Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shironeko

Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by Shironeko »

For example, if you like Shizune maybe you're a competitive person and that makes her seem more fun. If your favourite is Hanako, maybe you've had a past trauma that makes her relate-able.

Those are just examples I thought of on the spot, but you get the idea.
muliebrity

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by muliebrity »

Both Emi and Lilly represent elements of who I would like to be, not who I am. This has been the case with some of my real relationships.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hmmm. A shy, introverted person with a bad self image thanks to past episodes of bullying and teasing by peers at school, and only has a very few people to call friends?

Maybe.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

muliebrity wrote:Both Emi and Lilly represent elements of who I would like to be, not who I am. This has been the case with some of my real relationships.
^ That's what I would like to be too, I think before KS I was the bitter and sad Hisao after his 6 months recovery (and I'm aware Hisao isn't one of the heroines). I think I'm a bit Shizune before and right now, but not in a great way.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

I used to be a lot like Shizune, right down to the whole "lonely rich kid with no friends" part. My very name means "strict" and I still have to push that part of me into the back of my head occasionally. Who I am right now is a complicated blend of Lilly, Rin, and Hanako that doesn't entirely make sense.
What is there left to say?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hanako (not necessarily my favorite) reflects me quite a bit. From the tile game to the self-loathing to the years of inescapable peer contempt...Even had my fair share of Lilly(s)...Which is to say, people who weren't friends but had pity to give (assuming you go by Hanako's bad end, she did view Lilly as this to a degree).

I never stood for it though. I'd rather be alone. Truth be told, if the 'net wasn't around to keep me connected, I'd have self-terminated years ago. I still hit some incredibly dark times and I'm currently struggling to fight off a looming black period...

And I've got a fair deal of Rin too. Difficulty with words (with a hell of a vocabulary too, which makes it all the more frustrating), can't always grasp things I'm told...Tend to zone out in public, get way too into my thoughts...Insofar as people have told me, they think I'm a massive prick for ignoring them...

@Hans: ...How rich? :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Well, I've stated this many times before, but I think in some ways, I am very much like Rin. I'm no male-version, but I feel that I am truly a Rin-kin in more ways then one.

The main reason I think this is that we both are lost with words. (A good example is me trying to verbally explain this. The right words just don't come to mind) I'll be experiencing this feeling inside that... I think I can understand myself, but I can't, for the life of me, explain the feeling with words. They'll be words that sort of fit the qualifications for said feelings, but I feel that there's just no proper way to write down what's going on in my head, almost as if the English language was limited by my own thoughts. Very hard to explain, like Rin. Words just seem to fail me, let's just leave it at that.

Another reason is that we both share similar hobbies. I like all forms of art, though being nowhere close to an expert. I simply adore cloud gazing, and always have since I was little. I can sit on the grass and just stare at the sky for hours-on-end without feeling a hint of boredom. I can also be very awkward in social situations. Apparently, I sometimes act unsuitable in public which causes people to back away, similar to how Rin scares Lilly away with her different way of viewing things.

I also think it's pretty intriguing that my favorite character from KS shares the same day of birth as me. It doesn't really prove anything, but I just think it adds to the whole package in a way, and I'm very happy that I can relate to my favorite character in yet another, albeit small, be nonetheless meaningful way.

EDIT:I think a quote from a pudgy pink starfish sums up how I feel about my own psyche. :lol:
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

While it was Lilly who invoked the most "feels", the girl I like the most and am most similar to is Rin.

I know what I want to say, but my mouth and brain don't seem to cooperate, which often results in me spewing out nonsensical rubbish. That's why I prefer short answers/replies, it's easier to maintain my train of thought this way. It's a shame that they often are so out of place - someone might be talking about how their dog got run over this morning and the next thing I say will be "You hungry? I can go buy us something" out of nowhere. Maybe I lack common sense. Maybe I lack empathy. But so does Rin. Same goes for the "artist" sense. I often fiddle with random stuff in Paint.NET, creating images that don't really mean anything. I have no artistic skill whatsoever, but everything I create must be sculpted down to the finest detail. "Good/Satisfying" is simply not good enough. It must be perfect, I must give it absolutely everything I got. I can spend hours looking at an image/clay figure I'm making trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with it, and I will not be able to sleep until I know. People also say that it's nice to just sit idly in silence with me, that I have this friendly aura around me. I don't know, I always considered myself as a rather unfriendly and biased person.

I also doze off quite often, staring blankly into space. It can go on for minutes without me even realising.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Sedinus wrote: *Look up*

Damn, we could be twins, in a way... maybe...

