The truth about Emi's first relationship.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?

The boyfriend eventually became fed up and dumped Emi.
73%
Emi realized she was just wasting his time and broke up with him.
10%
The boyfriend lost his temper one day and beat up Emi. She proceeded to break off ties with him.
No votes
Emi cheated on him just to make the guy take a hint and get lost.
3%
The boy fell in love with another girl who treated him better, and dumped Emi.
5%
The boy was driven to such deep sorrow that he committed suicide.
3%
There was never an ex-boyfriend and Emi was just playing mind games to make Hisao jealous.
8%

Total votes: 40

Katie

The truth about Emi's first relationship.

Post by Katie »

It's never revealed how Emi's first relationship, which she tells Hisao about towards the finale of her route, came to an end... but how do you think things played out?
A Forum Member

Re: The truth about Emi's first relationship.

Post by A Forum Member »

As I remember it, she clearly stated that he gave up on the relationship because Emi wouldn't let him get close to her. Same thing as with Hisao except Hisao didn't give up.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

A Forum Member wrote:As I remember it, she clearly stated that he gave up on the relationship because Emi wouldn't let him get close to her. Same thing as with Hisao except Hisao didn't give up.
Pretty much how I saw it. Hisao was just more stubborn. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I think that Emi was such an maniacal, and hateful bitch, that her previous boyfriend felt the only way to get out of the relationship was to end his own life via noose. It's a completely rational way to break off ties :roll:
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

KeiichiO wrote:I think that Emi was such an maniacal, and hateful bitch, that her previous boyfriend felt the only way to get out of the relationship was to end his own life via noose. It's a completely rational way to break off ties :roll:
...Tongue... Firmly in cheek, I hope?

I think it's no one's business but her own. People make far too big a deal of this.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

A Forum Member wrote:As I remember it, she clearly stated that he gave up on the relationship because Emi wouldn't let him get close to her. Same thing as with Hisao except Hisao didn't give up.
Aye, this.
win746

Post by win746 »

Three of the choices implies Emi is like, stated earlier:
KeiichiO wrote:maniacal, and hateful bitch
Because that is totally how her character is. :? Also needless to say again, the game did state what happened.

I'll be surprise if this thread drags on for long.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

muliebrity wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:I think that Emi was such an maniacal, and hateful bitch, that her previous boyfriend felt the only way to get out of the relationship was to end his own life via noose. It's a completely rational way to break off ties :roll:
...Tongue... Firmly in cheek, I hope?

I think it's no one's business but her own. People make far too big a deal of this.
It was just one of my dark jokes is all. No need to look into it, really.

Anyway, I agree with you wholeheartedly. What's in the past, is in the past. No need to bring it up when it's really not necessary. Emi is with Hisao, (if that's your preferred ending) and that's all that matters. I'm not saying there's no need for speculation, but I honestly don't care how her previous relationship went or how it ended. The thought never crossed my thoughts during my playthrough of Emi's route.
Katie

Post by Katie »

So, to take this conversation a step further, does anyone think it was needlessly cruel to break up with someone that had undergone so much trauma, and that Emi's boyfriend should have shown more tolerance to her situation - no matter how many years it took, or even if his efforts never reaped fruit at all?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

No. It was never the guy's duty to fix Emi's trauma for her or put up with the stonewalling for an extended amount of time. It was a highschool relationship, not a marriage. The guy started it with certain expectations and broke it off when it became clear that Emi wasn't able to meet those expectations. He was her highschool boyfriend, not her therapist.

BTW, I'm kinda wondering if the nurse never tried referring Emi to Yamaku's therapists. As far as I know those therapists are there exactly because part of the student body has a condition as a result of some nasty accident and PTSD symptoms are probably higher than average in Yamaku's student base. Maybe he knew Emi wasn't going to attend therapy anyway or maybe his personal bond with Emi got in the way.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Katie wrote:So, to take this conversation a step further, does anyone think it was needlessly cruel to break up with someone that had undergone so much trauma, and that Emi's boyfriend should have shown more tolerance to her situation - no matter how many years it took, or even if his efforts never reaped fruit at all?
Emi probably didn't tell him anything and he had no idea about her problems. And like the others have said, no one can really blame him for breaking up with her.
Last edited by A Forum Member on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
win746

Post by win746 »

Katie wrote:So, to take this conversation a step further, does anyone think it was needlessly cruel to break up with someone that had undergone so much trauma, and that Emi's boyfriend should have shown more tolerance to her situation - no matter how many years it took, or even if his efforts never reaped fruit at all?
The ex boyfriend didn't know anything about Emi's private life, so he obviously wouldn't know what happened. I think the break up didn't really affect Emi too, since she didn't open up to her ex that much, so no emotional bond. Until someone as stubborn as Hisao came along, I think no one would try hard enough to take their relationship with Emi to another step. Its just more pressure on top of their own life. I think at that point Hisao didn't care about his own problems anyway.

So no, nothing cruel about that.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

pandaphil wrote:
Pretty much how I saw it. Hisao was just more stubborn. :)
I would say it's not just that Hisao didn't give up or was more stubborn than the other guy, Hisao found the right way to get close to her without being a knight in shining armor that she hates so much (In the good ending I haven't gotten any of the bad ones so idk how different they are)
I don't think it's a matter of her boyfriend showing tolerance to her situation, they just had different things they wanted from a relationship. Emi only wanted someone fun to hang around and do things with. While a relationship to her boyfriend (and Hisao, and myself tbh) was something more than that he wanted someone he could get close too (possibly wanting to help her or save her which would be a reason for Emi to be so against the idea with Hisao, although she would probably feel the same way wether or not her previous boyfriend was like that), not just another friend that he happens to hold hands with
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Absolutely not. If anything was cruel, it was her starting a relationship with no intent to ever allow it to grow into anything worthwhile.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I still think that it is a freaking miracle that Hisao had the patience and stubbornness to get through to her.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal