
Wanting to be alone is very much like Hanako. I can vouch for you there. The blurting "random" things out reminds me more of Rin, actually.

I think of stuff. A lot of stuff. Like, so much stuff, my brain can't hold it all in. So, when I'm around people, I say "random" things that are on my mind that I, myself, don't find random or strange, but others seem to think so. I wish I could see who I am outside my body. I wanna see how others see me. I think that'd be an interesting experience.

User avatar
Earl_of_Grey
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 am

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Earl_of_Grey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 am

KeiichiO wrote:I think of stuff. A lot of stuff. Like, so much stuff, my brain can't hold it all in. So, when I'm around people, I say "random" things that are on my mind that I, myself, don't find random or strange, but others seem to think so. I wish I could see who I am outside my body. I wanna see how others see me. I think that'd be an interesting experience.
Augh, I know right? I'll say something that seems so brilliant and thought-provoking, then realise after I've said it that it made no sense at all and now nobody knows how to deal with me. I really do wish I could know what people honestly think of me and see me as. Even just for curiousness' sake, to know what sort of person I am.

Post Reply