Pretty much EVERYTHING you just stated looks like a pretty damn-good description of me, and my utter-most being. Pretty much every little written aspect of that paragraph screams, "KEIICHI", in one way or another. I feel intrigued, and slightly creeped out... though, mostly the former of the two. I feel I should elaborate and give an example on why I feel that your post was so relatable, but again, words are really failing me right this very moment... Let's just say I couldn't word it any better than you could.

---

I guess I should add something to my previous post on how I can relate to Rin, which I completely forgot to mention;
I often doze off and enter the magical land that is, "Keiichi's Thoughts" on a second-to-second basis, and become completely oblivious to the surrounding world. I find it rather hard to stay focused on a single subject because my mind will just drift off into multiple series' of deep thoughts and personal pondering. I did't do too amazingly in school for this very reason. During the teachers lectures, my mind would practically say, "Fuck this", and go off and do its own thing. I find it incomprehensibly hard to actually control my own thought process, and I sometimes feel as if my mind has its own mind of its own, which also has a mind of its own-- and I could go on and on; yes, sort of like a, "Mindception", if you will.

Sometimes these thoughts are really intricate and personal, but other times, they are just simple pondering about the most seemingly simple of subjects; yet my mind takes this relatively easy-to-understand thought process, and turns it into a formula of complicated code that I, myself, find it hard to understand. This is how I, in one way, feel that I don't even understand myself; like, I don't even know who, or what I am or why I'm even thinking about this subject in the first place.

Fuck, I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense of myself...
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

KeiichiO wrote: I find it rather hard to stay focused on a single subject because my mind will just drift off into multiple series' of deep thoughts and personal pondering. I did't do too amazingly in school for this very reason. During the teachers lectures, my mind would practically say, "Fuck this", and go off and do its own thing. I find it incomprehensibly hard to actually control my own thought process, and I sometimes feel as if my mind has its own mind of its own, which also has a mind of its own-- and I could go on and on; yes, sort of like a, "Mindception", if you will.
Similar stuff happened in my case. Ever since I remember I wasn't able to focus on stuff that I didn't find interesting - no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't remember and/or learn a single bit of information related to that particular boring subject. It's like my mind is rejecting things that I don't consider exciting, stimulating in a way. If that's the problem I just drift off and think about... inspiring stuff. Physics is tedious and nobody can force me to believe otherwise. Chemistry is boring as hell. Math? Only when I can simply look, read and absorb the numbers. I know it may sound weird, but I remember numbers by the way they sound. It's very much alike with dates of any description - I don't remember what happened in this particular year because the event was important. I remember because the date sounds/looks good/interesting to me. Like the year 1337. You know what happened back then? It was the beginning of Hundred Years' War. But I didn't remember it because a war started that year, I remembered because it was 1337. I have no idea who fought against whom and why, hell I don't even know when it ended (although I recall it lasting more than 100 years) - I just know that it started and 1337.

When I find something I consider interesting, however, I can get so absorbed in it that I even forget to eat, sleep and shower. When I'm making a sculpture it must be completed in one go, otherwise I won't be able to finish it. Like when I spent nearly 37 hours making a Doomguy clay figure after Christmas. When I get hooked in a good book I absolutely have to reach the end before dusk.
KeiichiO wrote: Fuck, I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense of myself...
Don't worry, I myself don't know either.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Sedinus wrote:Similar stuff happened in my case. Ever since I remember I wasn't able to focus on stuff that I didn't find interesting - no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't remember and/or learn a single bit of information related to that particular boring subject. It's like my mind is rejecting things that I don't consider exciting, stimulating in a way. If that's the problem I just drift off and think about... inspiring stuff. Physics is tedious and nobody can force me to believe otherwise. Chemistry is boring as hell. Math? Only when I can simply look, read and absorb the numbers. I know it may sound weird, but I remember numbers by the way they sound. It's very much alike with dates of any description - I don't remember what happened in this particular year because the event was important. I remember because the date sounds/looks good/interesting to me. Like the year 1337. You know what happened back then? It was the beginning of Hundred Years' War. But I didn't remember it because a war started that year, I remembered because it was 1337. I have no idea who fought against whom and why, hell I don't even know when it ended (although I recall it lasting more than 100 years) - I just know that it started and 1337.
There you go again, really looking like another me right there. Kindred spirits, man.

My mind is honestly tired from trying to describe itself, so I'm probably going to be brief here... or at least, I'll try.

I also feel like my mind rejects things that I don't consider exciting, or to my liking. I honestly hated math in school, and thought it was completely and utterly useless, unless I was going into a profession that had to deal with math, which is highly unlikely based on my ideas and plans of dream careers. I did poorly in math and geometry because... well, it felt like a waste of my intellectualism, to put it simply. That's just my personal view on the subject though.

I'm not sure if I understand your ways of remembering things though. It's very interesting, although rather confusing. Heh, we can't always seem to understand each other, though, I try. I have a terrible memory all together, so I don't really have any working techniques to remember details, weather important or not.
Sedinus wrote:When I find something I consider interesting, however, I can get so absorbed in it that I even forget to eat, sleep and shower. When I'm making a sculpture it must be completed in one go, otherwise I won't be able to finish it. Like when I spent nearly 37 hours making a Doomguy clay figure after Christmas. When I get hooked in a good book I absolutely have to reach the end before dusk.

Welp, I believe it's official. I think I have found my evil/good twin. I never though I'd see the day, but that day has finally come. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm the same exact way. I guess one could call me an Otaku, but I don't think that's a good way to describe it, though, not sure how else to. I was into clay sculpting, and when I would be making a creation, I couldn't put it down. If I started sculpting it in the evening, I wouldn't be able to sleep until the project was done. The future finished product was always on my mind, and I found it impossible to do anything else until I was happy with my work.

Also, like you said, if I'm absorbed into a certain hobby of mine, I'll forget to take care of myself while I'm in the middle of it. I can go days without eating, and I often experience many sleepless nights. I've developed insomnia due to this, and other related reasons, such as deep pondering sessions before I attempt to go to sleep. I'm not sure if my insomnia can connect me with Rin, though she does seem like the kind of person who'd be kept up all night by her active thought process. In any case, I do find it easy to relate to you in one or two ways.

Edit: Remember when I said I was going to try and be brief with this? Yeah, I lied. I can't help but describe things in a lengthy manner.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For me, not really. I probably am closest in personality to Rin: a bit scatter-brained, and a fondness of changing the subject at the drop of a hat. But, I don't have her issues of communication. Now working full-time and I like to think that I get my job done. Also, I tend not to let anything get me down.

My favourite heroine will have to be Hanako. She badly needs a Dare to be Badass speech.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I've touched on how I share Emi's take-it-as-it-comes attitude before, and while I'm not particularly proud of it, it is still a part of me. Having said that, I feel like we all can see a bit of ourselves in each of the heroines, so I suppose the main differences in this topic will be the degree to which those heroines are similar to us.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

I can say I'm a wacky kind of guy, But if anything I think I am most like Rin.

Why? Because when she talks about not knowing who "she" really is. That struck a chord. I've done the take it as it comes attitude such as Emmi, I used to be the serious introvert due to extremely similar reasons as Hanako (Minus the burns and such), I used to be extremely competitive like Shizune and Still am to a degree (I used to be a beast of a gamer but the years of depression kinda take its toll), I keep way too upbeat about things sometimes like Misha (Although she isn't exactly one of the Heroines), and as for Lilly, Well I have a play through to get through tonight don't I?

But as I said in a certain way I feel as though Rin currently captures a bit more of me than most. But I extremely outgoing now compared to the old Hanako introvert/ Hisao self loathing person I was. But my biggest issue is that I really don't know who the hell I really am, and I probably won't know for a long time to come, but hell If I don't try right?

Though I will say I share the same enthusiasm as Mutou in terms of how fascinating science is lol. Anyway, I would have to think more about this seeing as I still don't have an exact pinpoint as to where I am.
ImageImage
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SirSlaughter wrote:But as I said in a certain way I feel as though Rin currently captures a bit more of me than most. But I extremely outgoing now compared to the old Hanako introvert/ Hisao self loathing person I was. But my biggest issue is that I really don't know who the hell I really am, and I probably won't know for a long time to come, but hell If I don't try right?

Though I will say I share the same enthusiasm as Mutou in terms of how fascinating science is lol. Anyway, I would have to think more about this seeing as I still don't have an exact pinpoint as to where I am.
I think that at some point in everyone's life, we all have an issue with being familiar with our own identity, and knowing what the exact significance of our existence on Earth is. What is our purpose in the world? What is the drive that keeps us living as who we are? How can we contribute to society in a way that we, ourselves, can enjoy? These are all questions we human beings are faced with, and it sometimes feels like we will never get the answers to these questions, but I assure you, over time, you will answer these questions yourself with profound experience.

As for appreciating science like Mutou, I can agree with you there. I've always been fascinated by scientific discoveries, even if I don't quite understand it all. I've always been a science-and-reason kind of guy for as long as I can remember, though, still believe in some spiritual...stuff.