The truth about Emi's first relationship.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?

The boyfriend eventually became fed up and dumped Emi.
73%
Emi realized she was just wasting his time and broke up with him.
10%
The boyfriend lost his temper one day and beat up Emi. She proceeded to break off ties with him.
No votes
Emi cheated on him just to make the guy take a hint and get lost.
3%
The boy fell in love with another girl who treated him better, and dumped Emi.
5%
The boy was driven to such deep sorrow that he committed suicide.
3%
There was never an ex-boyfriend and Emi was just playing mind games to make Hisao jealous.
8%

Total votes: 40

Xanatos

Re: The truth about Emi's first relationship.

Post by Xanatos »

Warwise wrote:Yes, she has issues, but she works on them.
What game were you playing? She doesn't work on a damn thing. She just runs (often literally) from it all the time.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
What game were you playing? She doesn't work on a damn thing. She just runs (often literally) from it all the time.
This pretty much. Her idea of working on a problem is to push it down inside and pretend it doesn't exist. She may seem to be happy, but this really isn't good for her. Take how she handled her leg injury for example. If Hisao hadn't stepped in she could have been serious hurt. Ignoring your problems just because you don't want to have to depend on someone isn't mature, or healthy.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Very, very much this. It feels bad saying this, but pretty much all of the problems in Emi's route as well as her own personal problems are caused by the very unhealthy manner in which she decides to deal with her trauma, and i believe that behavior is responsible for the suffering of most of the characters in the route (Well, at least those of the main couple, Nurse and Meiko)

There are actually a bunch of things i want to say on the matter, but Emi's route is a very personal one to me because of a bunch of reasons, so it'll have to wait when it's not my birthday or i'm not emotional. Sorry about that.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

My guess that you are to Emi what Selim is to Hanako. Take your time, mon.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:My guess that you are to Emi what Selim is to Hanako. Take your time, mon.
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

And I hope you have a happy birthday Dream. Don't forget, you have friends here.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:My guess that you are to Emi what Selim is to Hanako. Take your time, mon.
Who's mon? Anyways, i can't say i am, although you could probably say i dated Emi... Things didn't end up as good as they could have, i'm sad to say.

And thank you very much Pandaphil, it does help.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It's how Warcraft trolls (as in the race) call someone they know.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

YZQ wrote:It's how Warcraft trolls (as in the race) call someone they know.
Or anyone with a Jamaican accent.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

"Whadaya mean, what kinda accent is dis? It's a troll accent!"

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

YZQ wrote:"Whadaya mean, what kinda accent is dis? It's a troll accent!"
bit of trivia:
The Troll Males in WoW are voiced by Steven Jay Blum (more commonly credited as Steve Blum). If you don't know who that is watch any anime. You'll probably hear his lovely gravelly voice. (Examples of his Anime work: Zabuza and Orichimaru from Naruto, Spike Spiegel and Yuri Kellerman from Cowboy Bebop, TOM from Toonami and Grunt from Mass Effect)
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
YZQ wrote:"Whadaya mean, what kinda accent is dis? It's a troll accent!"
bit of trivia:
The Troll Males in WoW are voiced by Steven Jay Blum (more commonly credited as Steve Blum). If you don't know who that is watch any anime. You'll probably hear his lovely gravelly voice. (Examples of his Anime work: Zabuza and Orichimaru from Naruto, Spike Spiegel and Yuri Kellerman from Cowboy Bebop, TOM from Toonami and Grunt from Mass Effect)
He's also a majority of the asylum guards in Arkham Asylum. And a pretty awesome guy besides.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote: And a pretty awesome guy besides.
Agreed. He just seems like a really nice person who loves his job.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:
I follow him on Twitter and once got retweeted by tweeting at him "If this is not retweeted, I will launch TOM into the sun."

I could see Emi or Rin enjoying his company. :lol: Though Rin would probably ask weird questions about all the voices...
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
I follow him on Twitter and once got retweeted by tweeting at him "If this is not retweeted, I will launch TOM into the sun."

I could see Emi or Rin enjoying his company. :lol: Though Rin would probably ask weird questions about all the voices...
"all the voices"
Xan. He uses essentially the same voice for every. single. character he plays.
I also draw, kind of.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The same voice coming from fellows that don't look alike at all. That'll confuse Rin.